UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

WIP: Great Western Railway Water Tank

Does someone know the colour of this, or is it a slightly rusty steel?

16230-wip-great-western-railway-water-tank

Does someone know the colour of this, or is it a slightly rusty steel?
Same colours as the yard lamps.
Beat me to it. The Great Western Railway had a standard selection of building and infrastructure paint colours that was used for everything that needed to be painted. Apart from dark chocolate that began to fall out of favour around the end of the 19th century the colours carried right through unchanged into the early days of British Railways ownership.

https://www.stationcolours.info/great-western-railway/

can't believe how my idea has progressed well done Paulsw2
No, thank you - seeing your version was an inspiration that got me started on the first route I was able to complete and upload (also with Windrush). Can't believe it was way back in 2012. I hope I can get this new version completed for TRS22.

And now we've got some new gas lamps for Ashburton station. The train spotters seem excited!

53558775545_3dbf1508e8_h.jpg

Thanks Annie, I realise it's not much to look at yet - and probably won't be for some time - but it shows that progress is being made. I think at this point it's more for myself to prove that I am making a dent in it, as looking at baseboard after baseboard of grey does give the impression that nothing has been done. It sometimes feels like it will never get there but I'm chipping away bit by bit.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Annie, I realise it's not much to look at yet - and probably won't be for some time - but it shows that progress is being made. I think at this point it's more for myself to prove that I am making a dent in it, as looking at baseboard after baseboard of grey does give the impression that nothing has been done. It sometimes feels like it will never get there but I'm chipping away bit by bit.

Cheers,

PLP
Having built routes myself, - though of a smaller kind, - I can see the potential in what you have done so far.

That looks excellent Mick, braziers were often seen next to water columns. To give more scope to the model, would you perhaps be open to creating a version with a straight flue up instead of splitting at the top?

Cheers,

PLP

Back