Weird phenomenon

jeff1959

This evening, while trying to move some assets around the route, I encountered a spinning layout, The entire screen was rotating around rather quickly. I could slow it down with the shift key, but even making sure the caps lock was off, nothing seemed to solve it. I was actually starting to look for the tornado hitting the route, but realized the sun was out. :) I finally had to save, exit completely, and reopen. I'm sure others have had this happen. What did I do to cause the spin. and short of save/quit, how do I fix it?

I remember this spin from Trainz 12 last time i can recall, it could happen once in a month, i think when this happens and the camera keeps rotating on one side, try to press the 2 rotating buttons left and right at the same time and i think you can manage to break this constant rotation.
This evening, while trying to move some assets around the route, I encountered a spinning layout, The entire screen was rotating around rather quickly. I could slow it down with the shift key, but even making sure the caps lock was off, nothing seemed to solve it. I was actually starting to look for the tornado hitting the route, but realized the sun was out. :) I finally had to save, exit completely, and reopen. I'm sure others have had this happen. What did I do to cause the spin. and short of save/quit, how do I fix it?

I remember this spin from Trainz 12 last time i can recall, it could happen once in a month, i think when this happens and the camera keeps rotating on one side, try to press the 2 rotating buttons left and right at the same time and i think you can manage to break this constant rotation.
If he's moving assets around, he'd be in Surveyor mode. A camera rotating problem would only be in Driver mode, wouldn't it ?

If he's moving assets around, he'd be in Surveyor mode. A camera rotating problem would only be in Driver mode, wouldn't it ?
I was in driving mode when i remember this spin , it was like a bug , the camera stuck and rotating continuously all the time, in case it happens to someone remember fast press left and right many times until it is fixed and you don t need to save and exit the game.

Even while in Surveyor, you can go into a loco cab by clicking on one and pressing the 1-key. By doing so, I wonder if going inside a train will stop the spin...
I remember the spinning-issue in TS12. If I'm remembering correctly, pressing the ESC-key canceled that when it kicked in.

Even while in Surveyor, you can go into a loco cab by clicking on one and pressing the 1-key. By doing so, I wonder if going inside a train will stop the spin...
I remember the spinning-issue in TS12. If I'm remembering correctly, pressing the ESC-key canceled that when it kicked in.
I never knew that. Even in TANE ? I'll check that out. Thanks.

It happens to me as well especially when driving a train and building a railroad in surveyor mode, and also the zooming in and out is causing some issues as well when zeroing in on a train.

UP5521, while I cannot help much with the other troubles here (I`ve been monitoring the thread, curious about how things turn out), I do have something that might help you. When you perform a mouse-click to move the "compass", there are two ways than the game can respond. One apparently involves less turning of the camera than the other. Unfortunately, the default setting is for the one with more camera-turning. I forget just exactly where the setting is, and I`m too busy with a DBR to try to find it for you, but the setting is there somewhere. You might want to look for it while waiting for me to get back to you.

Back