MSTS2 early demo photos - July 19, 2008

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
I've been checking out the new Microsoft Train Simulation 2 demo at the National Train Show. Here are a few photos for your enjoyment. It is looking very nice given that they haven't done the lighting and shadows yet.

2009 will be a big year for train sim fans that's for sure!

I have also taken a bunch of model train photos for your viewing pleasure as well...

And to keep things even, here is the link to a few Trainz screenshots.

...and just for fun a render of one of the new stations for TS2009

edit: ...and some youtube videos from a train sim fan

Tony

Last edited:
Cheers Tony !

Many thanks for your display of generosity here;)

I've posted a link to these over at Train Sim UK.

I must say though that out of all the pics you've posted, that render of the TS09 station gets me the most excited !

Steve:)

Thanks for showing us some photos, I think the world of rails option will be very interesting as in operating your train in your own home town.

Love the Lego layout. The TRS2009 station looks very good I wonder what sort of computer it will need to run. Still the new Intel Bloomfield cpus should be able to handle it.

Cheerio John

Thanks Tony, that's alot of pics!

But the 2009 station was the most interesting.....

Add a person into the cab, and I am sure that MSTS2 will look the same as TRS2009!

But TRS2009 is better as you won't be supporting micro$oft!

The Trainz-Screenshots are the best,
the station is nice.

The MSTS 2 Photos - I has KRS here, that looks better.
But I learnt some things - grafic is not all - fun is it.

With KRS I can only drive trains from A to B.
????With MSTS 2 I can only drive trains from A to B????

With TS2009/X I can build me a little world.

That's the different.:cool:

...thanks for the model train pictures...

Techni's point is well taken. Does anyone know if there is going to be a practicable world building feature in MSTS2?

Bernie

The Trainz-Screenshots are the best,
the station is nice.

The MSTS 2 Photos - I has KRS here, that looks better.
But I learnt some things - grafic is not all - fun is it.

With KRS I can only drive trains from A to B.
????With MSTS 2 I can only drive trains from A to B????

With TS2009/X I can build me a little world.

That's the different.:cool:

...thanks for the model train pictures...

Screenshots dont show you the whole game itself, So before you compare KRS and MSTS 2. You should see MSTS 2 for yourself.

It looks as if I'll be buying both sims next year. I was a bit more impressed with MSTS2's stuff but both may be a bit fun.

:)

It looks as if I'll be buying both sims next year. I was a bit more impressed with MSTS2's stuff but both may be a bit fun.

:)

im with you. ill buy both and the subway one thats coming out. im quite enamored with all sorts of trains and i like to have different options.

i just hope that trainz09 keeps up with the highly flexible route building, thats certainly the plus i look forward to.

i have faith in ya'll, tony.

I also have been waiting and watching the progress of MSTS2. But based upon what their web site says, I will be sticking with Trainz. The reason? Their World Editor will not use the concept of baseboards. You will be able to add tracks to their model of the whole World (a globe of the earth), but you will not be able to build your own world from nothing.

I think a lot of people here will like Microsofts approach, (geared more towards a train sim of the worlds actual railroads), while I want a train sim that is more of a virtualization of the model railroading hobby.

Thanks

A big thanks to Tony for his efforts and pictures, great stuff.
By the look of the 2009 shot I will be interested in that version, that's a great picture.
Not intersted in MSTS, I like creating so it will always be Trainz for me.

Angela

Thanks for taking the time to post these pics for us Tony.

Must admit that the M$T$ version doesn't really conjure up any more magic than we already have on Trainz. Judging by these screenies, I'll be staying with Auran for the forseeable future.

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Thank you for posting the pictures, Tony. I find the comparision between the rail sims very interesting. MSTS 2 cojures up something that piques my curiosity, but there's something missing from the sim. I feel like it's cold and not welcoming like the Trainz is. Perhaps this is due to the lack of dynamic lighting that they need to put in, but still it looks cold and distant like the KRS sim does.

I like the shots from TRS2006 and the new station in TRS2009. The graphics are amazing in '09, and this shows how much can be done with the graphics engine we are using. The pictures from 06 surprised me. They really do show what the sim is capable of in comparision to the MS offering.

Thanks again.

John

Back