TRS22 Platinum with S20 confirmed?

Looking at the History tab on that page reveals that only n3vPolsen and Tony have been recent editors so it is legit.

However, the TRS22 Product Page in the link does not yet exist, so TRS22 Platinum is (probably) not yet "live".

TRS19 was followed by TRS19 Platinum Edition, which included the UDS + a few other features that TRS19 lacked, so TRS22 followed by a Platinum Edition with S20 does make sense.

Buy One Get Both Promotion​

* Join either Trainz Plus or Gold Class annual membership, or update your existing membership to annual, between September 1, 2023 and October 1, 2023 and enjoy all the TRS22PE content and Trainz Plus features during your membership period. Existing annual members can simply renew your annual membership between September 1, 2023 and September 1, 2024 to qualify.
** Purchase TRS22PE and get a Trainz Plus Standard annual subscription completely free to use for an entire year. No sign up required! Offer valid until October 1, 2023

Hmm, well I won't be buying it until the flaws in Surveyor 2.0 are sorted out.
I have been using Surveyor since the first of the year. Once you get the hang of it you will never go back to the classic survey except for a couple of functions like bulk asset replace. It saves a lot of time in creating and editing routes. For me it is bug free, however it does have several small annoyances which I have found some work arounds.

I have been using Surveyor since the first of the year. Once you get the hang of it you will never go back to the classic survey except for a couple of functions like bulk asset replace. It saves a lot of time in creating and editing routes. For me it is bug free, however it does have several small annoyances which I have found some work arounds.
Hi Paul, I too have been using S2.0 since it was released with Trainz+ and yes I agree I never go back to Classic Surveyor now. However, I didn't say it had bugs I said flaws (inperfections) or as you have said annoyances.

For me these are:
1. Minimising a panel/palette to give more viewable area on screen doesn't work as it should. It leaves behind the docking area. So minimising achieves nothing.
2. Asset anchors are a little too small, also the dark grey colour makes the anchors difficult to see on certain terrain textures.
3. When an asset is placed and is lower than the ground level the blue Z axis anchor handle is no longer visible.
4. When an asset is selected it becomes highlighted. This is good, however it also then has a thick border around it so lining things up is a little more difficult if you want precision.
5. Asset list displays my picklists. This is good, however the most frequently used and/or last edited picklists are at the bottom of the palette.

Don't get me wrong there are many good points to Surveyor 2.0 but it does have flaws.

The ones I have listed above (along with others by other members) were identified to N3V back in December 2021/January 2022 and we were told by Tony Hilliam that these were just 'polish' and that there were other more important things to sort out first. Depends on your point of view, but to me the UI is a bit of a disaster. I haven't yet downloaded the latest HD patch so maybe it is possible they have fixed these issues, maybe other members or yourself could enlighten me.

So unless these issues have been sorted then I think I'm right in saying that N3V are selling a flawed Surveyor 2.0 in the Platinum Edition.

I have Trainz+ so will get any future updates.

Regards,

John

1. Minimising a panel/palette to give more viewable area on screen doesn't work as it should. It leaves behind the docking area. So minimising achieves nothing.
Ctrl-Space hides and restores the menus cleanly in the HD patch. Under the Display Menu this is listed as Show Interface which is toggled with a check mark.

Ctrl-Space hides and restores the menus cleanly in the HD patch. Under the Display Menu this is listed as Show Interface which is toggled with a check mark.
Finally!

The other issues still exist such as the ant-sized properties-selection icons that move to different locations every time an asset is selected making finding these things difficult.

I have TRS22 Plus with monthly subscription. How do I get TRS22 Platinum?
To be more precise, you upgrade your monthly subscription to an annual subscription before October 1, 2023 and you will get "forever" copy of TRS22PE. After that you can buy it.

Well, I started my TRS22 SP2 Standard Edition this morning and surprise it is now branded TRS22 Platinum Edition. I assume this is because at the moment my monthly subscription is active. I'm not quite sure how I feel about N3V hacking into my computer and forcing this change. After all this is NOT a copy of TRS22 that I have access to as part of my subscription, it is my "forever" copy that I use when I turn off my subscription. Now before Tony and Zec get all huffy, I understand that this is part of the plan to allow quick updates for purchasers but don't you think you should have made it public that updating TRS22 to SP2 was making it subject to my membership status as soon as you flipped a switch on your end?

Of course, I understand this is just a marketing scheme to entice users to sign up for a subscription to keep the new features working but the last time you did something like this was turning on MPS in TRS19 just before TRS22 was launched. But that left my Steam version of TRS19 SP5 permanently scarred with Main Menu displaying Routes - Purchased showing dozens of icons for MPS routes that I can't get rid of. There is an abandon route button but it doesn't remove the icon the way it does in TRS22 and Trainz plus. I can't use these MPS routes of course as TRS19 doesn't have multiplayersurveyor as the missing required resources dialog tells me.

Well, I started my TRS22 SP2 Standard Edition this morning and surprise it is now branded TRS22 Platinum Edition. I assume this is because at the moment my monthly subscription is active. I'm not quite sure how I feel about N3V hacking into my computer and forcing this change. After all this is NOT a copy of TRS22 that I have access to as part of my subscription, it is my "forever" copy that I use when I turn off my subscription. Now before Tony and Zec get all huffy, I understand that this is part of the plan to allow quick updates for purchasers but don't you think you should have made it public that updating TRS22 to SP2 was making it subject to my membership status as soon as you flipped a switch on your end?

Of course, I understand this is just a marketing scheme to entice users to sign up for a subscription to keep the new features working but the last time you did something like this was turning on MPS in TRS19 just before TRS22 was launched. But that left my Steam version of TRS19 SP5 permanently scarred with Main Menu displaying Routes - Purchased showing dozens of icons for MPS routes that I can't get rid of. There is an abandon route button but it doesn't remove the icon the way it does in TRS22 and Trainz plus. I can't use these MPS routes of course as TRS19 doesn't have multiplayersurveyor as the missing required resources dialog tells me.
If I may, you say they shouldn’t get huffy, yet accuse them of a very serious crime. Hacking is a crime. They didn’t hack your computer or your copy. The current deal with PE, is you buy PE you get a free years worth of plus standard. New subscribers or renewing subscribers you can now keep PE.

Your copy simply checked with the server, and updated its data to let you know your copy has more features. You can use S2.0 or not. Etc. This is simply another forever game that you can keep.

Your copy simply checked with the server, and updated its data to let you know your copy has more features. You can use S2.0 or not. Etc. This is simply another forever game that you can keep.
You can’t forever keep the ability to edit HD terrain without a subscription.

If I may, you say they shouldn’t get huffy, yet accuse them of a very serious crime. Hacking is a crime. They didn’t hack your computer or your copy. The current deal with PE, is you buy PE you get a free years worth of plus standard. New subscribers or renewing subscribers you can now keep PE.

Well, I call it hacking when I was tricked into installing an update (SP2) that converted my standalone version of TRS22 into a version that N3V can turn features on and off without my permission. To be clear, I did not buy that product known as TRS22PE. I don't want any software installed on my PC that the maker can modify how I use it without my permission. What else can they turn on or off? If subscriptions sales start to lag, do they turn off something else to push me towards a subscription?

There is also the question of what happens when I let my subscription lags in three weeks? I assume the install reverts back to TRS22 SP2 Standard Edition but as I pointed out they hosed my TRS19 install the last time they did the turn on a feature for a demo of MPS. When I drop the subscription, my Trainz Plus install refuses to authenticate with the server, will that happen with TRS22 as well. What kind of a mess will that cause if it does.

And Cookie, this does not support HD terrain, just Surveyor 2.0 in normal 5/10 meter grid mode. So I assume that if I create a route it will still work if I can ever get back my standalone version of TRS22.

Back