Freezing problem

rhban

Not sure what I could have done, but my newest, barely begun route froze on me and I had to turn the power off to get out of it. Now, even after total shut down, restart and reload route, it goes back into freeze mode that I have to force quit. I've looked at my files in User, my name, downloads, but I can't quite determine which is the actual file I'm working on - I was wondering if, as the new trs22 uses so much memory, I had exceeded it, but I can't tell. My Mac only has 8 GB of memory, so that was my first suspect, but I'm not sure

Before you start, you need to run a database repair.
At the Launcher, click on the Developer menu item and choose Repair database.

Once that's completed, go into Content Manager and search for any faulty assets.
Select the faulty assets, right-click and choose View Errors and warnings.

This will clear up any faulty assets you have and if there's anything that didn't clear, you need to replace them.

I really don't know what happened. There were no faulty assets reported, but the route - my only 22 route - remained inaccessible for two days, but now, for no apparent reason is allowing me to tinker with it again and the trains are running. Perhaps I whispered something derogatory about my computer and it heard! The whole thing was/is bizarre.

A IOS update will sometimes cause that to happen.. i have had it happen multiple times its best to check your IOS Update Page before you begin each session to make sure your upto date on your Mac Computer they just rolled out another update so that might be the cause

I really don't know what happened. There were no faulty assets reported, but the route - my only 22 route - remained inaccessible for two days, but now, for no apparent reason is allowing me to tinker with it again and the trains are running. Perhaps I whispered something derogatory about my computer and it heard! The whole thing was/is bizarre.
LGM, aka the little green men, got in there and tinkered with the hardware. They show up and wreak havoc for days then for some reason up and leave to bother someone else like a swarm of bugs, and whatever made your computer act up never occurs again. As someone who worked in tech support, I can swear that this occurs more often than not, and oh it usually occurs after hours on a long weekend when there's no one around for tech support. For those in the corporate world, this always happens on Mondays to make us totally miserable, or worse on weekends to ensure we have no time off.

Or at 3am with a very thick printout of the operating system at your bedside, as the night shift operator struggles to comply with your instructions.

Back