With Great Sorrow; aardvark1 , Ron Gutowski, has left us.

I don't always read the Auran Newsletter immediately, so, have only just seen this extremely sad news. I've had a few giggles with Ron over the years on here, he seemed to be around longer than Trainz/UTC was, a true veteran of the game and these forums, he'll be very much sadly missed now, my deepest condolences to his family, at least his pain and suffering are now over.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman. (Steve)

I'll be late from the party, but I'll be throwing an screenshot with Orange Bomberman saying his goodbye on fellow Trainz member:
hl22012-02-2522-44-50-573.png

I'll be late from the party, but I'll be throwing an screenshot with Orange Bomberman saying his goodbye on fellow Trainz member:

Perhaps a cultural difference, but I don't find this either amusing or respectful.

recent post -- Wait who died? Who's Ron?

and another -- I'll be late from the party, but I'll be throwing an screenshot with Orange Bomberman saying his goodbye on fellow Trainz member:

Quite ironic , that Ron had confessed to me , that the above types of posts , were the posts that he could not refrain from responding to . He stated that he knew he might come under attack , but he felt it necessary he informed the poster of their lack of reading the thread prior to posting , and in other cases the lack of the poster being courteous and/or respectful

RIP my dear friend , ---, dave​

recent post -- Wait who died? Who's Ron?

and another -- I'll be late from the party, but I'll be throwing an screenshot with Orange Bomberman saying his goodbye on fellow Trainz member:

Quite ironic , that Ron had confessed to me , that the above types of posts , were the posts that he could not refrain from responding to . He stated that he knew he might come under attack , but he felt it necessary he informed the poster of their lack of reading the thread prior to posting , and in other cases the lack of the poster being courteous and/or respectful

RIP my dear friend , ---, dave​

I agree. This is sad news indeed. Ron will be missed. My condolences to his family.

Cheers,
Fred

I too send my condolences to Rons family. I,ve only been a Trainz member since 2009, and yet Rons posts have helped me on many occasions. I have never chat to the man, but i know his Trainz presence far more significant than ill ever acheive, So, Ron may have passed, But he was a Trainz Forum Hero, and in our minds and hearts, "Hero's Live Forever", and so Ron hase made a Difference.

Terrible news and such a great loss of knowledge to the Trainz community.
My prayers and condolences to his family.

Adam

I don't know Ron very good but never the less my sincere condolences to Ron's family and his friends.

I always liked to read the posts he made.

Kelvin

I never knew Ron personally, but I've been here since day one, (more or less).
He was the type of person you looked to as a model TRS forum member.
The kind who you have monumental respect for. Nothing changes in that regard.
To Rons family, my deepest and most sincere condolences. He will be greatly missed.
Thanks to N3V for acknowledging such a TRS heavyweight and rightly so.
Lets hope the legacy continues and we see Aardvark2 at some stage in the future.

Again, my thoughts are with you.
Kindest regards clan Gutowski,
Pete.

Well I was trying to stay "off the air", but this sad news hit me like a ton of brick and came out of hiding! I am really so sad to read this :( Ron really was a great guy (still is really), and always has had a great sense of humor.

Chris and Ed, I really send my condolences to both you from New England. Keep strong and remember your dad always.

John

Just read this. I am incredibly saddened by this.

If I could, and I know its a bit late, but better than never, I must say a few words about Ron.

Ron was perhaps one of the most influential forumers to me. I suppose one may find it hard to believe that someone a person never meets, can have such an impact on that person. I never met Ron, I never spoke with him over a phone. Never even exchanged e-mails. However I joined this forum early in my teenage years, I had no internet socialization skills. Ron had this beautiful way of setting someone straight. Firmly, but gently. Ron, like a few select others, through guidance and even some nit-picking, taught me how to act with other people on the internet. He taught me that all these avatars are not just pictures, but people.
I'll be honest, Ron didn't always have the most pleasant way of correcting, but he was always honest. It was thanks to Ron that I ultimately learned how to act here, I went from a silly immature kid posting God only knows what on this forum, to someone who posts seldom and thinks about what I post. It saddens me that Ron is no longer with us, many could take lessons from him! :p
Ron was polite, but not excess. He didn't spam every thread with congrats on a job well done to someone who created a two baseboard route with two trees. He was seldom, and well mannered when posting. Perhaps that is what he was trying to teach me. I am honored to know he tried. There was a time when I did not like Ron, I suppose no one likes people that bring you the truth concerning you. Ron did that.
If I posted a pointless thread, he made sure I knew. Overtime, I began to come around. Thanks to his so called "awful" comments. :hehe:

Ron, you're an inspiration to me. Thanks for all you did for this community, and for us younger ones. Your little Trainz Forum legacy will always live.

God Bless the Gutowski family.

Here's to Ron,
Woody

Woody,

Well said. Too bad we don't have "thanks" button. That would be a worthy thing to have now.

Ron's even hand, when teaching, also went well with is dry wit and great sense of humor. He surely will be missed.

John

...it is always a sad day when someone you know passes away. As a 'celebration of life' it was members such as Ron that allowed Trainz to grow and become what it is today. We thank him for his contributions and will miss him.

roymac

I always have difficulties to express what I feel in words, therefor some from whom who really had known to use them

Abschied

Die Gegenwart weiß nichts von sich,
der Abschied fühlt sich mit Entsetzen,
entfernen zieht dich hinter dich,
Abwesenheit allein versteht zu schätzen.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sorry I'm afraid I can not translate this poem properly...

Mick!

This came as shock to me, just read this thread now, this is indeed very sad news to the whole of the Trainz Community and Ron will be greatly missed by me and whole of the Trainz Community.:(

Please pass on my condolences to Ron's family.

Back