UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I've often seen these bridges partway through an embankment; more akin to a tunnel really, as it carries part of the embankment on top of the tunnel. Quite an unusual structure and not one we often see in Trainz, due I suspect to the fact there are no half embankments that match others. My workaround was to use Malc's road - track with verge - as a substitute. Not a perfect match for the grass and it now gives a gravel base under the track but it's not a bad attempt I don't think, plus his licence allows for reskins so these might yet be fixable.

Just south of Cole station on the S&D, this bridge will eventually cross a river.

JqdMW77.jpeg

1ruWwJJ.jpeg

Cheers,

PLP

I use exclusively Sam VS embankments and his various bridge ends, bridges and viaducts as I think the grass colour is more realistic than other types. If I want Brick bridges I use those by FMA and NEX. When I have had your problem in the past what I do is use a matching grass spline and raise one end so that it matches the slope of the embankment - it's fiddly but with practice it's not too difficult. There are some FMA ground grass splines that are very useful for this.

Barney's new BR GUVs just hit the public store. Picked a few up for myself to see how they handle on the Southern Region Project and boy do they!!

NDXTTK8.jpeg

AvuNfbw.jpeg

Thbh3BT.jpeg

BWPSSm0.jpeg

8XaCBDP.jpeg

I placed them behind 2995Valliant's outstanding reskin of the BR Standard 4MT 2-6-0 Class - one of the more common carriers of trains such as these in the Southern Region. His work with this locomotive is unparalleled and it looks fantastic in TRS22!!

du7SNd8.jpeg

bzc13h6.jpeg

LQj6Jfx.jpeg

V5wAIbp.jpeg

Rg8O6qg.jpeg

ex Wootton Tramway Aveling & Porter and friend under the shelter shed at Windweather on my (imaginary hidden in a fold in the map) Norfolk layout. TRS19 in Debian Linux.
I'm getting down to the final few fixes and repairs now so it won't be long before it's all fully operational again.

y76fLLj.jpg

Eryholme was an interesting little station opened in 1846 as Dalton; it was very remote and had no road access. It closed in 1912 but was given new platforms on the Richmond branch to allow RAF staff access to nearby RAF Croft (Neasham). The building was demolished in the mid 60s and the Richmond branch closed in 1969. Here we see a DMU waiting to leave the branch as a Deltic heads north with a Pullman.

Trainz at Eryholme 28.8.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

At Northallerton the Longlands Loop freight avoiding passes under the main line by a sort of hybrid tunnel/bridge which to complicate matters is three tracks wide on the ECML so I couldn't use a 45 degree bridge. This is my third attempt done by using the single sided TSP Bridge 1T and TSP Brick Wall 2.

Trainz At Northallerton 1.9.24 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The real thing.

Back