Trainz Multiplayer comeing soon!!!@@@

aske2000

Trainz Multiplayer Hots Up!

You've already let us know how much you dig Trainz Multiplayer! Over 15,000 players registered their TS 2010 serials by the deadline of January 10 so as not to miss out on getting access to the Open Beta.

Speaking of which, the open beta is coming this month and here are few more details to whet your appetite for what is the biggest event in Trainz' 10 year history!

Trainz Multiplayer Open Beta Launch Features:
Play with Trainz enthusiasts from all across the world.
All features of single player driver are included like picking up passengers or transport freight, work in a yard and building consists.
2 free play maps.
1 co-operative session (to be released shortly after launch).
Besides these great launch features we'll also be adding new features as we go and best of all we are looking forward to hearing your feedback and ideas about how we can improve the game.

So register on our forums, join us on Facebook and Twitter and be a part of Trainz history!

Why?

I admit there is some potential in Trainz multiplayer, multiple people driving on the same route dispatchers issuing order etc., but most likely the whole thing is going to go up in smoke as little children get together to crash train(z). And besides it is just an excuse to issue yet another version of Trainz. Trainz 2011 featuring crummy multiplayer and nothing else new...

Multiplayer doesn't look like something I'd use and I like to run my gaming machine offline for security and performance reasons. But, there seems to be significant demand for this feature and I would say it's probably the most important next step in Trainz' evolution.

I admit there is some potential in Trainz multiplayer, multiple people driving on the same route dispatchers issuing order etc., but most likely the whole thing is going to go up in smoke as little children get together to crash train(z). And besides it is just an excuse to issue yet another version of Trainz. Trainz 2011 featuring crummy multiplayer and nothing else new...

This occured to me too. There are some sims/games that are suited to multiplayer. But Trainz doesn't appear to be one of them. I don't see myself making use of it. And how does people registering their TS2010 show that they want multiplayer? When I get mine I'll register it, whether multiplayer is offered or not. And I'd much rather see the ongoing problems that are still plaguing this series fixed before they start offering new stuff that needs fixing.

Ibut most likely the whole thing is going to go up in smoke as little children get together to crash train(z).

This won't be the case if N3V/Auran (or whatever the heck it is now) allows us to create individual rooms to run in. Much like the way it is on modern gaming systems such as the Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii. There would be a room created by a seasoned member of the community, where they could run trains prototypically with other mature members, and then there could be a younger kids room where trains can go flying off of skyscrapers.

And that isn't me saying that little kids don't know how to operate trains, either.

Steve

This won't be the case if N3V/Auran (or whatever the heck it is now) allows us to create individual rooms to run in. Much like the way it is on modern gaming systems such as the Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii. There would be a room created by a seasoned member of the community, where they could run trains prototypically with other mature members, and then there could be a younger kids room where trains can go flying off of skyscrapers.

And that isn't me saying that little kids don't know how to operate trains, either.

Steve

This doesn't mean that these are necessiarly kids either.

I'll wait and see what comes of this.

I agree that Auran/N3V should fix the underlying problems first before coming out with this. This year should be a best program ever. Let's fix the bugs and make everyone happy rather than yet another add-on.

John

Trainz Multiplayer Hots Up!

You've already let us know how much you dig Trainz Multiplayer! Over 15,000 players registered their TS 2010 serials by the deadline of January 10 so as not to miss out on getting access to the Open Beta.

Speaking of which, the open beta is coming this month and here are few more details to whet your appetite for what is the biggest event in Trainz' 10 year history!

Trainz Multiplayer Open Beta Launch Features:
Play with Trainz enthusiasts from all across the world.
All features of single player driver are included like picking up passengers or transport freight, work in a yard and building consists.
2 free play maps.
1 co-operative session (to be released shortly after launch).
Besides these great launch features we'll also be adding new features as we go and best of all we are looking forward to hearing your feedback and ideas about how we can improve the game.

So register on our forums, join us on Facebook and Twitter and be a part of Trainz history!

Just a quick question.

How will you be playing Multiplayer?

You do not seem to have TS2010.

Or, are you just posting information about the MP Beta?

Have fun,

Last edited:
How will you be playing Multiplayer?
Just the same like offline, but some players will drive their trains and see each other. In addition, one or two payers will switch juctions, like dispatchers.

In final version it should be introduced a possibility to play at an own route (2-3 default maps is too few), and possibility to set up an own server.

Back