TRS2019 and ECML

sterrett

Remember the Withered Arm
I must be alone, but I have tried everything I possibly can and still cannot access the latest version of ECML. I managed to run ECML before by deleting it and reinstalling the stuff I had in T-ANE, but of course that was the old version. If I let the updater run, then it would overwrite the old stuff and I would be left with only blue sky when I open the route.

With this latest update of TRS2019, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled from scratch allowing the updates to the latest version. Everything works - except for ECML and the ECML Edinburgh to Dundee (I was really looking forward to this one) which has reverted back to Blue Sky! I cannot help thinking that maybe N3V's computer system isn't allowing me to have access for some reason - maybe my records have become corrupted?

Should I raise a ticket for this or is there another workaround I can try please?

Thanks Tony. I have uninstalled TRS2019, uninstalled T-ANE and now I'm deleting the Database Files. I will restart my computer and reinstall from scratch. (I have used Content Manager to "Export the cdp files" of my favourite content to save having to download it all again from scratch.) I'll keep you posted. ;)

For those who find this thread at a later date, some comments:

1. I have uninstalled TRS2019
>> The base program is most likely to work or not work. If it works, reinstalling probably isn;t going to change anything.

2. Updating your version to the latest version is likely to help things. Installing the latest content with an older build can often mean missing out on new content that is expected to be installed. Only the latest version is supported.

uninstalled T-ANE and now I'm deleting the Database Files.
>> TRS19 and TANE are different applications so TANE won't affect TRS19 or vice versa (unless you manually try to point each build at the same local data folder which would be bad - i.e. just don't attempt it)

4. When importing content from one version to another, follow this guide:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Importing_Content

I hope this information helps.

Thanks Tony. I have tried on several occasions to Download the "Payware" but on each occasion, both the ECML Edinburgh to Kings Cross and Edinburgh-Dundee are blipping out half way through the download and show in red on the list. The other Routes, the "sc" files and the Duchess and Coronations are fine. The Settle and Carlisle has downloaded almost okay but two sessions are greyed out indicating that part of the download failed.

This may be a problem with our internet provider.

Yes - there is a known issue of you're on a slow/flaky network connection. (I have access to one of these in the test lab).

The trick is this to avoid the red "failed" download:
- prior to the "Part x" completing the download, select it and click Stop.
- the closer you do this to the end of the download the better.
- then click Download to set it going again and it will complete the download and install just fine.

I expect I'm just going to have to give up until N3V's holiday is over. I have uninstalled, re-installed and done everything I need to do but neither ECML route shows up. They are just "grey" on the Route Menu and if I open them (either Route or Sessions) I just see blue sky.

In Content Manager they both show as Fully Installed with no Faults and no Faulty Dependencies. If I select "Download Purchased Items", neither ECML shows up in the list of available items. I have Rebuilt the Database several times. I have also tried removing my Username and Password and forcing a new download that way to no avail. Any ideas please?

It's not spoiling things as there are plenty of other routes I can "play" with and a new route I'm working on in Surveyor but I would like to see the ECML back again one day!

Next thing I would try is creating a new local data folder and installing into that.

Thanks for the suggestion Tony, and for all your earlier help!
Hope you have a very Happy Christmas!

Back