"Jerome & Big Thunder Mountain": a desert ore hauler 1920x1080

Did the tracks rust out before you could get any more pics?:hehe: Seriously though, I keep looking over the pictures, daily, and see something new everytime. Amazing route you've got in the works here.

Been real busy lately, so it's been a while, but...

A borrowed NM&W Mikado leads a peddler freight through the junction east of Jerome. (and yes there is a sound clip marker showing up in this pic :eek:)

Most of the monks at the old Spanish Mission detest the trains and their rumbling, distracting from prayer...but not Brother Walt, who sits on the bench along the tracks and greets every train as it passes.

Not much activity today at West Thunder Mine.

Hugging the cliffs. The flatcar below didn't hug them hard enough ;).

This route is just pure awesome. :cool:

BTW is the terrain shown handmade?
No, the route is actually built on the Nevada Northern Rwy DEM. Ironically, the small part of the DEM i chose to build the route on is the exact same section of track the Nevada Northern still operates their excursions on.
This video is basically the same trip as you will find in my route (although the Trainz route goes a little farther).

Also, my route is not intended to model the NNRwy in any way, it is purely fictional (but based on some real towns in Arizona).

An overhead shot of the mine at Jerome. Details and clutter not added yet.

Class 5 track this is not. ;)

Tracks snake into the town of Olson, currently the highest point on the RR, and "end of the line" (but with possible small spur going a few 1000 feet out to an industry or mine).

Not much going on in town today. Of course there never really is. ;)

Looking back down-grade.

Dumping ore on the elevated tracks at the smelter, all the way at the other end of the line.

So this is built off the NNRy DEM, eh? So that's why I felt like these shots needed old 40 the 4-6-0 chugging along through them :hehe::)

Seriously though, stunning work my friend! :cool: you've got quite the masterpiece here, makes me feel like I'm really in Arizona! Makes me want to get TS12 just so I can run it...

he says based on some towns in AZ but having been to them they are spot on for the few mining industries we had in the particular towns he modeled. :p
For example when he first posted in USA pics I swore he was modeling a transition/old west era version of what is now the Arizona Eastern (Verde Canyon Railway) Freight Rail line. the wye looked nearly identical to the one in Jerome

Me Gusta!:udrool:

I can't wait till this route hits the DLS.

Just a few questions...

1) Is this route in TS10 or TS12?
2) The ore cars: I was them in a thread before, yet I forgot the link.... :(

I love what you did with the desert! If/when I DL this, I might have to user your ways as reference to redo some of my routes!

Keep up the good work!

Me Gusta!:udrool:

I can't wait till this route hits the DLS.

Just a few questions...

1) Is this route in TS10 or TS12?
2) The ore cars: I was them in a thread before, yet I forgot the link.... :(

1).TS2012.
2). I'm always searching for cars to use. The "ore" cars can be found here: http://missaberoad.com/

Only on the J&BTM can you turn a Tobacco barn into a station. ;)

(ignore the trestle behind the locomotive...still working on that area)

Have to work on the distant mountain scenery too. Not happy with what i see in those shots.

This is a fantastic looking route! If I may ask, where did you get the "hump" trackside object where the dirt road crosses the tracks?

Cheerio,
Nicholas

This is a fantastic looking route! If I may ask, where did you get the "hump" trackside object where the dirt road crosses the tracks?

Cheerio,
Nicholas
I believe they are on the DLS by Dinorius_Redundicus, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back