SP1 problem

KenGreen

Every time I start Trainz it starts to download Murchison 2 but every time it finishes it reports that everything is okay.

Ken

Got the same problem, automatically downloads then installs, says everything ok But then a another message pops up and says it failed.
At over a gig everytime to download this is a big waste of data and time.

:confused:

Got the same problem, automatically downloads then installs, says everything ok But then a another message pops up and says it failed.
At over a gig everytime to download this is a big waste of data and time.

:confused:

There are two parts for Murchison that download simultaneously. The windows stack on top of each other, so one is typically hidden. Move the top window to the side, so you can see them both. In my case, part 1 was downloading and installing correctly, but part two was failing the install. The next time I loaded Trainz, they both started to download again. I canceled part 1 (since that had already installed correctly) and let part two complete. That time, part two installed correctly. The same may work for you as well.

Curtis

Ok finally got Murchison installed, after several failed attempts i noticed Murchison was showing green in my routes list, with no sessions, so i deleted the route shut everything down and restarted Trainz.

Again it started to download both files, so i let it run and when it had finished it worked. So maybe for some unknown reason it might have thought it was already installed with in the game, would have thought the patch would have overwritten it but it might have got confused as it was showing as green which is player made, which is odd since i never altered the map. Anyway if all else fails anyone who had the same problem could try this method.

To everyone who helped with suggestions thank you so much, it is great to see so many people willing to help here.:)

rail

Maybe a silly question, as I have not installed the update yet, but has the Murchison content actually changed/updated, or is it safe to just re-install the original files I bought and downloaded before? In other words, MUST I re-download the Murchison, and other TS12 DLC add-ons, after the Patch, or can I just re-install the old TS12 DLC content afterwards?

Murchison still keeps trying to install. My PC has been on since Friday night and I think It's on th 8th time at downloading. I know all is not well for when I try the helicopter ride after about 2 or 3 minutes the helicopter derails and sinks to the bottom of the river.

Ken

For any one that has got Murchison 2 working correctly, and you find that it is still trying to download, you can stop it from doing so by turning it off from the settings tab in the start menu and go to the general tab and un-tick the box to download the add-on's.

PS please make sure you make a copy of your favourite trainz game before you attempt to install sp1.

Last edited:
For any one that has got Murchison 2 working correctly, and you find that it is still trying to download, you can stop it from doing so by turning it off from the settings tab in the start menu and go to the general tab and un-tick the box to download the add-on's.

PS please make sure you make a copy of your favourite trainz game before you attempt to install sp1.

The problem is I'm not sure if it is working correctly. The download for both parts has aborted twice today reporting a disconnection to the server.
Will still keep trying to download until the Exploring sessions work okay.

Ken

May be something you've already considered bu I found a couple of database rebuilds not only made Murchison work but also stopped SP1 from trying to re-download it.

Back