TRS22 Platinum with S20 confirmed?

Tom, your renewal date is December 2023 which is certainly within the range of Sept 2023 to Sept 2024 so you can renew at the normal time and still get the TRS22 Platinum to keep. My renewal date is January 2024 and I am in no hurry as the Trainz Plus I have is already TRS22 Platinum with extras.

SO do I understand this right my renew for trainz Plus is December 2023 so it Says Sept 2023 to Sept 2024 we will get the upgrade option on renew so I should wait till then?

Tom

My annual is up in December also, so I'm waiting. It's the keep forever Platinum (no subsciption required) that you will get from what I understand

Last edited:
Further to my comments a few days ago, I've now had a chance to try the TSW4 editor and well... never thought I'd say this, but N3V don't have too much to worry about. It's a high end unforgiving implementation of the UE4 editor with a train sim bolt on. It took me three days just to figure out how to get placemarks working. In the same time I could have had track laid on a Trainz model railway or short route.

So I'll probably take the plunge into TRS22 PE once it gets a decent discount on Steam. I sincerely hope the new Surveyor is easier to wok with than Unreal!

Further to my comments a few days ago, I've now had a chance to try the TSW4 editor and well... never thought I'd say this, but N3V don't have too much to worry about. It's a high end unforgiving implementation of the UE4 editor with a train sim bolt on. It took me three days just to figure out how to get placemarks working. In the same time I could have had track laid on a Trainz model railway or short route.

So I'll probably take the plunge into TRS22 PE once it gets a decent discount on Steam. I sincerely hope the new Surveyor is easier to wok with than Unreal!
The new editor will be much easier I'm sure and the good news is when you have to you can still go back to the old faithful when necessary. I bounce between the two when I'm working in Surveyor. There are some things that are much easier for me to see in the old one while new one has some great tools such as the scrapbook and finer texturing.

What is the current activity in the image? The left and right panels seem to be more information oriented than something that would be user changed. Are all the labels in the central window objects that are currently hidden? And finally, are the foreground tiles lifted for some reason?

If this is supposed to be the user interface for a route building editor, ouch. Sure hope there is a detailed user manual.

It looks like the Unreal editor produced by Epic Games. Definitely not the easiest 3D editor in the world. I guess it is a customized version. I think if you pay Epic something like 20,000 Euros, they give you access to the source code.

Yes it is essentially the Unreal Editor with a train sim bolt on.

Absolutely horrid to work with compared to Surveyor.
Yeah, I've been messing around with Unreal with an eye to using it to make films. Having used Lightwave 3D and Trainz Surveyor, I totally agree that it is really anti intuitive. I ended up buying a Humble Bundle of Unreal training to attempt to wrap my head around it.

Back