WinZip and Winrar won't work for ME!

dnutter

They both won't work and they won't be finally and when download some the NS GP40-2 were come from USLW. Also, I have Mozilla FireFox and when download in Mozilla FireFox then done then straight to WinZip but they said some have error and cannot find. Also I download the Winrar then I just check to my email for Winrar download and when click open on the Winrar's website but they was tooo jump step to other google toolbar something stuff so I really very upset! But I like old download before like USTrainz that thing I like that. Those better than new download as sucks!

Please MORE give me other website pleaseee thank you and I really very upset right now:confused:

Hi David --

Google:

IZArc

It's free and will un-zip and un-rar.

Phil

Hello Phil,

which choose what I can pick them?

IZArc version 3.81 Build 1550 14.06.2007

IZArc Command Line Add-On version 1.1 Build 140 22.01.2007

IZArc2Go version 3.81 Build 1550 14.06.2007

Last edited:
Dave --

I'd suggest the first.

If you install and configure it correctly, double clicking on a zip or rar file in Windows File Explorer will automatically open IZArc and allow you to extract the compressed file.

I've also just remembered - the latest version of WinZip (Google WinZip) also uncompresses rar files. WinZip is also easier to use (well, at least I think so). Download the Evaluation version - it's free and will do all that you need.

Phil

Last edited:
:'( Guess I'm give up and because those were really very too hard for me but honestly with you that that my favorite old download like last year before that USTrainz that like it and those better than new download WinZip too hard for me:'(

Maybe you can little give me a hint like next step make me more understand:confused:

:'( Guess I'm give up and because those were really very too hard for me but honestly with you that that my favorite old download like last year before that USTrainz that like it and those better than new download WinZip too hard for me:'(

Maybe you can little give me a hint like next step make me more understand:confused:

Try again. Izarc is very good and very easy to use once installed.

http://www.izarc.org/download.html

You want the
IZArc version 3.81 Build 1550 14.06.2007
version.Cheerio John

Big hint from me is to use JustZIPit as I've already mentioned.

One click and the zip is unzipped!:)

Hello Colin,

What I should be step next.

1. Click on the NS GP40-2 then, next ope the download's list which would you want using folder or CDP or JustZipIt.

2. wait unitl they done download

3. straight to folder in my C:folder and let click right mouse and open the Create the JustZipIt

4. done, then next click on NS GP40-2's folder and let click left mouse and have see black thick "JustUnZipIt" then let click them.

5. wait to done! Will inself CMP open it or myself should let to open the CMP?

Because I did click on JustUnZipIt and download done then they not CMP open it none so that weird:confused:

Edit: Sorry my language very is sucks :(

Last edited:
Hello I already have izarch too and maybe you can give me little step hint how to use izarc? Thank you John

Right click the item and look at the options in izarc. unzip to a folder then either import the .cdp or the folder depending if its a .cdp or cdp2 or not. Import is on the file menu.

Cheerio John

Hi I dont know why you are trying to open these files via Winzip or Winrar or IZArc
The NS GP40-2 from USLW are in fact CDP files and thats what they download as.
You cant unzip them with any of the above extractors they will only extract via CMP if you use 06 or the Content dispatcher if you use 04.
As for the fact that you are saying they download to Winzip No they do not unless you have somehow changed the options on Winzip .
I have WinZip and Winrar I use Firefox and they download as CDPs and are saved as such .
Winzip does not open and does not extract these files in fact it cant as it does not recognize CDP files.
I have downloaded these files at least 5 different times from USLW on different days and they always download as CDP files.
I suggest that you temporary uninstall Winzip since for some reason it is trying to extract these files.
Then re try to download and see if they will now download as CDP files which they should .
Once you have the CDP you then open CMP and go to the top left hand side and click onto file and import CDPs then browse to where you have the CDP saved then click onto the cdp and then click on open CMP will now extract the CDP .
Depending how you have CDP set up you may have to commit it.
please contact me via Pm= private message if you cant get this sorted.

Hi D!

You DO NOT need to use winzip, winrar or zip-zap or whatever.

You download a cdp-file directly from USLW. The file is NOT compressed in any way. Therefore you DON'T need an unzip program !

I don't know what version of trainz you have (2004 ? or 2006?)

If You have Trs2006 then do this :

1. Download NS GP-40.cdp directly to your desktop.
2. Start DownloadManager.
3. Drag and drop the 'NS GP-40.cdp' file directly in the 'download helper' window.
4. Press 'view in main list'
5. Select all the files in the main list and press 'Ctrl' + 'M' to commit them.

That's all You have to do.

Try it and let us know how it goes.;)

Kind regards, and good luck ! Al from Denmark.

Hi D!

You DO NOT need to use winzip, winrar or zip-zap or whatever.

You download a cdp-file directly from USLW. The file is NOT compressed in any way. Therefore you DON'T need an unzip program !

I don't know what version of trainz you have (2004 ? or 2006?)

If You have Trs2006 then do this :

1. Download NS GP-40.cdp directly to your desktop.
2. Start DownloadManager.
3. Drag and drop the 'NS GP-40.cdp' file directly in the 'download helper' window.
4. Press 'view in main list'
5. Select all the files in the main list and press 'Ctrl' + 'M' to commit them.

That's all You have to do.

Try it and let us know how it goes.;)

Kind regards, and good luck ! Al from Denmark.

DownloadManager? That CMP? And I have TRS2006 with us...:)

Back