need help regarding trainz.

WCSRTrainz

So here's the backstory to why i made this post.

Recently, I finally made the jump from TANE to TRS19.

Re-used the TANE database since i had custom stuff on there and there was also the script error previously. (this doesn't need help)

Recently, i got hit with an idling problem.

This game ceases to respond often and the database rebuild worked then.

Now, whenever i try to rebuild the database, it now idles on one asset during the faulty assets process (randomized, not specific)

i tried a fix from a different thread and it worked for a bit, but now the game needs a rebuild and refuses to play without it.

I'm out of options.

Please help.

This sounds like an issue for the help desk, but we are now into the weekend in Australia, so response may not come before Monday.

Try excluding your antivirus from scanning your TRS19.exe and your data-folder. The antivirus constantly scans files and can cause all kinds of problems including lockups.

Try excluding your antivirus from scanning your TRS19.exe and your data-folder. The antivirus constantly scans files and can cause all kinds of problems including lockups.
i mainly use the windows built-in antivirus, but ill try that when i finish getting logged into steam and reinstall trainz. (only if the reinstallation doesn't fix the issue, of course.)

I think i fixed it. Steps below.

1. Reinstall Trainz + steam ig
2. Delete/move your libraries folder as it may be corrupted (in cache)
3. make a new folder in the old one's place
4. boot Trainz, as it'll auto-rebuild.

It's still rebuilding but slower and not rapidly (pretty much normal pace) so i think i fixed the issue.

i mainly use the windows built-in antivirus, but ill try that when i finish getting logged into steam and reinstall trainz. (only if the reinstallation doesn't fix the issue, of course.)
Let's hope your other fix helps, but I would exclude those folders anyway. It'll help with performance as well because Trainz uses lots of compressed data that gets extracted at run time. Windows Defender and other antivirus/malware programs will scan each and every data-file every time the files are decompressed. This extra overhead definitely impacts performance and can also cause issues when installing updates because it'll prevent the data from being overwritten.

Let's hope your other fix helps, but I would exclude those folders anyway. It'll help with performance as well because Trainz uses lots of compressed data that gets extracted at run time. Windows Defender and other antivirus/malware programs will scan each and every data-file every time the files are decompressed. This extra overhead definitely impacts performance and can also cause issues when installing updates because it'll prevent the data from being overwritten.
Thanks for a detailed explanation on why this could occur. I can see why sometimes it may behave this way.

I think i fixed it. Steps below.

1. Reinstall Trainz + steam ig
2. Delete/move your libraries folder as it may be corrupted (in cache)
3. make a new folder in the old one's place
4. boot Trainz, as it'll auto-rebuild.

It's still rebuilding but slower and not rapidly (pretty much normal pace) so i think i fixed the issue.
My rebuild completed successfully.

Thanks to all who helped me.

Lock this thread please.

Back