TrenbirinikV2_2004 route on DLS

b9k9kiwi

I have downloaded this route - very big download that took two days to complete.

This is a route that is itemised on the DLS as a locomotive, which has no description and a thumbnail is not a screenshot but some painting or etching of a train (one presumes of the region represented by the route).

The route is SG, highly detailed (somewhat over detailed for my tastes) and, it would seem, prototypical - but it has over 140 missing assets not available on the DLS.

Pretty ridiculous in my view.

I have deleted it.

Thanks for your point of view" pretty ridiculous"!!
Perhaps can you contact me before having this sort of commentary. This map is my real country in France, one year working to retrieve the olds ways of a train in the old time.If some assets are missing, you can obtain most of them on my site. For the classification, it's a mystake from Auran. I've uploaded this map via the CMP. Only 140 assets missing on more of 2500 , I think it is not so bad? and it is my fun to do this map. If you don't agree with this experience OK but your words are not funny.
Sorry for my english:confused:
And you, what have you done for trainz to be a judge?

Last edited:
I don't ask anything for some one. I give my map to any person which want to play with, and I've done with all the creations I've founded. I have no tool to say to me it is or it isn't on dls. Is it too difficult to find somethink? I ever answer to anybody who has asked a help to me.Sorry if my map is so...bad:(

Mike and b9k9kiwi,

IMHO, you are being quite unfair to the DS contributors. You are asking too much from them. I think the deal on freeware assets is very easy: Take it or leave it!

Unasked criticism on the assets on the DS -or elsewhere-, all of them made with love and dedication for all the community, gratis et amore, is unkind and not very respectful. Please, let's not mix freedom of speech with this. Nothing to do, IMHO.

-(Now that old story about assets on layouts, bumped again and again)- Whining and nagging at creators for missing assets on layouts is rather selfish and helps little to foster the creation of new layouts for everybody to enjoy free urbi et orbe. Moreover, when layout creators are always lending a helping hand to get all of them.

Please, let's think about all this twice before being unkind to trainzers who give away their skills for free. I think that complaining for having to find 140 missing assets is overreacting and some kind of lazy attitude if we consider the effort put forward by the creator of that little treasure. If you want to be positive, just contact the creator and be sure that you'll complete the route in a wink. ;)

All my support and respect to Jean Pierre, a dedicated French creator.

Take care, all of you.

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Alberte, That give some energy to continue and make better.:)I thanks any construtive critic for doing better than I could, but I think that ridiculous isn't constructive. If someone says to me it's too difficult to play with my map because,something is wrong on it, that's OK.And many thanks to you, Alberte for all you've done for the community

Last edited:
I pretty much gave up downloading routes a long time ago.

It doesn't matter how well crafted a route is, if it uses a lot of content from the four corners of the Internet that may not be there next time you look, then most people will delete it rather than waste their time tracking it all down.

My advice when building a route would be one of the following:

A:: If you see a piece of content that you like the look of, make sure it's on the DS before you use it, and if not, ask the author to upload it. If they won't, then find something else to use.

B:: Build all your own content for your route, and distribute it all with the route or upload it all to the DS.

C:: Use only Built-in content.

The way I see it is that if you are making it for yourself, then there's no reason to worry about what content you use, as you already have what you're using. :)
But if you release the route, then it's probably because you want to share your creation, but by using all this "almost impossible to find" content, you're really not sharing it at all, because most people won't see it as you mean them to, if at all.

My opinion on the subject, like it or not.

Smiley.

Hi,

Well it takes alot of time to build routes. And also if all is on DLS it doesn,t mean its afther a year still on DLS. I know peeps that removed content from DLS(German). Also you can delete the missing assets for a route and fix them for your own. I mean come on this route is for free and have some respect for the maker. If we keep on like that then in the future no one will ever release something for free anymore. I fully agree with Alberte. Also take some patience to find the assets(google). Trainz is a hobby to share. :wave:
Also a tip. When you find some content that is not on DLS. Burn it on a cd and make a database for the outside content. I think alot of route builders use the same outside contont from Russia as an example so you can use it also for future. And ofcourse there is alot of outside content that is great. So searching for outside content is also a kind of a hobby that is a part of trainz

Last edited:
I'm afraid, guys, that regardless of what we might say here, the deal keeps being "take it or leave it", life "as is".

:hehe: I'm not a preacher and spreading the truth is not my business. ;) Thus, everybody should use what they do like (not the others' liking) on their routes, released or unreleased ones -cloning the world is free-.

Many of us will keep using the best of the best assets, wherever they are released (in Trainz hell too, if given the ocassion and need :hehe:); we don't want to miss anything and not always the best is at the DS, and many of us will keep support those (many or a few, never mind) who are interested in our humble creations and routes, giving whereabouts of all of them. Narrow trainzy life to the DS is not sensible at all (-there are other magical places on trainzy Earth-). All of this said by a true supporter of the DS like me. :p

But this is an old story over here that I don't want to bump again. Let it rest in peace. ;)

Take care, guys, whatever your opinion is.

Alberte :wave:

Last edited:
It's the best to have all the assets on dls, but not all the marvellous assets created by some of us . Why restrickly must we use only the assets on dls?I upload all my creations on dls, and it's a big job because in France, DLS doesn't run very well.For example six of them are on waiting status for a week! Tou are free to have any opinion you want, but a little respect is good for everyone, and that's not on dls. Just give us anythink else better for the job that the creators do to give you and to give to trainz the interest that I, and you can find in it.And many persons who have tried my map have sended me a mail to have the missing assets ,I have answered all mails with the missing assets. The creators are free to do what they want and you are free to do with their creations what you want. It's not a job, and the perfection is not in the world:)So I will continue to use the dls as Iwant, I've paid my auran's contribution for that, and trainz is a game, only a game

Back