UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I agree with what you’re saying on principle PLP, I wouldn’t be bothered if someone changed sounds on my locos, engine specs etc. all these soft factors which don’t really affect the product if being changed but if you’ve ever had a run in with the TTTE you’ll see that they have the ability to make a small thing like adding a smokebox door, or changing the config a little, into being akin to you commuting a war crime, it is truly insane how immature members of that community are, which is why I suggest not altering their content as the blowback is so out of proportion often.
though ofc feel free to change enginr specs, sounds, headlamps etc. on my locos! Soft factors like that are fine to change!
Speaking of sounds ect I have some recordings of BR 4MT No.80080 if you want them I can send you them over if you like.

A rather lengthy goods train for the Foxfield, skilfully managed by Wimblebury:
U27lWLm.jpg

9GjhzYc.jpg

4VRRpAx.jpg

aXitXWi.jpg

I1zKlZi.jpg

Cheers,

PLP
The Foxfield Railway is looking to be a fantastic route, Parker! Both Barney and I are extremely excited to see you've chosen to undertake this amazing little Heritage Line! Keep your eyes peeled as there most likely with be a certain iconic Foxfield "Knotty" locomotive appearing for you and your route in the future! ;)

I recently decided to undertake updating my version of the Fellhall and Moorhurst Railway into PBR Standards. The textures are first, and the scenery will follow shortly after.

9rHaP2D.jpg

lil4om6.jpg
qEmSkwE.jpg
6bFZ593.jpg

It's currently getting ready for the spring running season, and all the Tank Engines are getting serviced at Westerly Repair and Restoration Shops! Amongst them are LBSCR E1X No. 89, LBSCR E2 No.107, LSWR G6 No. 30272 (Masquerading as it's sibling No.262) and LBSCR A1 Terrier IOW No. 13 "Carisbrooke"

VLjFfeM.jpg

The larger tank engines and small tender engines are next on the list. E5 2567 "Freshwater", E6 411 "Blackheath" and LBSCR K Class 32343.

kOcDau3.jpg

Finally we have No. 2329 "Stephenson" exiting the works in a newly outshopped coat of Malachite Green. Who's that engine behind it you ask? A F&M New Build Locomotive that's been under construction since the railway bought Stephenson in 1959.

bnWp9wS.jpg

This season features some surprising newcomers to the railway this running year, at Westerly's down platform we discover....

AYvsJXd.jpg

A Bluebell Brigade!! Bluebell Railway No.323 "Bluebell" and SECR Wainwright Class No.592 have been chosen as ambassadors to the Fellhall and Moorhurst! The F&M have agreed to cover their overhauls in exchange for the Bluebell leasing the two locomotives to them for the remainder of the operational year! While these two Chatham Travelers stay with the F&M, two of their own locomotives (LBSCR C2x No. 437 and LBSCR I3 No.30922) have gone as ambassadors to the Bluebell Railway to operate for the remainder of the year as well. Although they're only steamed up for some photographs, they do look a fine sight eh?

OaD23RT.jpg

Good to pop on here again and I hope you guys enjoy these. I'm going to have a pretty big update on the SR Project in a couple weeks! Stay tuned!! :D

I promise we are not all bad eggs, us Thomas people.
Nobody is saying you are Loustar. But like I mentioned earlier a LOT of people have had bad experiences with the Thomas Community. We know that there are good people in the community but the group as a whole is pretty bad. Specifically people like Mainland Studios, Light and Coal and Tom K.

Don't take it to heart okay Loustar. Just be yourself here and people will be cool.

Looks EXCELLENT Dun! Can't wait to try it out for myself when the times comes!! Barney's handiwork is something to marvel at!!

WIP: Great Eastern Railway signal hut
GER buildings were painted in a pale beige colour officially known as 'stone' rather than the shade of yellow you've used Mick. GER Brown was a lighter shade than GWR chocolate.
Finding good information on GER paint colours for buildings isn't easy especially when district engineers would please themselves over interpreting the recommended paint schemes. I have that GER signal hut drawing by the way and it's certainly an interesting one.

Ongar railway station has been restored to correct GER colours so is about the best example of GER 'stone' you are likely to find. It's one of the GER's standard 1867 brick buildings so not a lot of woodwork to be seen unfortunately.

https://www.therailwayhub.co.uk/721/epping-ongar-the-line-that-refused-to-die/

The following information courtesy of the Public Records Office at Kew:

Stations:
Columns, awnings, large roofs, etc. brown to 4½ feet, black
band 1½ inches, stone to underside of capitals, etc. Cornices,
fascias, bargeboards moulds, vertical boardings all in stone.
Large areas with brown edge.
Doors and windows brown,
varnished nameplates (iron) black background white edged,
letters in white. Window sashes in stone and varnished.

Timber Stations:
Top work in stone. Dado and base plate to 4 feet in brown
with 1½ inches black band.
Gutters, spouts, gas and water
pipes brown or stone accordingly. Lamp posts as for columns.
Brackets brown varnished. Lamps outside brown varnished,
inside white. Urinals (iron) brown or tar black. Internal sashes,
fanlights in stone, varnished.

Internal:
Woodwork in brown, varnished. Walls brown to 4 feet with
black band 1½ inches, varnished.
Above in green or terra
cotta distemper or stone tint paint. Ceilings whitened, seats in
brown.

Exterior:
Platform seats in brown, varnished.
Name plates black
background, white edge, white lettering.

Notice Boards:
Black background, white inner and black outer borders.
White lettering.

Supporting Posts:
Ground to 2 feet 6 inches in black then white.

Signal Boxes:
Outside - As for stations.
Inside - To sill level in brown with 1½ inches black band,
varnished. Upwards light stone or green distemper. Ironwork
in black.

Houses/Cottages:
Outside - As for stations.

Inside
- Woodwork in two colours. Walls papered or
distempered. Sculleries Dado in brown to 4 feet with 1½
inches black band all varnished. Upwards whitewashed.

Warehouses, Sheds, Stables, Van-Houses, Workshops,
Stages:

As for stations with 21 inch fingerplates on inside of doors.

Offices, Cabins etc.
As for stations.

Bridges - Foot:
Metalwork brown. Woodwork Creosote or stone.

Fences, Gates:
Ticket barriers brown varnished.
Railings iron brown or
tar.
Railings wood Creosote or stone.
Goods yard gates
brown or white. Level crossing gates white with red targets.
Level crossings ironwood in black. All brown paint for iron
or steelwork to have an iron-oxide base.

tirdonkin.webp

Something slightly different, three slightly different weathered PO wagons different numbers and the bulk loads are slightly varied on all four wagons. The bulk loads work with the 7 plank tops so you can switch other wagons the same way. Having identical bulk loads on a string of wagons is probably a bit unrealistic. Everything is on the DLS.

Cheerio John

Something slightly different, three slightly different weathered PO wagons different numbers and the bulk loads are slightly varied on all four wagons. The bulk loads work with the 7 plank tops so you can switch other wagons the same way. Having identical bulk loads on a string of wagons is probably a bit unrealistic. Everything is on the DLS.

Cheerio John
Clever work with those bulk load meshes John. When you see them altogether in a train of wagons like that they certainly look effective.
The Tirdonkin PO wagons look good too.

An excellent snowy screenshot there dundun.

I'm back testing a new TRS22 install in Linux. I'm still using Debian Linux, but this time with the new Wine version 9.0.0 working via Lutris. Lutris is an open source gaming platform for Linux and so far it seems to be working very well.

zubOsBS.jpg

Back