WinZip and Winrar won't work for ME!

Where did NS GP40-2 end up, after you downloaded ???

Hey Ferngren,

I am using internet it Mozilla Firefox really very weird than other internet explorer. When I download the NS GP40-2 and which what I want that where would take to GP40-2 to WinZip or CMP? Or WinRaR whatever then I decide have pick WinZip again and it finally it done and they straight to WinZip and they won't are show up on CMP it nothing so I wish use my old internet explorer than new Mozilla Firefox:(

My reply is on page 1 at the very bottom of the page.
I am sending you a PM= private message to read it click on where is says welcome just under there is PM click on Pm

Hey Robin Hoods,

It finally it work! Thank you!!!!:D I like would buy the gifts for YOU! But (sigh!) can't because you are live in England and I live in East Coast USA lol:hehe:

Hi D!

Yes, you are right!

It should be ContentManager!

Any luck yet ?

Al.

Ah, it too late because Robin Hoods was just give me a site download of NS GP40-2 so those are working now and next time someday that I try want download CSX GP40-2 then what I will have plan with them:cool:

Hi D!

Sounds GREAT that you got it to work.:clap: :clap: :Y: :Y:

Al.

Yeaaa! Thank you too because you was try help with me how to take NS GP40-2 to CMP and etc too so I should saying you...And my name is David!:):wave:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Hi David !

You are so welcome !

I had a lot of problems with downloads from different sites, and i know EXACTLY how frustrating it can be, when things don't work out the way we want it !

Allan from Denmark.

Hi David !

You are so welcome !

I had a lot of problems with downloads from different sites, and i know EXACTLY how frustrating it can be, when things don't work out the way we want it !

Allan from Denmark.

Yea!

Ah, same me too sometime but I was use old internet exlporer were are very smooth and work for me and easy can be download and straight to my CMP but right now I have new Mozilla Firefox make me little mixing in my brain and these are very too hard for me and I can't control with them so it finally I more learn how to take download stuff transfser to CMP so thank you that awesome! :wave:

Hi David !

I don't know much about FireFox, but it might have something to do with a setup in FireFox somewhere. (FireFox thinks that a 'CDP' file should go to WinZip instead of CMP.)

I stick to the old Internet Explorer 6.0, because i know exactly what buttons to push when it makes fun of me !!!:hehe:

Take care, my friend, and talk to you later.:wave:

Al.

Good you got it to work dnutter!

You don't know what kind of file you're getting from USLW.

Zipexample.jpg

Or...

CDPExample.jpg

Very strange.....:(

Hi David !

I don't know much about FireFox, but it might have something to do with a setup in FireFox somewhere. (FireFox thinks that a 'CDP' file should go to WinZip instead of CMP.)

I stick to the old Internet Explorer 6.0, because i know exactly what buttons to push when it makes fun of me !!!:hehe:

Take care, my friend, and talk to you later.:wave:

Al.

The file association is done in Windows not Firefox or IE 6. The way IZARC works it doesn't use file associations you right click and you get IZARC as one of the options. Very nice for zipping a file up.

May I ask you politely to upgrade from IE6 to IE 7 or Firefox from a security point of view? IE6 has too many known problems and your machine can be taken over by simply looking at a web site. These days it is fairly easy to corrupt a web site so even if you land on one that you think is safe and known you may end up with Malware.

From a security point of view Firefox is much safer, the reason is is it has less features or a smaller attack surface, Firefox with an addon called noscript is about the safest.

Cheerio John

The file association is done in Windows not Firefox or IE 6. The way IZARC works it doesn't use file associations you right click and you get IZARC as one of the options. Very nice for zipping a file up.

May I ask you politely to upgrade from IE6 to IE 7 or Firefox from a security point of view? IE6 has too many known problems and your machine can be taken over by simply looking at a web site. These days it is fairly easy to corrupt a web site so even if you land on one that you think is safe and known you may end up with Malware.

From a security point of view Firefox is much safer, the reason is is it has less features or a smaller attack surface, Firefox with an addon called noscript is about the safest.

Cheerio John

Hi John !

I know that F.A. is a windows matter, but as so many other programs Firefox and IE6(7) is capable of changing the file-assosiations in windows. (Maybe via scripts from the page you are viewing. I don't know)
If you don't have any need for zipping files, then you don't need izarc, winzip or any of these programs, because a standard XP windows install is capable of UNzipping files by default. The only filetype i've had a problem with is '*.rar', but WinRar takes care of that.

Of course you may ask ! :hehe: I would have had no problem with IE7 if Microsoft had left the old userinterface alone ! There is way to much clutter and junk. And why are the 'back' and 'forward' buttons reduced to two small round buttons ??? Same old story with Microsoft: They mess with things that work, but don't do a thing about things that don't work !!!! (Like security).:n: Nope ! For the moment i'll stick to what works for me ! But thank you for asking and caring ! It means a lot to me !:)

About security : There are so many aspects in this. My experience with computers (> 35 years) tells me that there are no safe way accessing the internet, being with Firefox, IE6 or 7 or whatever. But you can surely minimise the risk by not allowing scripts,java,activeX ect.ect. A good updated firewall, virus and malware scanner is also a 'must' these days. Common sence of what pages NOT to visit, is a good thing too !

I totally agree with you that FireFox is the least vulnerable internet client, but it also (imho) sets a lot of boundaries. (Pages will not show, links don't work ect.ect.)

Kind regards, Al from Denmark.

Hi John !

I know that F.A. is a windows matter, but as so many other programs Firefox and IE6(7) is capable of changing the file-assosiations in windows. (Maybe via scripts from the page you are viewing. I don't know)
If you don't have any need for zipping files, then you don't need izarc, winzip or any of these programs, because a standard XP windows install is capable of UNzipping files by default. The only filetype i've had a problem with is '*.rar', but WinRar takes care of that.

Of course you may ask ! :hehe: I would have had no problem with IE7 if Microsoft had left the old userinterface alone ! There is way to much clutter and junk. And why are the 'back' and 'forward' buttons reduced to two small round buttons ??? Same old story with Microsoft: They mess with things that work, but don't do a thing about things that don't work !!!! (Like security).:n: Nope ! For the moment i'll stick to what works for me ! But thank you for asking and caring ! It means a lot to me !:)

About security : There are so many aspects in this. My experience with computers (> 35 years) tells me that there are no safe way accessing the internet, being with Firefox, IE6 or 7 or whatever. But you can surely minimise the risk by not allowing scripts,java,activeX ect.ect. A good updated firewall, virus and malware scanner is also a 'must' these days. Common sence of what pages NOT to visit, is a good thing too !

I totally agree with you that FireFox is the least vulnerable internet client, but it also (imho) sets a lot of boundaries. (Pages will not show, links don't work ect.ect.)

Kind regards, Al from Denmark.

40 odd years ago when I started with computers we didn't have the problems we have today with malware. We typed on a teletype then fed the punched paper tape into the reader. Output was punched tape that we then fed into the teletype machine.

Machines weren't interconnected. The machine had 1K of memory and I knew exactly what was going on in that 1k.

Five years later the machine had 2k of memory and an operating system that could run two programs at once. The first loaded program could access the memory of the second program, so a badly written first program could crash the second program.

Forward in time to 25 years ago I was working in a university with some computer science students who wanted to get their programs compiled faster by taking over our machine. We ended up running a scan down their file areas each morning and deleting anything we thought was dodgy. With apologies about the problems we were having with disk drives and files unfortunately being lost. Dial up was just coming in but to be honest it took so long to send data at 110 bps that attacking a computer wasn't really worth while. Attacking at long distance, well the phone bill would have been through the roof.

These days the world is interconnected and there is no cost to the connection. Spamming is big business as are denial of service attacks. There is money to be made in taking over your machine. Paul Mace reckons .1% of the people who visit his web site buy. He makes a living. Spam can survive on lower rates.

These days with SP2 and XP ie6 is the most vulnerable bit of software on the machine. Our security group came up with 80% of the Internet servers that hold the web addresses are not up to date with their security patches. That web site you thought you were visiting in fact might not be the real one your "phone book" got corrupted.

On a recent scan in the states 95% of home machines had some sort of Malware on them.

Have fun

Cheerio John

Hi John!

OOOhhh....MAN ! THAT brings back memories:hehe:

You had TTY's ? Lucky you ! I had an IMSAI 8080 with switches on the frontpanel (16 for address and 8 for data, output on led's):sleep:

Remember the KIM-1 ?? Hex input via calculator-keyboard, 256 Bytes of ram (yes, i know i know! it was the EXTENDED model).
BBS with 110 bps and a phonebill like you won't believe. :confused:

My GOD.. i'm starting to feel so OLD.:hehe:

I know XP,SP2,and IE6 is a great hazard. I keep all my ports closed and i have to approve ANY ingoing or outgoing communication. Bit of a drag but NO virus, spam or malware for the last 5 or 6 years now. Besides that, it all runs on a specific comp. for the internet. Nothing else on it. My other computer's don't have net-access.

Take care of you, and thank you for the memories !;)

Al.

Good you got it to work dnutter!

You don't know what kind of file you're getting from USLW.

Zipexample.jpg

Very strange.....:(

That here so thatvery strange but that this not my favorite but I like color orange icon on below I really I like one and those were better than on above *yuck!* So that very strange:confused:

Bad News.....

My WinZip is over can't be re-again istalled and we can't take download of WinZip because were are follow least a 30 days so were is over so I stuck and I can't take any download anymore. Might can everyone give me a free of Zip website more, please? Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving:):wave:

Back