Nottinghamshire UK

Stallion, many thanks for the offer of photos. No hurry for them as I've got to learn gmax first...

That's just as well, as I didn't get a chance to take any today! We ran out of time for a lot of things, so we are planning to go back next week (makes a change to walk/shop somewhere other than Leicester). If the weather's okay I'll take some then. We'll go earlier so we have more time! 1.5 hours on the bus each way... :rolleyes: Shame we can't easily get a train.

I've done a spot of basic modelling in gmax myself some time ago, so I'll try to get some photos along the length that are all taken square on to the walls. Large photos taken at a slight angle can always be stretched into the correct shape in a graphics program later though.

We're not actually in Leicester, but near to Coalville, hence a 1.5 hour trip on the bus through Loughborough to Nottingham. Would be quicker (but more expensive) to get the bus to Loughborough and then a train to Nottingham! It's an hour on the bus to Leicester from here too. Useless buses going all around the houses :rolleyes:

Shame there are no plans to re-open a train station in Coalville. If they did I'd campaign for David to include it in his extended Nottingham route :D

I'll try to get some photos along the length that are all taken square on to the walls. Large photos taken at a slight angle can always be stretched into the correct shape in a graphics program later though.
That would be great if you could, Stallion. I'd also be looking for a "square-on" photo (or photos) from the east-facing platform side as well.
......Coalville,... hence a 1.5 hour trip on the bus through Loughborough to Nottingham.
Would that be the Bartons No.11? I remember the "Coalville 11" as going along Long Lane in Attenborough, past Attenborough Station and my school...

...Shame there are no plans to re-open a train station in Coalville.
Whatever happened to the Ivanhoe Line?
If they did I'd campaign for David to include it in his extended Nottingham route :D

I'm not going to go any where near Coalville! I've got to put a limit on it, or the size of the project will overwhelm me before it gets started! I'm limiting myself to the routes between Ratcliffe PS, Long Eaton, Langley Mill, Hucknall, Gedling, Edwalton & Ruddington. Even that's daunting enough!

I don't remember what can be seen of the station building from the platforms on the east side, but I can have a wander and take a look.

The Nottingham bus is Arriva no. 99. I haven't heard of the one you mentioned I'm afraid. This one goes through Rempstone and Ruddington along Loughborough Road.

Don't know much about the Ivanhoe Line other than hearing the name (trains are a recent interest and not a passion I must admit), but Wikipedia says that the development of the branch through Coalville out to Burton didn't go ahead, and is unlikely to in the near future. It ran Lboro to Leics only and was stopped in 2005.

I was only joking about the extension of your route, naturally! :D Looking forward to future developments though.

Martyn

Wow, that was a marathon session of tracklaying... tracks disappearing under Carrington Street bridge and Midland Stn on the far right...

sidingsdm8.png

...still got to sort out Lenton North Jct...

Good one! Looks like yours is just missing the dandelions and not much more! :cool:

As for the tracks... :eek: Looking a bit like the Toronto Rail Lands that ship with the game! Always nice when there are parking spaces for a spare consist or two. I bet you needed a few coffees (or beers) to help you through that lot!

Slow work here, due to many things - fine weather - hills - the beach - new member of the family (4-legged, wet-nosed variety!)
Just about completed track layout for "Part 2A" (ie. as in screenshot above - between edge of "Part 1" and Carrington St Bridge/Midland Station.
sidingsdm8.png

Anybody care to take a cdp, just to check for glaring errors and that it will run okay?

CDP

Sure thing David....you can get me via my "yousendit" lite. use my email address and they will send it to me.

Looking good!

Jack:D

Nottingham Part 1 SthWest V1.1

I've just uploaded a v1.1 of Part 1. This should correct the dependencies that were "missing" from the DLS. Anybody care to check for me that they are all there for this version?
Thanks
David

Last edited:
Nottingham part 1 SW v1.1

Just checked it out. Did get some updates, but missing 5 as follows:

kuid2:116296:16109:127
kuid2:116296:16037:127

I think the version number 127 is in error. trs2004 works if the config.txt file is set to "1" vice "127". just an observation

kuid2:60850:23923:1
kuid2:60850:23922:1
kuid2:60850:23913:1

that's about it. Hope that helps. Also, it you just did it as of the post, Auran probably won't show up for a couple of days at best.

Jack:wave:

P.s. I did install in TRS2006, btw....

RE Route

Hello David,

Your route is Excellent! It should be included with the next version of TRS lol.

Thanks for updating your route, it's very accurate and real joy to drive along it!

Crodgersz2005 (Chris)

Thanks Chris, its comments like this that inspire me to keep going on Part 2!
Maybe when Part 2 is done, if enough people suggest it to Auran, it will be...

Thanks Chris, its comments like this that inspire me to keep going on Part 2!
Maybe when Part 2 is done, if enough people suggest it to Auran, it will be...

Your welcome david, :D

The only thing wrong with the route is the lack of connected resourses/indutries, like coal mines, forests etc.....

But apart from those everything is fine ;)

Do you need a beta tester to test your routes?

Chris

The only thing wrong with the route is the lack of connected resourses/indutries, like coal mines, forests etc.....

I've included the Freightliner Terminal, Boots the Chemist factory (although they aren't all chemical industries on the layout) and the Army Supply Depot. You'll need to set these up in a session to produce and consume products.
Given the prototype location, I think I've got all the industries I can.
If I ever do a part 4, then it will have collieries...

Back