What happened to Marlboro content?

So I haven't been in the Trainz community for too long, but I've been here long enough to know about VMD, Marlboro and his highly sought-after Southern PS-4 and New York Central K5B. I genuinely just want to know what happened to his locomotives. I know someone is going to ask if I'm subtly asking for a link to download them or someone to give them to me, so no, I'm not asking for them. I just want to know what happened to them, since they're so iconic.

Like all payware content from sites that are no longer around its basically vaperware. Sad that we have lost a lot of good content due to third party websites shutting down. Though some creators have uploaded there creations to the DLS and given permission like the cowboys 9000 locomotive which is great to see. You just have to wait until someone else recreates those to fill the void. K&L Trainz did a really good Southern PS-4 pack for example.

So did CPLW Works, with their PS-4 Kitbash from Ben Neal's K11. I just wish Marlboro would come out and say that we could share his content. As far as my knowledge, the only way to find VMD is on the Wayback Machine. Even then, you can't buy the locomotives (again, as far as my knowledge goes but somehow some people did).

Oh, by the way, the 3 Marlboro engines are now finally archived at Denver and Burlington Trainz Works. I’m personally, very happy with them. Hence why I changed my Avatar to my favorite.

I may be wrong but that site seems to be an Eastern European site that offers downloads of content that was not uploaded by the creators. I highly doubt that Marlboro would have allowed his content to be hosted there as he had very STRONG opinions on the subject of piracy and pulled his content from the DLS due to his objections of Auran's uploading agreement that he believed unfairly allowed Auran to profit from his work.

Oh, by the way, the 3 Marlboro engines are now finally archived at Denver and Burlington Trainz Works. I’m personally, very happy with them. Hence why I changed my Avatar to my favorite.

Tip: Just shell out the $15 and buy K&L Trainz Southern Ps-4 pack. You get three Southern Ps-4's, three complete trainsets, and it has a whole lot more features than Marlboro's Ps-4. Note that you need an account with K&L Trainz to download their stuff. Link: https://kltrainz.com/product/southern-ps-4-pacific/

Back