The Burnmouth & Union Railroad (Warning: Large Pics)

Yeah, I know. I tried it a couple times, and I don't know why it does that. I have tried other 2012 routes to 2010 and they work fine, but this one. Oooooooooooooo.....

We're the others with the latest patch?:eek:

Swyaer, as far as I can tell all your missing from that screenshot is JRs track and Ballast... hang on... Where did that switch tower come from!?:hehe: that goes either back by the station or in the forest... there should be a workmans hut there... did all Ben Dorsey's building stay in place? I have a theory that it may be because the buildings are built into 2012 that they move everywhere...

Cheers
Stevo

Yeah, my goal was to more or less get everything out of the "pile" and get it staged. In all honesty I kinda cheated and used shots of the real Franklin and South Manchester (F&SM, George Sellios' layout) to cobble some stuff together. I'm still working on the roundhouse. As for the missing dependencies, A lot seem to be from you and your brother (I'm assuming that's the rolling stock...I can live with that being AWOL) a couple are from a European site that I can't seem to track down.

as for your questions, Ben's stuff is all over the place. I'm also apparently missing all the trees, as There's no forest on my version of the route. I'll get back on it tommorrow of friday...By the end of last night I was starting to get highly annoyed at Surveyor (It wanted to hang up for ever when i tried to save...yeah, It was about to get ventilated:eek:)

Urgh, don't worry too much about it. When everyone gets the next version of trainz it will stay down :hehe: Incidentally, why do so many people refuse to buy a copy of the latest versions but rather stay down with the older ones?

Stevo

Personally, TS2010 is all I could ever want. Yeah, the Mojave route and the Y6b are great, but I have no use for Multiplayer (I have a hard enough time with AI, you expect me to deal with REAL idiots hogging my mainline?:hehe: :eek:) and really, I honestly think the compatibility mode feature of TS2010 makes it more flexible. Yes, at some point, I'll probably upgrade, but for now, Tume's Electrics and I need to get to know each other better:p

2012 removes most of the old content that 2010 kept from previous versions, thus it runs alot smoother. You don't have to play MP and you can always import your favourite old routes. The only problem is if there is a singal error the asset will not work at all unless you fix it...

Stevo

I Agree With Getting Back On Subject
I Wanna See More Screenshots
To Be Honest, I Am Supprised To See The Screenshots You Have Posted On This Damn School Computer:p
I Mean Serously
The Server Blocks Out Imageshack
So, It Is Hard To Post
There Are Verry Strict Limitations
I Can't Send Emails Without Being Signed In As A Teacher
But I Can Check It
Which Is Always Fun To See You Have An Email And Not Be Able To Reply:hehe:
And Another Thing Is That YouTube Is Blocked So I Can't Watch Videos To Pass The Time
I Gotta Bring A Book
Which Is Not All Bad
I Get To Read About Presidant Roosevelt, My Favorite Presidant Of The USofA
But That Get's Old
Someone Also Took My 20-Year-Old Radio
It Was A Little Dingey Thingey, But Still, COME ON!:(
So Now I Am Stuck With A CD Player And A Steve Miller CD
Oh Well
"Go On. Take The Money And Run"
lol
Song Stuck In Head

Well Enough Of My Random Spamming And Ranting
Can We See Some More Screenshots?
-Taylor

Here, this should shut you up for a while :p

timothetoolman201201130.jpg

Cheers
Stevo

Okay, time for a TS2010-Backdating Update (That sounds like a double negative, doesn't it?:confused:)

Basically the east end of the route is done...minus textures. I'm contemplating kicking it back to stmsoccer or somebody for that part, as my texturing skills are definitely lacking, and I'd rather not screw up a beautiful work of art. Part of the problem is I had to delete all the missing assets to get the darn thing to run right...IE save and not lock up the game whilst doing it.

Okay, Enough Ranting. Until we (read "I") can get our ("my") grubby mitts on that track and tunnel he's using from simulatortrain (Not released yet, DON'T START) I swapped everything out for some stuff I found on a eastern european site that looks pretty amzing...if you ask me. Also, I single-tracked both the tunnels: at least one will probably revert back to single track once I get the right assets.

Also, I threw in a bit of artistic liscense (sorry stevo) and turned the northern bridge into a gauntlet bridge. I found I had one from bendorsey while trolling in surveyor (yeah, forgot I DL'ed it...do I have a problem or what?). Actually, I think it turned out kinda neat.

Okay, anyway, on to the pics:

sawyer811201201140000.jpg

forgive the switch arrow and the pick list. I shot this in surveyor.

sawyer811201201140002.jpg

another surveyor shot showing what's been done. I highly doubt everything's in the same place Stevo so meticulously placed it...but I have to hold on to what little sanity I have left.:eek: :hehe:

sawyer811201201140005.jpg

Couldn't resist mucking around a bit, so I stuck lilb's GS-4 on the route and took this.

sawyer811201201140007.jpg

testing the new bridge.

sawyer811201201140008.jpg

testing the re-aligned junction.

Back