Are you looking for high quality U.S. Standard Gauge PBR track?

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
If you are looking for high quality U.S. Standard Gauge procedural PBR Track then try these of mine:

<kuid2:439337:103409:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Shiny, Track only
<kuid2:439337:103417:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, Rusty, Track only
<kuid2:439337:103414:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty
<kuid2:439337:103416:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Rusty, No Ballast
<kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny
<kuid2:439337:103407:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast

Here is a screenshot of my <kuid2:439337:103196:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny:

My-track-for-TRS19.jpg

Bob

Last edited:
Fantastic looking track, Bob. I love the fact the ballast edge isn't straight.
Thanks for the kind words!

I created this track at the time because I did not find any suitable U.S. standard gauge procedural PBR track that had the right rail cross section and used spikes and tie plates. I also incorporated a snow mode into the track as well, and made a number of variations as you can see in my OP above.

I also released all the Blender source code for the project for all my track so anyone could make their own variations if desired. Doing that track was one of the toughest and most time intensive projects I have ever done, and because of that I will never do it again. In the end, while not perfect, I think it turned out pretty well and looks fairly realistic.

Bob

Last edited:
Great looking track there Bob. Are there any PBR ballast textures on the DLS that would be compatible with the ballast built in to your track? Looking forward to trying these out for the route I will be starting soon.

Fred Bray

Great looking track there Bob. Are there any PBR ballast textures on the DLS that would be compatible with the ballast built in to your track? Looking forward to trying these out for the route I will be starting soon.

Fred Bray
Yes, my own. See:

<kuid:439337:106397> PBR Ballast 3

Bob

I don't know if its just my machine or not, maybe it is. I was looking for good procedural no-ballast track for conway yard. I used <kuid2:439337:103407:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast. It took me about 20 minutes to select the track to switch, and only seconds for the switch. My frame rate immediately dropped to about 1 frame per 10 seconds. Even the menus took 3-5 seconds to respond to a click. It took about an hour to get into S1.0 and use the bulk replacement to switch it to something else (different from the original), after which my normal frame rates returned.

I don't know if its just my machine or not, maybe it is. I was looking for good procedural no-ballast track for conway yard. I used <kuid2:439337:103407:1> TRS19 SAP Track U.S. 132LB SG, FB, TP with Spikes, Shiny, No Ballast. It took me about 20 minutes to select the track to switch, and only seconds for the switch. My frame rate immediately dropped to about 1 frame per 10 seconds. Even the menus took 3-5 seconds to respond to a click. It took about an hour to get into S1.0 and use the bulk replacement to switch it to something else (different from the original), after which my normal frame rates returned.
I am not seeing that here on my TRS2022 (build 122411). Lots of variables drive frame rates, such as your graphic card and the various settings you are using in Trainz so I don't know how I can help you with this one. As for myself I have an ASUS NVidia 3080 and have most of my settings set to high or better.

Bob

Thank you, Bob.

I have just updated my Levi & Appalachian V2 to this track and it simply looks great. As soon as I have all the updates in place, I'll be sending it up to the DLS.

Dave

Back