GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Is there any particular reason why you ignore a well-meant hint?

He likes the larger images. Why does it matter? When I look at his images, the empty space doesnt distract me from the engine. Just saying. Nothing against you or him.

Last edited:
Sorry to say, but if you have no idea about the subject and what i was actually writing about...

Oh I know what you meant, you were meaning the empty space of the image distracts from the overall visual of the locomotive. I get that but I dont see the issue with it.

"Sorry to say, but if you have no idea about the subject and what i was actually writing about..."
Well its not like you said what you're writing about earlier on the same page. Oh, wait......

Well the "well given hint" seemed rather rude to me, so rather than reply a snotty remark, I chose to ignore it. I choose to host such large screenshots because of the amount of work and detail I put in the model. If you resize it down the size you made it, you're not really able to see the same amount of detail.

~Dusten

Well the "well given hint" seemed rather rude to me, so rather than reply a snotty remark, I chose to ignore it.

"No need at all. It's very often quite interesting to see the creation flow.

But if I might place some critic, please use your render size. Here you have 2000x2000 where almost 60% is redundant, monochrome color.
2000x880 contains all you need to see:"

Is rude?

Oh I see. Me unworthy subordinate dared to address my words to your highness. Most obediently I beg thy for forgiveness!

Rude?

It might be noticeable for thy highness, that English is not my mother tongue, pardon me for this atrocity. It might be possible I used expressions, I almost don't dare to say, accidentally wrong...
Mea culpa!

I chose to ignore it.

I'm afraid, I can live with that...

I choose to host such large screenshots because of the amount of work and detail I put in the model. If you resize it down the size you made it, you're not really able to see the same amount of detail.

It might occur to you, that out of politeness I choose not to post the edited picture in its original size. But if you would have cared of what i wrote instead of being offended, you might have found a tiny passage im my text wich goes '2000x880'...

Anyway, do what ever you desire, why shall I care...

Mick!

P.S.: Fore not to go too far off topic, here an interior scene I did to practice V-Ray:

Interior-Scene.jpg

P.P.S.: If someone finds traces of cynicism or irony in this post, feel free to keep it...

Last edited:
I must say Dusten, I don't care how much extra space there is, I just enjoy seeing your fabulous locomotives as they progress. Thank you for sharing them with the community.

Hey Folks, here are some more updates. Added some small details, and spent some time trying to figure out the material. Any tips to help me understand the surface of these EMD locomotives IE (Paint, scratches, dirt, dings/bumps) etc is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

The sides are plywood with a thin metal coat on one side heled on by a metal strips. Yours looks like it would new just out of the paint shop.

The sides are plywood with a thin metal coat on one side heled on by a metal strips. Yours looks like it would new just out of the paint shop.

Thank you for the feed back, very much appreciated. I've noticed that when looking down the sides of some of these locomotives, you can see a slight bend in the thing metal coat, almost like the center of it is ballooning outward. Is this an accurate description of whats happening, and is that something that is caused from time in service? Thanks again for the kind help.

Here is some more progress. Playing around with some lights as the scene will be set at night time.

Pic Removed

Is that just a 3D Render or it's a model railroad pic of two F7, because if it's the first one it really looks like it's an actual real with that ballast and truck details

Keep up that good work
Greetings

That's amazing! Almost Pixar-quality rendering quality. If you live around their California studios you should see about getting a job there...

You should also note that what you see in your 3D program is not what you will see in Trainz, I always check "in game" as things can go all wrong.

Is that just a 3D Render or it's a model railroad pic of two F7, because if it's the first one it really looks like it's an actual real with that ballast and truck details

Keep up that good work
Greetings

Thanks for the kind words!, this was built in Blender 3D.

That's amazing! Almost Pixar-quality rendering quality. If you live around their California studios you should see about getting a job there...

Thank you, although I'm still very much a novice at this haha, maybe one day.

You should also note that what you see in your 3D program is not what you will see in Trainz, I always check "in game" as things can go all wrong.

This model actually won't be for Trainz, it will just be for a print I'm working on. I have no clue where to start when it comes to creating content for the simulator, but hopefully I'll find some sort of a guide or something in the future and maybe I'll get a box in it or something haha.

Cheers,
Mike

Back