How to download Internet stuff to Trainz 12 Without it Downloading it to Trainz 2010

Hello All,

Now you might be saying what is going own with all these problems?

Well i can answer those Questions, But hard for me to explain.

OK Here's My Problem:

I download everything I need for Trainz 12 but all my content goes to The Content Manager in Trainz 2010. I have No clue on what to do with this but to go ahead and leave it on Trainz 2010 even though it won't show in the game.

Now, I want all the Content that I download To go onto Trainz 12, but don't know how to do it.

So can someone help me with this? I will really appericate it.

Hello All,

Now you might be saying what is going own with all these problems?

Well i can answer those Questions, But hard for me to explain.

OK Here's My Problem:

I download everything I need for Trainz 12 but all my content goes to The Content Manager in Trainz 2010. I have No clue on what to do with this but to go ahead and leave it on Trainz 2010 even though it won't show in the game.

Now, I want all the Content that I download To go onto Trainz 12, but don't know how to do it.

So can someone help me with this? I will really appericate it.

I have the exact opposite problem, I want my downloaded stuff from websites to go to TS10, but it goes into TS12.

I "Save" 3rd party CDP's, and DLS assets via FTP, and save them all to my PC "Downloads ... when it becomes full, I send all those 1000's of CDP's to an external hard drive, for safekeeping ... then I open the CDP's in various Trainz programs, and commit them ... then I empty my PC downloads folder

I dont see why you dont just save the downloads to a seperate folder on your desktop or something.

I don't either, maybe there sould be a patch that changes the TS12 DLS so the computer doesn't think it's an updated version of TS10's DLS. I think we sould make a petition to change the TS12 DLS so the computer doesn't confuse it with TS10 DLS.

The simple way to get downloads to go to the version of CMP you want them in is to open the version of CMP first and minimise it.
Then go to the download page, find the item you want, click on "download helper" and maximise your CMP while it is downloading.

Cheers,
Bill69

Those are some good ideas

All the things you said I already tried. Unfortunately they all failed to work, or my CM becomes Unresponsive.

Anyone else got some ideas.

I'll take them.

Set your file associations for CDP, CDP2 and CDPA files to point to your TS12 installation, that's all.

I believe Shaneturner has a tool to do this and which allows you to select which Trainz installation receives downloads.

If you're downloading with firefox, there should be a pop-up that prompts you to click ok to download the file. CMP is most likely going to be automatically what is used to open the file, but, if you click on the drop down menu just to the right of where it asks if you want to save or open the file, you can click on other, and point it to TS12's CMP. That's how I did it when I had TS12 and TS10 on the same computer. Works!

If you're downloading with firefox, there should be a pop-up that prompts you to click ok to download the file. CMP is most likely going to be automatically what is used to open the file, but, if you click on the drop down menu just to the right of where it asks if you want to save or open the file, you can click on other, and point it to TS12's CMP. That's how I did it when I had TS12 and TS10 on the same computer. Works!
Huh!

I gonna have to download firefox because when I got this computer, Rocket was the Default Browser for Windows 8, But I'll Give it A Try.

Thanks
If anyone got some more suggestions fill free to reply on this thread
I'll take any help

To Repeat a earlier post:

Shaneturner has a tool to do this and which allows you to select which Trainz installation receives downloads.

That's correct - that would be my Trainz Protocol Changer Tool (available through the My Utilities link in my signature). It may take a bit of time when it first starts up, but this is to allow it to get the information required as to where your Trainz versions are. Also, be aware that it needs to be run as administrator if using Windows Vista/7/8/8.1, and not run from a read-only folder.

Shane

Back