TRS22 Platinum with S20 confirmed?

My question was;
I have Trainz Plus Annual Subscription. It renews in December. The deal says I get Platinum when it renews. I would like to get Platinum now, but cant see a way to renew early. Anyone know how to renew early?

wreeder quoted this;
For existing annual members, when your annual membership ( automatically ) renews between September 1, 2023 and September 1, 2024 you will qualify for this promotion.

So today I checked Trainz Plus for updates and it had an update to 122411, but still says Trainz+. I have not had a chance to see whats in this update, but im guessing its the Platinum version. So from what wreeder quoted, I will get the Retail Platinum, Keep Forever version when my annual subsciption renews in December?

So today I checked Trainz Plus for updates and it had an update to 122411, but still says Trainz+.
If you have a Trainz+ subscription then the launcher screen main graphic will always show Trainz+, not TRS22, TRS22PE, TRS25, etc. But the title bar will show the latest current release version of Trainz which is, currently, Trainz Railroad Simulator 2022.

My question was;

wreeder quoted this;

So today I checked Trainz Plus for updates and it had an update to 122411, but still says Trainz+. I have not had a chance to see whats in this update, but im guessing its the Platinum version. So from what wreeder quoted, I will get the Retail Platinum, Keep Forever version when my annual subsciption renews in December?
That is correct. You need to have a separate install of TRS22 from your TP install. If your update stream is TRS22 Beta there will be a small patch to bring your to 122418. This apparently installs code that allows you username to activate the TRS22 PE features. Sorry, I have no idea about updates for TP, my current build of TP is 122777 with the TLR beta features.

Here is what your TRS22 install will look like:

As per the terms of the deal, yes, when you renew your TP subscription then your TRS22 which you may have downloaded as part of your subscription changes to a perpetual license.

As to branding, it is my understanding based upon what members of the N3V staff said at the time, that all during the time of TRS19 that the codebase for TP and TRS19 was the same. What features you saw were based upon your membership status. The branding also changed base upon your membership although it was often out of sync with with beta builds as branding was not considered of great important.

This practice continued with TRS22 early access release in December 2021. However, at some point N3V realized that this concept was confusing the users as TP and TRS22 had the same build numbers. This led to some users applying a TP patch to their copy of TRS22 and basically changing it to TP but with TRS22 branding. N3V quickly release a small patch to revert TRS22 back but not all users applied this patch. This is why some users think they have TRS22 Plus when they really just have two copies of TP with one having the TRS22 branding. TRS22 SP2 did not show any TP features even when my monthly membership was active. However, a small patch was available that when applied produced the screen above and now I have a somewhat limited version of Surveyor 2.0 (color layer effect is listed but does not work) and of course no support for HD terrain or TLR at this time.

Looks like I missed the train, then. NVM a year for now it will be going for £20 in a Steam sale and as I’m primarily doing model layouts at present, most of which end up binned anyway, it’s simply not worth £55 to make the change.

Dovetail have been a little tardy with the editor for TSW I believe, for what, four versions now? :)

Edit: I stand corrected, it seems it's coming with TSW4.

Last edited:
Dovetail have been a little tardy with the editor for TSW I believe, for what, four versions now? :)

Edit: I stand corrected, it seems it's coming with TSW4.
Yes looking forward to trying that, if I can get it to run on the laptop. Someone has posted on the DTG forum the difficulty level is on a par with the TSC editor. It apparently has built in support for LIDAR terrain data. With no disrespect to N3V, here we are with them wanting another £55 for TRS22 PE (maybe they should have called it TRS24!) which still doesn't support real world projection and native DEM or mapping input. TSW4 I believe will also give access to the full timetable creation tool so you can set up and entire 24 hour timetable with allocated resources, if you have the time and staying power.

Yes looking forward to trying that, if I can get it to run on the laptop. Someone has posted on the DTG forum the difficulty level is on a par with the TSC editor. It apparently has built in support for LIDAR terrain data. With no disrespect to N3V, here we are with them wanting another £55 for TRS22 PE (maybe they should have called it TRS24!) which still doesn't support real world projection and native DEM or mapping input. TSW4 I believe will also give access to the full timetable creation tool so you can set up and entire 24 hour timetable with allocated resources, if you have the time and staying power.
No subscription required! and DEFRA apears to have a portal to dowload data ;)

Last edited:
I still don't understand why current TRS22 owners get no discount. I pre-ordered TRS22 I believe a few days after it got announced, so I am very much an early adopter. So I really don't get why we don't get a discount for, like, half off or something? Whatever, I might buy TRS22PE when the next version of Trainz comes out and stick with it until the next Platinum version arrives. No point now in buying the latest version as a preorder or at launch when a Platinum Edition is coming out a year later for the same price

I still don't understand why current TRS22 owners get no discount. I pre-ordered TRS22 I believe a few days after it got announced, so I am very much an early adopter. So I really don't get why we don't get a discount for, like, half off or something? Whatever, I might buy TRS22PE when the next version of Trainz comes out and stick with it until the next Platinum version arrives. No point now in buying the latest version as a preorder or at launch when a Platinum Edition is coming out a year later for the same price
Cash grab is perhaps rather harsh but is the thought that mainly comes to mind. It certainly compares very unfavourably to TSW4 where DTG have applied discounts both for preordering and being an existing owner of TSW3. That means the Deluxe version with three new long routes, plus the Vectron and Flying Scotsman come in at only £8 more than one route DLC selling price.

Well as I said 22PE can wait until it drops below £20 on Steam, unless N3V relent and give those of us who already bought 22 a meaningful discount.

I understand what you are saying and if you paid full price for TRS22 then I agree. I, on the other hand, took part in the buy an annual subscription and get TRS22 free deal so I look at it as I got TRS22 for $35 and got a year long FTC for $35 and the subscription for free. So I am not so bothered by the lack of discount. Now do I convert my now monthy subscription to an annual to get the same deal with TRS22 PE? I've only activated my subscription for three months this year. To be truthful, most TP beta builds are crap. Not optimized so the performance is awful. The quarterly retail builds (give or take a few months) are usable but I fine myself not really using TP very much. So waiting like Vern seems very sensible.

I understand what you are saying and if you paid full price for TRS22 then I agree. I, on the other hand, took part in the buy an annual subscription and get TRS22 free deal so I look at it as I got TRS22 for $35 and got a year long FTC for $35 and the subscription for free. So I am not so bothered by the lack of discount. Now do I convert my now monthy subscription to an annual to get the same deal with TRS22 PE? I've only activated my subscription for three months this year. To be truthful, most TP beta builds are crap. Not optimized so the performance is awful. The quarterly retail builds (give or take a few months) are usable but I fine myself not really using TP very much. So waiting like Vern seems very sensible.

From what I understand if you upgrade to Annual then you get the Platinum keep it forever version now. I am already on Annual so I have to wait until December, when my subsciption renews to get the forever version.

From what you said above, at one point you subscribed to the Annual, but are currently Monthly? Then you would be eligible right now?

From what I understand if you upgrade to Annual then you get the Platinum keep it forever version now. I am already on Annual so I have to wait until December, when my subsciption renews to get the forever version.

From what you said above, at one point you subscribed to the Annual, but are currently Monthly? Then you would be eligible right now?
You might check with Customer Support. Most systems let you renew anytime, you don't have to wait till expiration. When you renew it doesn't start from renewal date it simply adds on to current expiration date. Hope that makes senses. Of course, by the time your current sub expires there might be a new or better option available so it might be wiser to wait to renew. One just never knows.

Interesting, I was looking in MyTrainz/Product Downloads to see about getting the full installer for TRS22 when I saw TRS22PE 122418. So the Platinum edition is available without any extra cost if you already have Trainz Plus. Since I now like to work in S2.0 but not yet with HD terrain, PE will be my go to version for now.

Last edited:

Only if I switch to annual before October 1.

Interesting, I was looking in MyTrainz/Product Downloads to see about getting the full installer for TRS22 when I saw TRS22PE 122418. So the Platinum edition is available without any extra cost if you already have Trainz Plus. Since I now like to work in S2.0 but not yet with HD terrain, PE will be my got to version for now.
Yep, and when you renew it changes to a permanent license.

I have Trainz Plus Annual Subscription. It renews in December. The deal says I get Platinum when it renews. I would like to get Platinum now, but cant see a way to renew early. Anyone know how to renew early?
check your MyTrainz page, on the Product Downloads page / TRS22. Do you also have
Full Installer
Download size: 9.9GB
Build: 122418
That's the Platinum Edition

Before the renewal of the subscription you might get the Platinum Edition program, but you don't get access to the additional DLCs.

Peter

SO do I understand this right my renew for trainz Plus is December 2023 so it Says Sept 2023 to Sept 2024 we will get the upgrade option on renew so I should wait till then?

Tom

Back