K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

The new website is much easier to navigate than the old.

I saw there is a "Deal of the Week" page. I've never bought one of Steve's locomotives before. I thought at $8 for the Frisco T54 Mountain "What the heck. If I don't like it ... ."

OK -- I put in on the track. And immediately went back to the webpage and purchased two more "Deals" -- the C&O/Southern K4 and the N&W A Mallet.

Yes, they are good. Superb.

I know that sounds are a very personal and very subjective. I swapped the sound for one that I personally like better, "Steam Engine Sound - 2 cylinder", kuid:126323:53050

Also the engine spec. The bane of T:ANE is the almost continuous sound of the safety valves. This is particularly noticeable with the built-in K4 and pretty much all other steamers. It's terrible. For those that want to experiment I worked up two alternative especs that "solve" this by releasing a larger quantity of steam in one bigger pop (just pretend it's the air compressor) rather then a continuous stream of hisses. Look for "VR S enginespec 09 revised", kuid:69871:100867 (for smaller locomotives) and "US Big Steam enginespec", kuid2:69871:2132:1 (originally intended for the SP Cab Forward, suitable for larger locomotives and Mallets).

Steve -- I'd like to complement you on the quality of your work. It's outstanding.

Now, for those that want to take their new purchases for a quick spin, maybe here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ge-layout-quot-The-Mann-Phrom-Laramee-RR-quot

or here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ot-The-Mann-Phrom-Laramee-quot-model-railroad

Phil

Last edited:
Steve, I love the look! Plus, where's the NH 2-8-0?

Steve has said that there were serious problems with attempting to update the NH F5 #164.

@Steve, on your new site it says "the issue with animated bells not stopping in T:ANE SP2 has been resolved. All models with animated bells have been updated." but I don't see any links to updates on the site?

Edit: The new automated order processing works very well!

This is a screen shot thread after all. :D

Thanks Steve!

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply norm!

No prob, I spent days trying to fix the 164 with no luck, not that I'm all that great a fixerer. I finally asked Steve about it and he said he had given up on it himself. Maybe someone will commission a replacement someday.

There has been a shopping cart for almost 3 years.

Anything you purchased in the past will have to be manually added to your account on the site.

Use the support link on the new website and send me a message with your email and i'll get them manually added.

So what happens if there is no account made yet and I lost a file?(Mostly just in case I move everything to a new computer)

So what happens if there is no account made yet and I lost a file?(Mostly just in case I move everything to a new computer)
Yeah I purchased almost everything from the site except the NH conny and the email account was deleted. I do not remember what it was. Oh well, I'll just put the files on a hard drive.

Steve was kind enough to update the new account that I created on his new site with all my past purchases, since this is a manual process it may take awhile to get yours updated. It probably helps that I used the same email for the new account that I had previously been using for my purchases.

I fail to see any extreme dissimilarity

06441a6b7786934069c19be7bd6a878e.png

:p

Last edited:
Two sites both made in WordPress, both have a ton of data to show in a confined space. It's what happens.

Last edited:
The Southern 4301 Mega Pack is quite the deal. You get two locomotives one with two possible versions and bunch of Southern Passenger stock....real happy with this purchase!
SzQHy4.jpg

Last edited:
:wave: Just like to say, I have ordered several items from K&L, what I find:

Quality is top notch, attention to Detail is quite evident. When you see an item you like, you need only check out the well written details, so you know exactly what your purchasing!

Value for money spent?

Without a doubt, great value for money spent!

Customer Support

:) Respectful and honest, Steve does his best to resolve any issues!

One last item to add, Steve the new Website looks terrific :cool:

Thank you Steve for fantastic productions and I'll be ordering more in the Future. Can never have enough rolling stock to play with Trainz.

Hope no one minds, just though I'd like to play with the freeware from K&L while I save up....:D

f87295b27bff1e1b294c0e62ff88e6be.jpg

Best Polar Express for Trainz ever! :D

Last edited:
Back