Mac Help needed

You're welcome. I don't mind helping.

That should have restored your route from the backup.

Can you share that route with me?

If you can, I'll restore it if possible and send it back to you as a CDP you can install.

You're welcome. I don't mind helping.

That should have restored your route from the backup.

Can you share that route with me?

If you can, I'll restore it if possible and send it back to you as a CDP you can install.
Can you tell me how to send it to you? And in what format?

Ah. I've just checked. The tzarc files all average out at about 105 MB unless I'm reading it wrongly.
That's a bit large.

I have created a link instead to a shared folder. I will provide the link and all you do is open the folder and drag in your .tzarc file into it. If that doesn't work, I'll figure out something else.

I'll PM you the link.

Take the .tzarc file, not the folder from the backup, and put the file into the edit folder.
Hi Folks.....we have Trainz 2019 on a 2019 iMac and having a similar problem in reverting back to a previous save. When you say "edit folder" wondering if I'm getting it right, I'm taking the copied xxxxxxx.tzarc file from a pre crash date, and just dropping it into the Content folder but the original route or renamed route no longer appears.
Thanks

Hi Folks.....we have Trainz 2019 on a 2019 iMac and having a similar problem in reverting back to a previous save. When you say "edit folder" wondering if I'm getting it right, I'm taking the copied xxxxxxx.tzarc file from a pre crash date, and just dropping it into the Content folder but the original route or renamed route no longer appears.
Thanks
You put the .tzarc file into edit folder that appears as a sub-folder under the Content folder. On the PC it's under the buildxxxxxx folder as buildxxxxxx/edit.

After you do that, you run a DBR and that will restore your route or whatever asset you may have deleted in error, or want to revert back to.

Ok...thanks....maybe I'm missing the forest through the trees.
We have a fair amount of work ahead of us after updating from an old 2012 iMac and Mac Trainz 2010.
This is all my sons work, I'm basically acting as the tech but I was able to import more than 10 years of route building, almost all of France, got the routes up and running but there are a lot of obsolete or missing, faulty dependencies (in the 1000s :confused:), to be be dealt with.

The 2019 is, needless to say slightly different than the 2010 so I'm obviously missing something, is the Content folder the Content Manager box on the Mac?
"You put the.tzarc file into edit folder that appears as a sub-folder under the Content folder."
Up till now I've been using the "Import Content..." or dropping new content into the Content Manager.

After yesterday's crash, which would happen repeatedly upon launching I was able to resolve the issue but still unable to get the previous version of a route that was be being modified showing in the content manager, or does the previous .tzarc file resort to it's original name?

Sorry, please bear with me....
So I just discovered on the Mac when double clicking on a route in the Content Manager it brings up a box "Asset Details-"Route"..and a "Reveal in Finder" button, so after clicking on that it opens an "editing" box listing a few "kuid" including the base route, do I drop the ".tzarc file" into that folder or the kuid folder of the route to be reverted?
Thanks
(Sorry unable to load images)

I will visit the 2019 tread further help. :)

Last edited:
Sorry, please bear with me....
So I just discovered on the Mac when double clicking on a route in the Content Manager it brings up a box "Asset Details-"Route"..and a "Reveal in Finder" button, so after clicking on that it opens an "editing" box listing a few "kuid" including the base route, do I drop the ".tzarc file" into that folder or the kuid folder of the route to be reverted?
Thanks
(Sorry unable to load images)

I will visit the 2019 tread further help. :)
That would be the place. You put the .tzarc file in the edit folder not in any sub-folders.
You can also get there by using Finder directly. If you know where your Content-folder is located, you can then navigate there easily.

That would be the place. You put the .tzarc file in the edit folder not in any sub-folders.
You can also get there by using Finder directly. If you know where your Content-folder is located, you can then navigate there easily.X.X
Thank you....now to deal with a lot of "Modified, missing dependencies" and"This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 3.5 are no longer supported."
There's a new learning curve and lot of reading to catch up..I'm sure I'll get it eventually.
Problems arise with enthusiastic users/builders like my son, but who are not tech savvy and then only call when things go wrong, sometimes it's hard to follow the paper trail. lol

Great news!

I wish there were an easier way to do this.

Problems like that are usually why tech support is called for. ;-)

You can ignore the older build warning. Once you save the route, that will clear that up.

Back