Show off your reskins!

PerRock_20140807_0004.jpg~original

PerRock_20140807_0001.jpg~original

peter

Expanding my HLCX roster. I now have an entire 2 units! I have SD40M-3 6080, which has been around for a while, and my latest reskin, HLCX SD40-2 6258, seen here breaking in on my New Castle Northern model rr. The 6258 is an ex KCS unit, and I've tried to replicate it as closely as I could (obviously not as well as others could've done, but I'm me and there are in fact limits to my capabilities). The unit was very clean in all 2 of the prototype pictures I've seen, so I have left it as such until I can see some pics of it dirty.

Nice shots all!

Now that things are starting to wrap up with Caltrain Skins (I am running out of things that need to be made), I am starting to work to make sure colors are as consistent between the models as the prototypes.... MoW Caltrain equipment is all that remains to be started, so I am doing a fair amount of research to get the just of their rag-tag fleet. Geeps and MP15s are a few days out from being finished and given a light coat of weathering. Please ignore the digits I have not removed from the Geep unit yet :eek:.

Note: Credit for the initial reskin of the MP15 should be given to btvfd, it is his Caltrain reskin that I started my work off of by tweaking colors and logo placement (eventually a bit more too). So I give him thanks for his work and effort put into this model skin! :D

000474d9045d680df501b8c12fad103c.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
Nice shots all!

Now that things are starting to wrap up with Caltrain Skins (I am running out of things that need to be made), I am starting to work to make sure colors are as consistent between the models as the prototypes.... MoW Caltrain equipment is all that remains to be started, so I am doing a fair amount of research to get the just of their rag-tag fleet. Geeps and MP15s are a few days out from being finished and given a light coat of weathering. Please ignore the digits I have not removed from the Geep unit yet :eek:.

Note: Credit for the initial reskin of the MP15 should be given to btvfd, it is his Caltrain reskin that I started my work off of by tweaking colors and logo placement (eventually a bit more too). So I give him thanks for his work and effort put into this model skin! :D

000474d9045d680df501b8c12fad103c.jpg

cheers

You are most welcome. I am looking forward to your releases.
:)

Whipped up an entire passenger train (minus some sort of observation type car, haven't really decided what to do there yet, that is why there is a brown car peeking in on the end of the train, it's a stand in).

14720113999_838d09177e_b.jpg

14720198367_31c736720e_b.jpg

14720199147_5f03b895c8_b.jpg

14906418352_7283d39623_b.jpg

14720170838_8199ccbec9_b.jpg

Whipped up an entire passenger train (minus some sort of observation type car, haven't really decided what to do there yet, that is why there is a brown car peeking in on the end of the train, it's a stand in).

14720113999_838d09177e_b.jpg

14720198367_31c736720e_b.jpg

14720199147_5f03b895c8_b.jpg

14906418352_7283d39623_b.jpg

14720170838_8199ccbec9_b.jpg

I really like that train. However, I've got a few questions:
1. What's 'BLAUER ENZIAN'?
2. Are all the cars lettered 'PULLMAN' sleeper cars?
3. If the cars lettered 'PULLMAN' sleeper cars, 'real-world' railroads would do head end cars (i.e. baggage Railway Post Office (RPO), etc.), followed by coaches, then dining car, the sleepers, then an observation car.

I really like that train. However, I've got a few questions:
1. What's 'BLAUER ENZIAN'?
2. Are all the cars lettered 'PULLMAN' sleeper cars?
3. If the cars lettered 'PULLMAN' sleeper cars, 'real-world' railroads would do head end cars (i.e. baggage Railway Post Office (RPO), etc.), followed by coaches, then dining car, the sleepers, then an observation car.
Here is what I found. Credits from Wikipedia. "The Blauer Enzian was an express train introduced in 1951 that linked northern Germany with Munich, Germany. After 1969 it also linked with Austria. It was operated by the Deutsche Bundesbahn / Deutsche Bahn (DB), and from 1970 also by the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB).The train was named after the mountain flower Blue Gentian (blau, German for blue, and Enziane, the German vernacular for Gentiana, species Gentiana verna; German: Frühlings-Enzian).[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP] The train's classification and formation (consist) varied over time. It ceased to be a named train in 2002."

Essentially what I did was take the name from the German train, and created a fictional American train with some actual elements thrown in. All of the cars lettered for pullman are sleepers. I am also aware of the fact that the consist of the train isn't entirely prototypical, but then again this isn't a prototypical train.

Essentially what I did was take the name from the German train, and created a fictional American train with some actual elements thrown in. All of the cars lettered for pullman are sleepers. I am also aware of the fact that the consist of the train isn't entirely prototypical, but then again this isn't a prototypical train.

If I'm correct I think Pullman did parlor cars like that too. I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure they did.

EDIT: It appears they did:
galesburg4.jpg

Back