What happened to JointedRail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, we're looking into the problem right now. No cause identified yet but we're going to be fixing it throughout the afternoon, please bear with us.

Thanks,
Nick

Folks, we're looking into the problem right now. No cause identified yet but we're going to be fixing it throughout the afternoon, please bear with us.

Thanks,
Nick

What he said....Please keep it to one thread please if possible.

It'll be back when it can be but we do not have an ETA on it being fixed. Our sale will be extended depending on how long the outage lasts

It's back for now but do not be alarmed if it goes down again for maintanence over the next few days.

If you're still seeing the redirect, clear out your recent cache and cookies from your web browser.

We're still looking into the issue for the time being until we can be 100% certain it is fixed.

Thanks,
Nick

I can confirm that yes, the JointedRail homepage is working normally. But it does bring up once again the question of Internet server security. Any plans to move to HTTPS?

Https does not address this or relate to it at all. Https would exist between Jr and you the client, and is used currently if sensitive data is being moved from one to the other. It does not protect against attempted internal code exploits by hacker "security" groups. Let put it this way, even if the entire site were https and there was another exploit uncovered, the hackers could just send their code to you more securely.

Works very well from here. Used the sale + club car discount to buy another $100 bucks of great JR engines while the getting is good :)

I have been told the problem has been resolved, so I'm closing this thread; however, if the issue resurfaces, I'm sure Jointed Rail would appreciate the feedback on their website or here if that's not possible.

Cheers

AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back