Mk2F coaches

Bill69

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any MK2F coaches with interiors and opening doors?
There are lots of MK2F coaches on the DLS, but they all appear to be reskins of pickabird's original BR MK2F blue and grey coaches. I will be willing to pay for them if they are payware.

Cheers,
Bill69

Both myself and Peter Hicks are working on some new MK2 coaches My coaches when I finish them will have these features, and from what i've seen of peters they look that have those features as well. Peters MK2F's are further ahead in development than mine and from what i've seen on other forum posts they will probably be released shortly.

Rob

Also Peter Hicks MK2's will be for TRS 2004/2006 like his class 156's so I know whos coaches I will be using.

But I haven't made any statement of any sort as to what version my coaches are going to be working in, because they are not finished. They are not in fact in any version of Trainz yet.

But I haven't made any statement of any sort as to what version my coaches are going to be working in, because they are not finished. They are not in fact in any version of Trainz yet.
My apologies, Rob. I'd assumed they'd be for TC only, given your involvement on the content creation side of it.

You have admitted to me on MSN that you said you are not going to build anything for TRS 2004/2006 or anything less than TC3 BECAUSE of the features it gives. So i was using facts that you gave me for my basis.

No, you got that completely wrong so please don't misquote me. I can recall this conversation as it was about the class 40. I said that I will not be releasing the class 40 at all for 2004/2006 as it uses features that are only present in TC3.

Rob

Ok. Thanks for the replys everyone, I did not want to start an argument or slaging match, I will be gratefull for any Mk2Fs with interior when they are available.

Cheers,
Bill69

Looking forward to all those Mk2's :)

I for one will enjoy using that lovelly class 40 in TC with the large selection of Mk2's :p

Or merely a statement of fact. If Rob's mk2s only work in TC, she will only be using Peter Hicks' ones, will she not...
You two are making assumption and a rather pessimistic one. If you think someone like Rob is about to produce rolling stock for TC only you must have cotton in your ears and your eyes in your pockets.
You have admitted to me on MSN that you said you are not going to build anything for TRS 2004/2006 or anything less than TC3 BECAUSE of the features it gives. So i was using facts that you gave me for my basis.
Clearly you didn't listen; you're fired! God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time. Now if one is asked for comissioned work then why should the creator care?

God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time. Now if one is asked for comissioned work then why should the creator care?

Firstly the blasphemy isn't required. Secondly that assumes that creators create to get a high download count. Personally I will create for whichever version of TRS gives the features I want. I could create my 60 for UTC say but then again I would lose a load of features. So I've created it for 04 and 06 (06 doesn't give any extra features in this respect that 04 does not). If TC has features that I can make use of I will barely hesitate to create for that instead.

Personally I create for the joy of creating. Filling gaps in what is available gives you a nice fuzzy feeling inside from all the praise you often get. However, I don't create just so that lots of people will use my content. Whilst it helps people with older versions if I create for those versions I won't hold back if there are features I want to use in a newer version. Sure you won't be able to use it if you don't have the latest version but that's not the creator's problem is it?

I do wish people would stop telling creators which version to create for. That is an individual choice that we are free to make, especially considering the time that goes into any such creations to produce a high quality end product that is up to current expectations.

Just my two penny's worth.

Andy

I do wish people would stop telling creators which version to create for. That is an individual choice that we are free to make, especially considering the time that goes into any such creations to produce a high quality end product that is up to current expectations.

Just my two penny's worth.

Andy
You'd have saved yourself a lot of typing if you'd done more than just quoting the second part of your quote...

Well I for one am looking forward to Rob's Mk2's, his 9F is a corker and I would imagine the same care goes into anything Rob creates. :)

Can't see any blasphemy, just gimme the coaches.

Captain_Scarlet's use of 'God' at the start of the message I previously quoted is certainly using the name of God in such a way as to be blasphemy.

Captain_Scarlet not sure what you are getting at - never said Rob wasn't going to create only for TC, wasn't making a comment about Rob at all in fact. As a result I am somewhat confused as to what you are getting at, if it helps I got somewhat annoyed at this remark by you:

God, anyone creating for TC only can only expect 50 downloads or so... Shooting one's self in the foot and a waste of time.

I still stand by comments about this.

Andy

Gentlemen, the only (official) religion on these threads is worship of the 'iron wheel on iron track'. The only blasphemy is 'tarmac before track'. And I suppose Anti-Christ is Dr Beeching......;)

Back