Show off your reskins!

Nice looking hoppers. I would suggest alittle more weathering on the undersides as thts where most mud nd dust collects. But over all nice job

Only problem I can see is that you rusted aluminum cars. It's possible some of the black-painted cars are steel, but definitely not these, they would be entirely covered in rust if they were unpainted like this.

Are you all getting sick of me yet? I know I am...

be1c034c3a30ef5ba38969281577c678.png

Surprise! More Caltrain! :confused: Ignore the fact that the front half looks like it caught fire... WIP for sure, not even close to done.

cheers

Nice looking hoppers. I would suggest alittle more weathering on the undersides as thts where most mud nd dust collects. But over all nice job

Only problem I can see is that you rusted aluminum cars. It's possible some of the black-painted cars are steel, but definitely not these, they would be entirely covered in rust if they were unpainted like this.

Really appreciate the feedback. Weird thing with the hoppers, from the photos I've seen some of them are actually pretty clean, at least from what I've seen.

And the underside just had a bit of odd mapping, split around the middle, made it a bit hard to add some rust without there being an obvious line where it split.

Added some weathering, changed around some colors, and did what I could to the bottom to get it weathered appropriately. Hopefully it looks better than before!

0823fbf5c0505ed8b157229453f38d99.jpg

Are you all getting sick of me yet? I know I am...

*removed pic*

Surprise! More Caltrain! :confused: Ignore the fact that the front half looks like it caught fire... WIP for sure, not even close to done.

cheers

I agree with the others, definitely not sick of the caltrain skins! Love it!

watemple_20140806_0000_zpsf4cb40db.jpg
Whipped this up in half an hour. Brighter yellow, Wing logo, and shield under side windows

Last edited:
13c75d6565477524459c1e9320fd729d.png

9720e4185115493d2ddc30eeb135836b.png

Whipped this up in a few minutes time... They'll feel right at home in an early BNSF consist!

Last edited:
UPbigboy_20140806_0175GIMP_zps4fa896a3.jpg~original

Re-skinning back close to home. Anyone wanna' guess what road?

-Dave

Really appreciate the feedback. Weird thing with the hoppers, from the photos I've seen some of them are actually pretty clean, at least from what I've seen.

And the underside just had a bit of odd mapping, split around the middle, made it a bit hard to add some rust without there being an obvious line where it split.

Added some weathering, changed around some colors, and did what I could to the bottom to get it weathered appropriately. Hopefully it looks better than before!

If I'm not mistaken the CSX cars you're basing those on are not true aluminum constructed Bethgons. They are ,instead, bathtub rebuilds from old hoppers, similar to the NS Top Gon, or a steel design based on the Bethgon painted grey. That would explain the rust spotting and such. Conrail did something similar because eastern coal is more corrosive than the stuff out west and has a tendency to eat up aluminum cars over time. Pretty sure the ex-Conrail cars are mostly long gone, but I've seen a few here and there on NS trains.

Example of a steel CSX bathtub gondola: http://www.jeffstrainsite.com/railfan_pics/Class_One/CSX/coalporter/csx_coalporter_392691.jpg

Back