TRS22 Platinum with S20 confirmed?

Well, I call it hacking when I was tricked into installing an update (SP2) that converted my standalone version of TRS22 into a version that N3V can turn features on and off without my permission. To be clear, I did not buy that product known as TRS22PE. I don't want any software installed on my PC that the maker can modify how I use it without my permission. What else can they turn on or off? If subscriptions sales start to lag, do they turn off something else to push me towards a subscription?

There is also the question of what happens when I let my subscription lags in three weeks? I assume the install reverts back to TRS22 SP2 Standard Edition but as I pointed out they hosed my TRS19 install the last time they did the turn on a feature for a demo of MPS. When I drop the subscription, my Trainz Plus install refuses to authenticate with the server, will that happen with TRS22 as well. What kind of a mess will that cause if it does.

And Cookie, this does not support HD terrain, just Surveyor 2.0 in normal 5/10 meter grid mode. So I assume that if I create a route it will still work if I can ever get back my standalone version of TRS22.
PE is a standalone version. You get to keep it. Same compatibility as Trainz 22. Surveyor 2.0 is yours to keep.

I understand that if you buy TRS22 PE before 1 October you get Trainz+ with a year's subscription. I suppose you might use the lesser featured PE for the coming year in that circumstance.
PR is the standalone version. You keep it, no matter what with the current deals. No subscription to keep the features that come with PE. You can however install Plus version for that year.

Keep the 40 for the electric bill Mike, bound to go up again init.
I had a look at TSW4, well 2 minutes anyway.
I had lecky paid last year OAP and all that. Was the gas that screwed me, was freezing in here.
Yeah rush of blood to the head with TSW4, just looking for something different to play with. DTG are even worse than N3V, John :p:p

I have Trainz Plus Annual Subscription. It renews in December. The deal says I get Platinum when it renews. I would like to get Platinum now, but cant see a way to renew early. Anyone know how to renew early?

You cant renew early as renewal starts at the end of your present subscription. You won't gain anything by trying to get it early as you have access to all its content as a Plus user.

I have Trainz Plus Annual Subscription. It renews in December. The deal says I get Platinum when it renews. I would like to get Platinum now, but cant see a way to renew early. Anyone know how to renew early?
If you have TRS22 SP2 and the last beta patch installed then is is automatically updated to TRS22 PE at least as long as your subscription is active. If you want the forever version of TRS22 PE then you have to buy or renew by October 1. I would assume renewing early is possible if N3V is an ethical company.

If you have TRS22 SP2 and the last beta patch installed then is is automatically updated to TRS22 PE at least as long as your subscription is active. If you want the forever version of TRS22 PE then you have to buy or renew by October 1. I would assume renewing early is possible if N3V is an ethical company.
According to their PE page, renewing early isn't needed.

Buy One Get Both Promotion​

* Join either Trainz Plus or Gold Class annual membership, or update your existing membership to annual, between September 1, 2023 and October 1, 2023 and enjoy all the TRS22PE content and Trainz Plus features during your membership period. For existing annual members, when your annual membership ( automatically ) renews between September 1, 2023 and September 1, 2024 you will qualify for this promotion.
** Purchase TRS22PE and get a Trainz Plus Standard annual subscription completely free to use for an entire year. No sign up required! Offer valid until October 1, 2023

It is the same as the offer for TRS22 when it was launched. Existing annual memberships on renewal will get TRS22 PE forever. Your existing TRS22 will be upgraded to PE. It is only new purchases or monthly subscription upgrades to annual that need to be completed by October 1st

I stand corrected, thank you.

Buy One Get Both Promotion​

* Join either Trainz Plus or Gold Class annual membership, or update your existing membership to annual, between September 1, 2023 and October 1, 2023 and enjoy all the TRS22PE content and Trainz Plus features during your membership period. For existing annual members, when your annual membership ( automatically ) renews between September 1, 2023 and September 1, 2024 you will qualify for this promotion.

Rather than post a new thread, what's the upgrade path for those of us who already bought TRS22 (in my case the Steam version) who don't want a subscription?

Are we expected to pay again in full for TRS22 PE? If so is there any discount being applied for those of us who already bought the first version?

Edit: Well looking on Steam, yes PE is listed at the full £55 with no discount for pre-existing owners of the first version. Should be no more than £20 - I would take that.

Have to smile as over at the DTG forum some are complaining about having to buy TSW4 after the TSW3 update last year. But at least we are not being asked to pay £55 twice for a slightly updated version of the same edition (especially as the TSW4 price with discounts comes in at just over the price of a single route DLC and is coming with three massive new ones).

Last edited:
Rather than post a new thread, what's the upgrade path for those of us who already bought TRS22 (in my case the Steam version) who don't want a subscription?

Are we expected to pay again in full for TRS22 PE? If so is there any discount being applied for those of us who already bought the first version?

Edit: Well looking on Steam, yes PE is listed at the full £55 with no discount for pre-existing owners of the first version. Should be no more than £20 - I would take that.

Have to smile as over at the DTG forum some are complaining about having to buy TSW4 after the TSW3 update last year. But at least we are not being asked to pay £55 twice for a slightly updated version of the same edition (especially as the TSW4 price with discounts comes in at just over the price of a single route DLC and is coming with three massive new ones).
With TRS19 Platinum the discount to upgrade my Steam TRS19 version was on my MyTrainz page under discount codes. Yes, that means my Platinum version came from N3V and not Steam. I got it while it was also on sale so the total price was about $23 USD.

Back