GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Jerker - I thing you are talking about the bolster, the journal boxes are fixed to the frame. He has axles that are to big, wheels look wrong, bolster is wrong, and only has 4 spring. You have to hunt to find good plans that show every thing.

Thanks for all the compliments. I wasn't expecting that much discussion that included my work.

007007 was slightly mistaken on his comment yojimbo. The body is more advanced right now then in the pic he posted but that is what is just over 60k polys. The trucks are over 90k each like I posted earlier. In all reality you can't really compare your 2 axle freight truck with my 4 axle powered loco truck. simulatortrain's truck looks very nice all the same. Keep up the good work. I am aware of what gmax and 3ds max calls a polygon when working on the mesh is actually 2 polygons each. Those are what they refer to as faces. But the poly the counter in gmax or 3ds still counts each face as 1 poly. So if you want to call them polys or faces there is still a count of over 90k.;)

Updated pic.:D

23aa5295dac28f7f66bc046ee2ec6235.jpg

Bill

No one has to use my trucks. You don't like them, fine. Don't use them, don't criticize me.

I suggest taking a look at this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41heqph7LIL.jpg

The Bettendorf Company made a truck where the journals were cast into the sideframe. That means they cannot move seperate of the sideframe. If you understand how trucks work, that is unnecessary complication anyway. There is already enough play with the sideframes and spring plank.

Sure, I can add more springs. I'm sure everyone would enjoy having the extra polys for hardly any noticeable extra detail.

What is the definition of "wrong?" Yes, I'll admit the axles may be a tad big, but who cares?

No one has to use my trucks. You don't like them, fine. Don't use them, don't criticize me.

I suggest taking a look at this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41heqph7LIL.jpg

The Bettendorf Company made a truck where the journals were cast into the sideframe. That means they cannot move seperate of the sideframe. If you understand how trucks work, that is unnecessary complication anyway. There is already enough play with the sideframes and spring plank.

Sure, I can add more springs. I'm sure everyone would enjoy having the extra polys for hardly any noticeable extra detail.

What is the definition of "wrong?" Yes, I'll admit the axles may be a tad big, but who cares?
Adam here knows what he is talkin about. If it ant true, it didnt come from him. Adam does alot of reasurch to make his models like the real thing.
I am just saying, if you dont fully KNOW your right please dont act like it

On the drawing board: Dutch NS DE loc serie 2400. First of 130 delivered units in 1954. Out of service since 1991. Manufactured by Alstom France.

NS_DE2400.jpg

Greetings from sunny Amsterdam,

Jan

Ziet er geweldig uit Jan, alweer!!

Deze wordt hoop ik wel freeware in tegen stelling tot die van AM?

Hoop ook dat je voor de eerste locs uit deze serie wel de goede blauw kiest en niet het verkeerde paars van AM...

Groeten Edwin.

Ziet er geweldig uit Jan, alweer!!

Deze wordt hoop ik wel freeware in tegen stelling tot die van AM?

Hoop ook dat je voor de eerste locs uit deze serie wel de goede blauw kiest en niet het verkeerde paars van AM...

Groeten Edwin.

Yes, I only do freeware :hehe:

The blue you're talking about will be the same as the dark blue 1100 elocs, or do you mean turquoise from before 1956?

[Dutch translation]
Yup, ik maak alleen maar freeware. :hehe:

Het blauw waar je het over hebt, is dat het donkere blauw van bijv. de 1100 elocs, of bedoel je het turquoise van voor 1956? Een (kleuren) fotootje mag natuurlijk ook.
[end Dutch translation]

Greetings from dusk Amsterdam,

Jan

Ik bedoel onderstaande kleur:
mini-Roco_blauwe_2400_02s.JPG

Dit was de afleveringskleur, ook hebben de locs minder hekwerk in de begin periode, jou loc is denk ik te plaatsen na 1960. Wat ik nu ook zie is dat je tank aan de onderkant wat meer schuin moet ;)

Groeten/Greets Edwin.

Groeten,

Hey, this forum is for everyone. Reply in Dutch, Sumi, Swahili, arabic, or anything you want. If you can't understand it, just go to google translate and copy and paste. Easy.

Ah, I miss living in the Netherlands... People seemed much more accepting of these sorts of silly issues than the 'Western World', of which I am a part of.

Your comment is kinda racist, and I don't like seeing that around here. If you can't understand something, it doesn't mean that it's a personal attack or is some crazy mystery.

Sure, there is a Dutch only forum. But the rest are open for all. Not just English speakers. Stop being paranoid and let people talk as they wish. After registering, these are public forums. For anyone. From anywhere. As long as nobody flames or offends or breaks the COC, then all is good. But the comments related to this Dutch fellows post are to me just racist. 'If I can't understand it, it doesn't belong!' Screams Idiocy and racism.

But think about it. This is racism. Sorry. But it's pretty blatant. I suggest you apologise.

Actually, bugger it. From now on, every post I make in this thread will be in Dutch from now on.

Groeten en welkom aan iedereen uit Nederland!

Negeer deze idioten en na wat je wilt! :)

Sorry if my Dutch is a bit sketchy; been a while since I've lived there. Ah, even just reading some Dutch makes me sentimental...

Last edited:
G'day simulatortrain,

Please, show me where I stated that I did not 'like' your model. At no time did I say this nor was I actually 'criticising' it, I was simply pointing out what I saw as an 'inadequacy' in the 'design'. Totally ignorant of the existance of the 'real' bogie on which the model was based, my comments only reflected my then current knowledge in this area. As that knowledge has now been updated, I withdraw those comments and add that your work there is most accurate...

...and although I personally am unlikely to ever use it (being strictly an Australian modeller), I am sure there will be many others who will...

...incidentally, one should NEVER be afraid of a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...

...I look forward to further updates...

Jerker {:)}

Ik ben het eens met Boobless_Ed. Multitudes van de taal is wat deze wereld mooi!

وأنا أتفق مع بوب أقل إد. الجموع في اللغة هو ما يجعل هذا العالم الجميل!

Ek stem saam met Boobless_Ed. Skare van 'n taal is wat hierdie wêreld mooi!

我同意埃德。廣大的語言是什麼使這個世界的美麗!

איך שטימען מיט עד. מולטיטודעס פון שפּראַך איז וואָס מייקס די וועלט שיין!

Je suis d'accord avec Boobless_ Ed. Multitudes de la langue est ce qui rend ce monde si beau!

Ég samþykki Boobless_ Ed. Mannfjöldans á tungumáli er það sem gerir þennan heim fallegur!

I agree with Boobless_Ed. Multitudes of languages is what makes the world beautiful!

G'day simulatortrain,

Please, show me where I stated that I did not 'like' your model. At no time did I say this nor was I actually 'criticising' it, I was simply pointing out what I saw as an 'inadequacy' in the 'design'. Totally ignorant of the existance of the 'real' bogie on which the model was based, my comments only reflected my then current knowledge in this area. As that knowledge has now been updated, I withdraw those comments and add that your work there is most accurate...

...and although I personally am unlikely to ever use it (being strictly an Australian modeller), I am sure there will be many others who will...

...incidentally, one should NEVER be afraid of a little CONSTRUCTIVE criticism...

...I look forward to further updates...

Jerker {:)}

I didn't say you said that, I was just saying in general to anyone. I'm sorry if I sounded angry or anything, I was running on a few hours of sleep. Your comments did get me to look up some information in order to make sure I was correct. No hard feelings, I understand what you were saying.

Last edited:
Common dude you're not on your local Auran language area, just talk English over here.
If you're not capable to, reply in the Dutch forum only.

regards,
TS

By what you have said, I should probably only ever post in the Australian threads. Oh wait. I live in Scotland now. So I guess I should only talk and post in UK based threads... Think about what you say. If you can't read something, don't worry. These forums are open to the whole world, and everyone in the world is welcome to post in whatever language they can speak. Telling people to go back to their place - so to speak - is just plain racism. Sorry.

So many of our best content creators cannot speak English. So why shouldn't they be able to post and talk in their native language in all forums and threads? Like people who speak English? Sure, there are many other forums for people who speak languages other than English, but why should they be denied the right to speak in their language anywhere else? It's only fair.

I mean to say this as a lesson. Acceptance of differences leads to many wonderful and delightful things. I hope you take this message positively and learn from it.

Back