Auran Developments News

To paraphrase somebody

"Reports of Auran's Demise have been greatly exaggerated".

Lets hope that Auran can weather any financial problems and have great products and a brighter future.

Kenny.

And to all of those development team members let hope santa will be good to them and provide for them.

Deepest condolences to those laid off. I hope they can find luck elsewhere in the industry. :)

Glad to hear Trainz is still chugging along.

Here is the official comment from Auran CEO, Tony Hilliam:
As I explained to the staff yesterday, whilst FURY has started off slower than expected, I still see a bright and long future ahead. However, that future will not include the full 60 man development team who have worked on FURY for the past year. The future will focus on a smaller, more agile core team of Fury developers......as appeared on the Forums on Dec 10th.
Is the future of TRS/Trainz really secure??

Typical Tabloid...

8) I wish at least one newspaper in the United States of America, would carry anything like this, just to get Planet Auran Proprietary Ltd. into the daily news!

It might be better for all involved!

Crikey! What press! What exposure!

And all this, just from a pre-planned, routine game design schedule process!

You Go Aussies!

Hi everyone,

However, the future of Trainz is still looking good. Trainz is owned by Auran Games and the directors are committed to continuing the projects currently under development and ensuring that Trainz remains as the number one rail simulator in the world. This involves a number of the Trainz team being re-employed by Auran Holdings, the parent company.

Cheers,

Lance Jago
Community Relations Manager, Trainz

The impression I have is that Trainz is part of the assets of the company that went bankrupt and that it will be a couple of months before it becomes clear if it will be sold off or continued.

Cheerio John

The impression I have is that Trainz is part of the assets of the company that went bankrupt and that it will be a couple of months before it becomes clear if it will be sold off or continued.

No, 2 different businesses, Auran Games is the main business, Auran Developments is a smaller business setup by Auran Games (as explained by Lost_Soul), I believe Trainz and Fury is owned by Auran Games and Auran Developments is just a company that provides a service for Auran, i.e. develop a program (Which isn't owned by Auran Developments, but Auran Games as per copyright law.).

Now, lets wait for an actual press release from Auran Games to see how their finances are doing, if they are doing badly, I would like to see Auran inform the community sooner rather than later, so that alternitive arrangements can be made to the continued development of the program. (Besides, if part of the program is still in development, e.g. content, it could be of more interest when someone starts up another company to own the copyright to the Trainz source code and thus continue developing the program.)

These are my thoughts though.

Don't worry about Auran, they have it all figured out...obviously...

8) FURY is alive and well, and will be for some time to come!

Offered as freeware now, it's inert. The team that created it, is gone. Hope they saved there pay, until they get hired, (after the first of the year on someone else's budget...)

Auran Trainz, is not affected...but zounds, the DLS seams to be doing well these dayz(it's about time!).

E-mail your local newspaper, or even some gaming software conglomerate, and ask them what's going on...the more publicity the better!

Remember, advertising, helps us Trainzers as well as the Company, as well as the Content Creators involved with FURY!

All the fury about the changes, may accomplish something for us all!

Auran provides a DLS Helpdesk and support for Trainz. I doubt that any other train sim will provide anywhere like that level of support. After experiences with MS Flight sim their new train sim will have the same level of support- just about zero. OK there are glitches with TRS that can get to be very frustrating and annoying, but from a route builders perspective TRS is the best. Let's hope that even buying a download ticket will help Trainz to keep rolling along.
Cheers Will

I fear for trainz!

I think trainz classics was not a good hit as well! i thought the game was boring didn't offer much, in my opinion they should have created trainz classics as new routes for trainz 2006, because that's what seams to me when I play that game. Trainiz classic is really what? two more extra routes for trainz 2006 , nothing really new and exciting. I a'm still in love with trainz 2006! The sad part about is that I can't transfer those new trains from classic to trainz 2006! A shame! so I fear they didn't make as much money on that game as well. The proof when you go to the blog, 80% the trainz classics users complain, "It is slow, computer crashing, houses seating o the railroad, etc"... sucks! I hope Auran will do something about this game as well, otherwise they will shut down! It's an Unfortunate news, but the thruth!

I think trainz classics was not a good hit as well! i thought the game was boring didn't offer much, in my opinion they should have created trainz classics as new routes for trainz 2006, because that's what seams to me when I play that game. Trainiz classic is really what? two more extra routes for trainz 2006 , nothing really new and exciting. I a'm still in love with trainz 2006! The sad part about is that I can't transfer those new trains from classic to trainz 2006! A shame! so I fear they didn't make as much money on that game as well. The proof when you go to the blog, 80% the trainz classics users complain, "It is slow, computer crashing, houses seating o the railroad, etc"... sucks! I hope Auran will do something about this game as well, otherwise they will shut down! It's an Unfortunate news, but the thruth!
Kinda reminds me of a guy I knew who never learned to read but still bought a book...he then heard about another book that was suppose to be better, bought it.....then complained because it wasn't any better than the first book....:cool:

GWN: Auran Closes Down, Fury, Trainz Live On

From http://www.gwn.com/news/story.php/id/14810/Auran_Closes_Down_Fury_Trainz_Live_On.html

Auran Closes Down, Fury, Trainz Live On
13 December 2007

The company announces that all its staff have been laid off, but its games will be sticking around.

Tony Hilliam of Auran today issued a statement confirming that the Directors of Auran Development have called in a Voluntary Administrator and laid off all staff.

The statement goes on to clarify that staff will “be paid for all their work to date, their annual leave entitlements, redundancy payments and long service leave,” despite rumours to the contrary.

In addition, Hilliam revealed that the bulk of the Trainz – a popular rail simulator – team will continue to work on its current projects, which will be released sometime next year.

Furthermore, the Fury add-on pack entitled Age of the Chosen will still be launching on Friday. A “small but dedicated team” will also continue Fury development for the foreseeable future.

One of the links claimed (when attempting to access the Download Station) that due to "heavy loadings" parts of the site have been taken off-line. This seems to include the Download Station, so has the Download Station also been shut?

Last edited:
Has the Download Station also been shut?

I will take this opportunity to remind creative types everywhere that the TPR Download Depot will host your uploads while you retain possession of the same. Items uploaded there can also be sent to the Download Station. The Depot can provide a certain redundancy, if you will, and help to ensure availability of your work.

God forbid the DLS will not resume and endure, but it's always wise to have a backup.

Ed

To clarify, Auran Developments went in to voluntary administration, however Auran Games (owner of TRS) is unaffected. I'm guessing Auran Games is a subdivision of Auran Developments that split off? What's the fate of the Download Station? Could you clarify a bit more Lance?

This has got me fairly worried.

Last edited:
Come on guys get serious. :)

Cheers

AJ

I agree. Life goes on...at least it will for me although I can understand the various theories being expressed in the absense of more definitive and clarifying information. It doesn't help that it's the weekend. As the old saying goes...the first reports from the field are always the worst and tend to be overexagerated.

Back