Possible new computer in very near future

I guess you're incapable of civil debate, you get hoisted on your own petard and your only recourse is to resort to juvenile tactics.

I think I remember saying something about 15-year-olds:hehe:

But this method of discussion should be very familiar to you.

Monkey see, monkey do ….

Let me guess, you acquired so many fans from the article I published about you that you are trying to goad me into to writing a sequel... Right?:hehe:

Seems like you’ve acquired more than a few fans in the other areas of this web site, lol.

So much that you’re on everyone ignore or chit list.

Seems like you’ve acquired more than a few fans in the other areas of this web site, lol.

Even if he is, your in the same boat... or a separate one that just happens to be sinking...which ever you prefer.

Obviously not on YOUR ignore list...:hehe:

Yeah you are right I have many friends/acquaintances here. I talk to MANY of them everyday both on and off this portal...

Now I will give your knowledge about my popularity the same weight I give your "knowledge" of Trainz BEYOND what we are running on our machines...

To make it simple for you I don't give much weight to any of your purported "KNOWLEDGE" :hehe:

Just how is this "I know more than you do" argument helping anyone?

As far as hardware is concerned, all that matters, as far as this forum is concerned, is that it runs whatever version of Trainz used reasonably well and is within the users budget. You don't need to own a Cray to run Trainz or justify having one if you do. ;)

Just how is this "I know more than you do" argument helping anyone?

As far as hardware is concerned, all that matters, as far as this forum is concerned, is that it runs whatever version of Trainz used reasonably well and is within the users budget. You don't need to own a Cray to run Trainz or justify having one if you do. ;)

I am not engaging in the "I know more than you do" argument. Nor have I engaged in juvenile "name calling" I am just probing how someone would have all kinds of "knowledge" about everything from "trainz beyond what users are running now" to my status on this forum...

It appears a certain poster seems to imply he has "vast knowledge" about such things:hehe:

I am not engaging in the "I know more than you do" argument. Nor have I engaged in juvenile "name calling" I am just probing how someone would have all kinds of "knowledge" about everything from "trainz beyond what users are running now" to my status on this forum...

It appears a certain poster seems to imply he has "vast knowledge" about such things:hehe:

I knew this was going to happen as soon was the one with the "vast knowledge" about such things came poking around. Too bad the thread had to go this route because this started off as a nice question about hardware.

John

I knew this was going to happen as soon was the one with the "vast knowledge" about such things came poking around. Too bad the thread had to go this route because this started off as a nice question about hardware.

John

Ever notice when djt gets involved, every thread DOES immediately go downhill?

Everyone, please keep this thread civil, which means quitting the name calling (and this means everyone, including djt). It would be a shame if this simple question thread by an innocent Trainz user has to be locked just because of an argument between users gewtting out of hand.
It has happened before.

My 2 cents on this matter:

What makes this a perfectly fine forum to ask questions about hardware for the operation of Trainz, is the fact that it is the Trainz forums, where you can ask actual Trainz users about what hardware would be better for operating Trainz, and get their recommendations that are based on their own experience with running Trainz. Sure, a hardware forum might be a fine and good place to ask about hardware, but how many of the users on those forums use Trainz like we do here? Different programs (including games and simulators) have different requirements, so computers that MSTS, or Microsoft Flight Simulator, or RailWorks, or what have you, might run well on, might not run Trainz so well.

So, do I need to go to a hardware forum filled with people who spend their time fiddling around with computer hardware, which is most often made overseas (often/usually in China/Asia), to learn what the best Chinese/Japanese/Asian-made hardware is for running Trainz? No, when I can listen to what fellow Trainzers' experiences are, and therefore know which Chinese/Japanese/Asian-made hardware is best for the operation of Trainz. :p ;)

Regards.

Ever notice when djt gets involved, every thread DOES immediately go downhill?

Yes from this side, everytime I spot a reply from him/her I have to have a look at the thread because I know there will be a slanging match.

Well I come to it from the perspective that it never fails if someone asks a question about hardware, they will get many straightforward and honest responses from Trainz users.

Then djt comes in he has a tendency to imply others are stupid and he is the only intelligent one and muddles the issue to an extent where the original poster is completely and utterly confused.

I've seen it happen before, I'm sure it will happen in the future. This time however I was not arguing with djt over hardware knowledge or anything else, I was merely probing to find out more information over two statements that he made that I think should not go unchallenged on this or any other open forum.

"My knowledge of Trainz and what it’s capable of goes beyond the game that you are running on your PC right now." Is probably the most intriguing statement that he's made so far, when I politely asked whether or not he was in violation of the NDA he referred me to the back of the 2004 manual, for whatever reason I'm not really sure.

Then he called me name (which is to be expected I guess)

Then he made this statement.

"So much that you’re on everyone ignore or chit list." I would wish that he would clarify further, I am merely curious how he knows all about such things.

He's implied in unsolicited personal messages that he's very well-connected with Auran/N3V (which I don't believe for a second by the way) but yes one of two things is actually going to happen, users seeking advice on hardware are either going to get none from actual users of the game because they refuse to come in and deal with djt's erroneous arguments, or he's going to implode and call the wrong person something he shouldn't and get banned.

That's just my take on the matter. I try if I know the answer to answer user questions, when it comes to hardware questions I will generally look at the entire thread if I can add something that hasn't been thought about sometimes I will. But now I do not wish to get into a mudslinging match with djt, been there, done that and it wasn't as fun as one would think it would be…

Last edited:
There has been an unplanned change of events.

Because my TV died (after 15 years of service) a few changes needed to be made. Gone are any fancy SSD's and for the time being I will have to live with my current video card (GTS 450 1 gig). But on the bright side I now have a 42" LCD (1080p , 120hz)

But anywho, this has been ordered via Tigerdirect:

ASUS Sabertooth P67 B3 TUF Edition Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel P67 Express, 1866MHz DDR3, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, RAID, 8-Channel Audio, Gigabit LAN, SLI/CrossFireX Ready, USB 3.0

Intel Core i5-2500K BX80623I52500 Unlocked Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 3.30 GHz, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Retail

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM - 1600MHz, 2x4096MB, Non-ECC, Unbuffered

Thermaltake VH8000BWS Armor+ MX ATX Mid-Tower Case - 230mm Fan

Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H70 CPU Liquid Cooler

Ultra LSP750 750-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration

HP BD240I Blu Ray Combo Drive - Reads 8x BD, BD-ROM, BD-R/RE, 4x BD DL, Writes 16x DVD+/-R, 8x DVD+/-R DL, 8x DVDRW, 12x DVDRAM

Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black Hard Drive - 1TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gbs X 2

And of course wintendo 7 64 bit.

Total cost after shipping and tax: $1239.90 USD.

I went with that particular memory because from the many forums I searched people seem to like vengeance and also the manual for the mobo states that when using 1600mhz memory it is best to have 1 stick per channel.

The cost of my new TV eliminated fancy drives so I'm gonna do 2 of the black caviars as a RAID 0.

I think I made some great choices. The case has a nice window on the side so that I may admire the awesome motherboard.

It should all be here April 5th.

Woohoo.:udrool:

William,

I hope you got the answer somewhere you were looking for.

Personal opinion. Buy the best computer you can afford that will last the longest to future-proof yourself a little bit. In business this is called a ROI, or a return on investment. The worst thing you can do is under-spec a machine. This is true no matter what you run. In the business world, they specify hardware for a specific operation, and the people in the server business usually go a bit more than that to ensure that the hardware more than meets the requirements.

I do the same thing when I figure out what I want for a machine. I'm not always right, but over the years I've become quite saavy. I'm not saying this to brag (ahem) about my computers 'nads, but as I said before, you want to throw as much as you can afford at the machine, so when future operating systems come out, and future versions of Trainz come out, you can still run them without needing to purchase new hardware all over again.

I hope I explained this well. As a Trainz user, I understand where you're coming from. We don't have unlimited budgets, and we want the get the biggest ROI we can on our expensive hardware.

If you're interested, check out the M17x series gamer's laptops by Alienware (Dell). I've had great success with my machine I just purchased. It even runs the ECML route quite well, which I've heard can get some machines stuttering.

www.alienware.com

John

Back