Asset Transfer (Trainz 2010-Tane)

t28

Trainz Veteran since 2006
Hello, I've got a question that is quite important to me.
how do you take the assets (including routes) from T2010 to Tane without becoming faulty.
I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work right.

Thanks

how do you take the assets (including routes) from T2010 to Tane without becoming faulty.
I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work right.

What procedure are you using, and what goes wrong? Most 2010 assets work fine in T:ANE without changes, some require some generic, relatively simple, changes, and some have unique errors which can range from the simple to the impossible to fix. There is no universal solution.

I just used the import content from folder and I selected the user data folder of T2010

I think you need to first select and open-for-edit all the content you want (do that in TS2010's Content Manager).

Close down TS2010.

Open TANE's CM and import the content using "Import content folder..", pointing it to TS2010's Editing folder.

I'm not sure how that goes with TS2010's built-in and payware assets, but should work for everything else.

Ok I will definitely try it, thanks
P.S. Love your content, almost have everything

I just used the import content from folder and I selected the user data folder of T2010

There are several suitable methods, but that isn't one of them.

Most assets work just fine if you Save to CDP from 2010 and then Import Content Files in T:ANE. You can do batches of assets. For routes, it is usually better to Open for Editing (to create an asset folder) from 2010 and then Import Content Folder in T:ANE. Choose a folder to save in and load from that is easily accessible from both versions of Trainz.

If, after you import into T:ANE, there are any assets that remain open for edit you should usually revert to original, because that indicates they were already installed, and it is unlikely that your imported asset is a better version.

If the imported asset has errors you can often download a corrected version from the DLS. What remains as faulty then needs to be removed or repaired. Do not attempt to fix assets simply by increasing their build number - that invariably creates more problems than it solves. However, if you go through the repair process for an asset it is often preferable to repair it to a standard higher than the original - 3.5 to 3.7 is very suitable. Most 2010 assets can be upgraded to that build fairly easily, and most assets of that build work OK in T:ANE.

You reference site for repairs is here:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM&C/Fixing_Assets

Thank you Sailor, more information then I could ever hope for. I'm sure with both of your's help I will get this setup correctly

Back