Combining 2 or more MIN's

Melanietg

Hi all

I am using several MIN industrys in a route I am working on, and I was wondering if it is possible to combine MIN's, so that on the first MIN you can unload goods that are needed to make other goods that are loaded on another track.

eg, I unload steel coils and car parts on the first MIN, then I want to load automobiles on the second MIN.
but I don't want to be able to load automobiles, when I haven't unloaded the coils and car parts first

I found a few manuals on how to use a MIN, but they only refer to 1 MIN.

I hope it is possible, but I am nut sure.

I appreciate your help, thank you

Greets, Melanietg:)

The Auran MIN industries allow you to do this on the same track but not on different tracks. However, the LARS and ProtoLARS industry tracks do have a setting for an external track to be included to do what you want. There are some on the DLS and others available at TPR.

Thank you, dnevans8, for this quick answer

I try the LARS and PROTOLARS industry tracks this evening, hopefully they work for me.

Greets, Mel

You could also you use an industry link. Set up the first industry to unload coils. Then configure the second industry to load automobiles and set up a queue for steel coils as well. Use the industry link to move the steel coils from the frist industry to the second. If you need an example, I think Montana Rail Link has an industry in there somewhere that relies on an industry link. The industry link kuid is <kuid:160293:11001>. That version should be updated for TS12, but there is also an older version available.
Hope this helps,
GN1996

You could also you use an industry link. Set up the first industry to unload coils. Then configure the second industry to load automobiles and set up a queue for steel coils as well. Use the industry link to move the steel coils from the frist industry to the second. If you need an example, I think Montana Rail Link has an industry in there somewhere that relies on an industry link. The industry link kuid is <kuid:160293:11001>. That version should be updated for TS12, but there is also an older version available.
Hope this helps,
GN1996

Wow, I already had it on my computer and never knew about it.

It will go perfect with a MIN I stuck on the side of a Armour Meat Packing Plant, no cows = no hamburgers for you.

Has anyone go the Industry Link asset to work?

With me it seems to remove the items from one industry and then they do not appear at the next.

Geoffrey

I did something similar on MSGSappers New England Coastal. It aint prototypical but it does the job. Set up an unload queue in the MIN and a load queue. I deliver lumber to a furniture plant on an unload command, pull clear of the MIN on a drive to trackmark, stop, reverse and load furniture on the same MIN, run around and continue to the freight house down the line.

Back