UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thank you for the compliment KotangaGirl and Tanker46.
re post #1942 Nicely done quay side.

In my screenshot the wooden platform is by "vlatas" and is on the DLS, look for "K platform Wood" <kuid:489443:150161>. The B1 is by Camscott (Payware).
re post #1941

To get into "Manual" try the following:

Launch T,ANE, at the splash screen:
choose Trainz Settings, tick "Enable advanced debug tools" and close.
Start TRAINZ and in a route and session of your choice, choose "Show Launch Window";
the splash screen appears, choose "Developer" and choose "ShowPost-Processing Settings"
and choose "Post-Processing", a drop down menu appears.
In the "Mode" box select "Manual".
You can now tick the various boxes and experiment.

Note; in "HDR Tonemapping" the choice of "None" may well cause the game to crash.
Use ALT + ENTER to bring the screen back to normal.

You cannot save these settings, it has to be done every time !

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thanks evilcrow. The quay side spline is my own work assembled from all manner of texture bits found here and there. I couldn't find what I wanted anywhere on the DLS so I made it myself. I was really surprised at how well it turned out actually. The warehouses are of course by masontaylor and absolutely make the scene.

Harking back to a long gone era Annie. Four wheel carriages and probably fifty years old in post #1945! At the start of their lives (early 1880s or even the 1870s) automatic train brake was in its infancy ( A UK TV series on restoring vintage coaches last year included an 1860s former Royal carriage used by Queen Victoria that completely lacked automatic train brake) and a Third Class carriage might have wooden seats and ONE oil lamp for the whole carriage. Steam heating was another luxury for the future. First Class passengers on long distance trains were supplied with travel rugs and foot warmers. Second Class passengers could rent them and Third Class passengers had better bring their own travel rugs or wrap up. Having said that, it was only a generation or so past Third Class passengers travelling in OPEN wagons if permitted on the train at all!!!

Harking back to a long gone era Annie. Four wheel carriages and probably fifty years old in post #1945! At the start of their lives (early 1880s or even the 1870s) automatic train brake was in its infancy ( A UK TV series on restoring vintage coaches last year included an 1860s former Royal carriage used by Queen Victoria that completely lacked automatic train brake) and a Third Class carriage might have wooden seats and ONE oil lamp for the whole carriage. Steam heating was another luxury for the future. First Class passengers on long distance trains were supplied with travel rugs and foot warmers. Second Class passengers could rent them and Third Class passengers had better bring their own travel rugs or wrap up. Having said that, it was only a generation or so past Third Class passengers travelling in OPEN wagons if permitted on the train at all!!!

I seem to recall one of the first excursions was to London. A dozen wagons were thought to be sufficient for the passengers eventually fifty were used because of the demand. The locals had never been able to travel so far so cheaply before. I think that's when the railways decided that passenger traffic might be as profitable as coal.

Cheerio John

The 4 wheelers are circa 1880s Frank and belong to the Hopewood Tramway, but the GER ones on the end of the train are a bit more modern. I also have some 1870s 4 wheelers that are used on the two tramways as well (Hopewood Tramway and Windweather Tramway). The Terrier is the 'new' engine on the tramway having been recently purchased second hand from the LBSC.
The 1870s coaches don't have continuous brakes, but the 1870s and 1880s brake 3rds have a functional braking e.spec so I guess that's Ok. I've been meaning to fit the vacuum brake to the 1880s coaches for a while now, but haven't got around to it. The speed limit on the tramways is 25mph and traffic is light so modern braking (1910-1913 era) isn't a high priority. Just a little nod towards Colonel Stevens, even though my tramways are just slightly more upmarket than the lines the good Colonel was in charge of.
I do have some nice digital models of 1850's coaches and even some open 3rd class wagons/coaches as well as 3rd class enclosed 'Parliamentary' coaches, but I don't use them on the tramway since they would be seriously out of date for the 1900s era and gone to scrap long ago.

And yes I don't think anyone realised what a change the railways would make with ordinary people being able to travel further than they could walk or ride a horse in a day for the first time in their lives.

Judging by that sky it's a Scottish Summer evilcrow and it's about to rain soon. I love the scenic detailing on your new ScR layout, - by studying each of your screenshots I get to learn so much about how to properly scenically detail a route.

That's a really nice Screenshot Annie, makes me feel warm from the summeryness* of it :)

*Is that a real word?

It's angelah's K&ESR layout that was originally for TS2004 Graham. I've transplanted it into TS2019 and I've been gradually working on replacing all the ancient billboard trees & etc for much better ones. It's a really lovely layout and I always feel much cheered up when I drive trains on it just because it's just so nice and Summery.

Thanks for the info Annie:)

Another great steamshot from Evilcrow.

Scottish weather forecast told to me by a resident in Fort William.

If ya cannae see the Ben, it's raining,
If ya can see the Ben, it's aboot tae.

re posts #1955 KotangaGirl and #1956 euromodeller

Thank you both for the compliment.

aKP Somewhere ScR (a WIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

As much as I dislike seeing things shut down, abandoned and out of use since it's a harbinger of the vandalism BR enacted on the railways later on I have to say that is one amazing piece of scenic modelling evilcrow.

Learning to drive steam engines on the advanced controls means sometimes I mess up and a dead engine has to be rescued.

yEdqm4O.jpg

Trip working on the Minehead branch. I see the farmer has some of those flat pack cows made back in 2004 that are so convenient to bring in at night since all you have to do is stack them on a cart and take them to the barn.

Mq4JdYo.jpg

Steam engine driving lesson. The young lady did just fine with shunting the goods yard too.

dZk9Mv2.jpg

CXmcHAS.jpg

Approaching Watchet.

z1VrRZY.jpg

Last edited:
Post #1957 - Amazing work as always Evilcrow! By any chance is that a modified LMS Barney? I actually have a really old photograph of one dressed in BR Gill Sans livery like that! It's really a spectacular feat if it is! :)

Post #1960 - Awesome shots of those classical locomotives Anne! Looks like that young lady is really getting an experience she won't forget! :)

I've been playing around with the processing settings on my TANE game. I am really loving the results...

Dearnby 1930's:

AGeN38a.jpg
[/IMG]
cCvSUXM.jpg
[/IMG]
XogW6H4.jpg
[/IMG]
1MhSCzG.jpg
[/IMG]
1G5CaR3.jpg
[/IMG]

GCR Nottingham 1950's-1960's:

shmEcW9.jpg
[/IMG]
Yq66BHK.jpg
[/IMG]
q38mZGJ.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Definitely coming on nicely there Tanker. I should go back and have a look at Dearnby again now that I've rebuilt my computer.

Yes I certainly have a lot of fun with my 1860s and 1870s engines and rolling stock. Despite being older models they work and look just fine in TS2019.

Back