Article: Trainz: A New Era Community Edition Review

As you live a tunnel there is a dark shadows on top of tunnel a the engine leave tunnel when lights are on but not when there off !!! bata maybe blame!!!

Wow, I feel privileged I have been able to start it and run it, some times frame rates become an issue but other than that no major problems as long as I stay within the limits of a very early beta...

I have installed the community version and ported several of my layouts onto it. There are dependencies missing in some assets, which I have deleted and I have got rid of most of my errors. However when I save a layout from Surveyor, I click the final YES to save, the layout noise stops after a second or two and the screen freezes. I wait for a good time and then can only exit by deleting in the computer task manager. I then restart TANE and find that the layout has saved (as long as I give it long enough to make sure). This is not a serious problem but is there a work around for this or alternatively will it be fixed?

Same problem here but with version 1.1. It was intermittent on the prior version - save or save as from the menu would sometimes work but it would work less often in the Exit Surveyor dialogue.

Here's my review: the system requirements are unacceptable. Most of us can't afford new DirectX 11-compatible graphics cards, let alone GAMING COMPUTERS.

Here's my review: the system requirements are unacceptable. Most of us can't afford new DirectX 11-compatible graphics cards, let alone GAMING COMPUTERS.

To be honest, N3V made it clear back in 2013 that it would require a DX11-capable card, as that is what the new engine requires. However, some systems that are not DX11-capable may still run it in OpenGL mode. Anyway, most reasonable systems made within the last few years should have DX11 capable graphics cards.

Shane

Last edited:
Don't know who us is but technology doesn't stop just because some can't keep up. Imagine if N3V had made it for yesterday's systems, the howls of scorn, derision and disappointment would have been deafening.

My system is a 2010-era HP desktop with a GeForce 240GT card from later in 2010 (it was the card that opened the door for my TS2010 acquisition). Is this card DX11-capable?

Also, I can never use OpenGL with T:ANE. Everytime I set it to OpenGL, it defaults back to DX and refuses to launch.

I am using a mac book pro for trainz a new era but when in the progress of installing it a page with computer code pops up. Is this safe for my laptop?

Last edited:
I am using a HP-D-17XX laptop with 16 gig ram, I-7 Intel processor and a GeForce GT 650M

So far my only issues have been slow initialization of the program and the loading of scenarios.

When I run Camtasia 8 at the same time and record the screen, it gets a little choppy.

I have not crashed it yet and seem to be running it OK given a Beta version of T:ANE.

I have not imported any scenerios from 2010 (my last version) or any legacy downloads.

Well you will all have plenty of time to play with the CE version as the disks will not be out until at least May, me I gave up the 1.1 hard to download, and is still full of bugs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to Admit this is the WORST Release Version EVER!!! IF its NOT BROKE don't FIX IT!! COMPLETE WASTE of Money & Time!!!

So are you saying you don't know how to use it? Seems that many others have had a much better experience with the same software. While it is known that unless your hardware is up to snuff, really good and not just able to run other games good, then the experience can be frustrating.

Some problems about ANE(Build 72079)

My ANE build is 72079,but there are still some problems, such as shadows,locomotive headlights and so on

I want to know that if i got the wrong way to install the CE of ANE ? I have followed the installing-instructions step by step,so what's going on...

3tb_150320135757i4wo546840.jpg

3tb_150320135757dsua546840.jpg

Screenshot form latest build (#73706)

Colors still appear washed out or too much bloom used.

hinton-tane.jpg

And also managed to kill TANE dead while doing a simple replace texture asset....something which doesn't happen in TS12 SP1. Doesn't give any error msg, just kills it totally.

An interesting issue. I went to the Surveyor - Created a new session for the KX to Edinburgh layout and went to Edit Session. In driver command I enabled Drive to Trackmark. Then I went to driver setup and the Drive to Trackmark command does not show for the selected AI Driver. The screen pops up a error message:

DriveToTrackmarkCommand : File drivetotrackmarkcommand.gs, Line 44, ER_Timeout

function
$string@DriveToTrackmarkCommand::GetKeyFromName(string), line -1
function
$void@DriveToTrackmarkCommand::AddCommandMenuItem(DriverCharacter, Menu), line 133

Anybody encountered this before and is there a fix?

TANE Build Number is 72079
Running on a Win 7 machine Core i5-2500K, 32GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 card

Back