"Jerome & Big Thunder Mountain": a desert ore hauler 1920x1080

Roone:

Where are you hosting your screenshots? I can't see a one of them. Perhaps I've somehow blocked the site.

Bill

It's Hostthenpost, a lot of people seem to have problems with it... theres a thread on it somewhere...

It's Hostthenpost, a lot of people seem to have problems with it... theres a thread on it somewhere...

Okay. I finally got the pictures. I had to specifically whitelist hostthenpost only for the forum. Maybe I'll start hosting stuff.

Great route, Roone. I'll be looking for it. For my own use, I might graft it on to the desert end of my Wild Bill II route.

Bill

Wow! spectacular! :D Do you take suggestions for future projects? :hehe:
Usually no, but i'm curious what you have in mind. Who knows i might have something halfway finished. ;)

amazing route! now that's what I call working with what you've got!
Thanks!

And odd...I didn't know some people have problems with hostthenpost. If it continues please let me know and maybe i'll have to look into an alternative location.

~Roon

Heh, well you did such a good job on your snowy Narrow Gauge route I thought you might consider an Australian-ish version! :hehe:
Well its not exactly Australia, but how about a tropical Caribbean island narrow gauge railroad? These are pictures of my never finished or officially released "Leeward Islands Railway" which i created way back in the TRS2006 days (when grass was "new" ;)). I've recently gone back in on a couple of occasions and have been considering possibly bringing the route up to current standards (aka, going crazy :))

(click for full size image)

I know it is desert, but I hope there are some gradients too to make the locos work for their keep ! :)
Yep. :) Most of the track is 1% or greater, with several sections going above 3% for short stretches.

4% connecting track in front of the 2% mainline. :)

3% up to the tunnel (out of view to the left).

*continued below*

can I see an areal map view of this sucker?

Interchange and smelter on the right (east).

Closer view of Clarkdale, with the smelter in the middle. Lowest/southernmost tracks are the ATSF/SP/whatever-railroad-you-want-it-to-be. Not everything complete at this time (like the west end of the yard).

*Lol, oh yeah...and my texture-testing area in the upper left* :hehe:

Closer view of Jerome, with the big mine in the lower left, and a smaller mine in the center.

:)
~Roon

Last edited:
Yep. :) Most of the track is 1% or greater, with several sections going above 3% for short stretches.
4% connecting track in front of the 2% mainline. :)

3% up to the tunnel (out of view to the left).

*continued below*

We have us some gradients, bring it on.
Keep up the great work Roon.

Interchange and smelter on the right (east).
Closer view of Clarkdale, with the smelter in the middle. Lowest/southernmost tracks are the ATSF/SP/whatever-railroad-you-want-it-to-be. Not everything complete at this time (like the west end of the yard).

*Lol, oh yeah...and my texture-testing area in the upper left* :hehe:

Closer view of Jerome, with the big mine in the lower left, and a smaller mine in the center.

:)
~Roon
Sheesh Roon that thing is huge 0.0 I'm glad I opted for the bigger gpu

So i'm still working on the route, even though i haven't posted lately (the weather got nice out, so sue me :p).

I made the route bigger, am in the process of adding another 2 ore ramps and a small, half abandoned village.

Here's just a couple pictures of some areas that are least ready for screenshots...

Those NM&W F7s look natural on there. Great shots!
Thanks! I thought the same thing. :)

My third version of this town... think i like it enough this time to finally leave it alone :p

Hope to post a lot more screenshots tomorrow (just don't have the time today...)

~Roon

I could see UB SD9s and a Southern San Pedro RR RS1 looking right at home on this. Excellent work sir, my hat's off to you.

Back