If Trainz 22 plus crashes I find that I have to then update some of my routes.

FlashGordon

Sometimes when I have a CTD or other crash error I then have to update some routes as they seem to lose some assets. Does not happen all the time however. Also sometimes after doing a database refresh this occurs. Always the same routes mainly. Time consuming and frustrating to have to peform the updates each time.
Main routes that require update each time are:
Canadian Rockies - Columbia River Basin
Canadian Rockies - Golden BC
Canadian Rockies - Rogers Pass
Coal Country
and
ECML Edinburgh - Dundee.
At diffrent times there may be additional routes as well.
It appears to me to be that the database gets corrupted somehow.
I have tried moving all data to a new drive but still occurs.
I had this happen under TRS19 as well.

What indicates that you have lost assets or that the route needs updating? Are you getting a message? Are you doing something in CM? What are the exact steps you use when restarting after a crash?

After a crash, when reloading the route you are presented two options: reverting will ensure recent changes are discarded, while "Use changes" will include recent changes, but does risk problems should something be corrupted during the crash.

It's always best to use Save As when in doubt.

There is more info here: https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/Help:Restoring_Content

Note that if you're sharing your local data folder between different builds, problems are likely.

Crash and asset loss.

Sometimes when I have a CTD or other crash error I then have to update some routes as they seem to lose some assets. Does not happen all the time however. Also sometimes after doing a database refresh this occurs. Always the same routes mainly. Time consuming and frustrating to have to peform the updates each time.
Main routes that require update each time are:
Canadian Rockies - Columbia River Basin
Canadian Rockies - Golden BC
Canadian Rockies - Rogers Pass
Coal Country
and
ECML Edinburgh - Dundee.
At diffrent times there may be additional routes as well.
It appears to me to be that the database gets corrupted somehow.
I have tried moving all data to a new drive but still occurs.
I had this happen under TRS19 as well.

The game usually completely exits. On restart a database repair starts and then I find I have missing assets. I use the "Content Store" on restart and there that shows that I need the updates. Not using a shared data drive.

Sounds to me like you're jumping the gun and checking before everything has had time to update. The status will change as the db repair continues.

After a crash, if there is a db repair, allow the db repair to complete, edit the route, choose to revert or use changes, see what happens.

If there is no repair, in theory, you can just load the route and all should be fine.

If you have a reproducible case and can demonstrate before and after screenshots of assets that went missing, we can investigate further.

The point here is that the assets are in a Windows folder, and the db reads the data from the folder. The crash doesn't touch the folders, and the db repair, in theory, reads all the data from the exact locations it was before the crash.

TS22 crash and loss of assets

Sounds to me like you're jumping the gun and checking before everything has had time to update. The status will change as the db repair continues.

After a crash, if there is a db repair, allow the db repair to complete, edit the route, choose to revert or use changes, see what happens.

If there is no repair, in theory, you can just load the route and all should be fine.

If you have a reproducible case and can demonstrate before and after screenshots of assets that went missing, we can investigate further.

The point here is that the assets are in a Windows folder, and the db reads the data from the folder. The crash doesn't touch the folders, and the db repair, in theory, reads all the data from the exact locations it was before the crash.

I do allow the database repairs to complete before doing anything else. When completed then I check the "content store". As to be able to reproduce the problem it only occurs infrequently but next time I will try and capture the whole process.

Back