You have to be kidding me -.-

Buffalo_trains93

It's snowy here.
So I just on TRS2009 today to see that there is a patch, after spending 45 mins of it not moving I try to load trs2009, and just not have the patch on. The following problems occur;

I have no background screen when loading
I'm lucky to get past the inital start up screen
The rulers do not display feet
and this comes up when the patch finially get's moving

"Failed to apply the patch: 38599_to_40040
Patching aborted."

Anyone know how to fix this would you please let me know?

Thank you and take care,

Ryan:wave:

I don't think that your patch was finished loading yet after 45 minutes. I've seen some other posts in another thread yesterday that the patch takes about 1-1/2 hrs. During a good part of this time, the progress bar doesn't move. You might have to now apply the patch to a clean install of Trainz, but I'm not sure about that.
Mike

I have the digitaldownload WBE so I have no idea how I'd re-install. The green bar gets to half-way then stops, saying it cannot/failed to patch.

Take care,

Did you save a copy of your digital download before you installed? Doesn't sound good. Wish I had some good advice for you. Maybe someone will come along who does.
Mike

Haha, well that's just dandy. That makes me mad, that it can't be corrected. I don't belive I did save a copy of my download.

Ryan

If you go to your Auran profile (not the forum profile), select 'Order History', then select your TS09 order that will give you a download link. Not ideal, but you can start from scratch again.

Lessons

Alaways keep the original download seperate and untouched, whatever it is, on a second drive if possible or save to a CD. As you have sadly discovered if anything goes wrong you are then unable to restart.
Sorry to hear of this but the Profile suggestion may well get you out of the soup - hope it does.

Angela

Alaways keep the original download seperate and untouched, whatever it is, on a second drive if possible or save to a CD. As you have sadly discovered if anything goes wrong you are then unable to restart.
Sorry to hear of this but the Profile suggestion may well get you out of the soup - hope it does.

Angela

Yes, well, nothing we can do about it now, I will do the Profile bit and see how it goes.

Take care and thank you to everyone!

My patching took over 2 hours and the bar only moved 10 % for the first 1 1/2 hours. Takes a long time.

It sure dpoes. Nearly 3 hours and still going. Went to bed . next morning Patching complete. I,ve yet to look at all the changes. Must get the list from dem.
baz

Back