K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

2ad4fc_449bf2ff12594c0a8d8cc408a1c4d135~mv2.webp

Just a little something I put together.

Thanks Bill & Steve! A great addition to the fleet.

Great looking locomotive and very nice cars.

Thanks especially for the BC cars. (Just happen to have the loco/tender to go with them :D)

Last edited:
Good job on the T-1c! It's pretty prone to wheelslip in Realistic Mode, though. (This may be the of T:ANE. It's been pretty sloppy about handling steam engine specs.) And I couldn't help but notice a detail that's absent from the prototype.

ce19197640f8470c7734af9842ec7fba.jpg

d80ea69ef6701454d1dce3b733559c27.jpg

I'm not really sure what it was called (if it even had a name), but it was commonly found on alligator crossheads. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the T-1c's with this "half alligator crosshead" design. The only Selkirk's I've been able to find with alligator crossheads are the T-1a's. But I suppose that's not tremendously important. It's mostly a nit-pick. Otherwise, great job as always!

Good job on the T-1c! It's pretty prone to wheelslip in Realistic Mode, though. (This may be the of T:ANE. It's been pretty sloppy about handling steam engine specs.) And I couldn't help but notice a detail that's absent from the prototype.

The engine spec is fine, the car weights are the issue. I weighed them in pounds and not kilograms. So the weight in the car's configs are pretty much double what they should be. The 13 car pre-made consist weight that of a 26 car consist.

I'm not really sure what it was called (if it even had a name), but it was commonly found on alligator crossheads. I haven't been able to find any pictures of the T-1c's with this "half alligator crosshead" design. The only Selkirk's I've been able to find with alligator crossheads are the T-1a's. But I suppose that's not tremendously important. It's mostly a nit-pick. Otherwise, great job as always!

Forgot to take that piece off. The T1a has that item. I ended up trying to work on both versions at the same time, so a few parts from the T1a forgot to come off. Ooops

The car weights, extra crosshead support, and off position dynamo steam are all fixed. If you re-download the zip I emailed out, it will now link to the updated files.

Thanks
Steve

The car weights, extra crosshead support, and off position dynamo steam are all fixed. If you re-download the zip I emailed out, it will now link to the updated files.

Thanks
Steve

Awesome! I redownloaded it this morning! It still seems to have some problems with wheelslip when it gains speed, but there are a few other models that have this problem (most notably the N&W A Class and the CN S1b), so I suspect it has more to do with how T:ANE processes the engine spec. I really only made mention of it for the T-1c because it was so excessive.

Awesome! I redownloaded it this morning! It still seems to have some problems with wheelslip when it gains speed, but there are a few other models that have this problem (most notably the N&W A Class and the CN S1b), so I suspect it has more to do with how T:ANE processes the engine spec. I really only made mention of it for the T-1c because it was so excessive.

TANE I believe has a default vehicle physics rule setup so that could be why you get wheel slip.

TANE I believe has a default vehicle physics rule setup so that could be why you get wheel slip.

I've tried messing with the vehicle physics rule to minimize the effects of wheelslip, but it doesn't seem to help any.

There have been some SP1 hotfixes that have been worse about it than others. There was one hotfix where every steam locomotive model except the NYC Niagara had the same problem, even the built-in Kanawa believe it or not! With the current hotfix, it only seems to happen when the computer lags, for the most part (with the exception of a few models).

Last edited:
Back