Article: Trainz: A New Era Community Edition Review

Reached Newcastle safely, which is more than i can say for some road vehicles, the crossing barriers did not come down until i was upon them?.
There were some tall trees on left at 67.50 mls of which i have never seen the like of before.
My Graphics card struggled to draw Newcastle Station.
I have still not found out how to drive in expert mode?.
Still a long way to go, but onward and upward as they say.

Mike

Left lot's of passengers standing on the track at Newcastle, the River Tyne has no water, and all the West of Newcastle is green fields?.
Now I am stuck at a red signal 198.1 mls, and just outside York. I have been stuck here for 40mins, if I pass the red signal the Session ends.
Message says the line ahead is unsignalled.
I think i am going to ask for my money back.

Fed up.

purenostalgia - I assume you are aware that the Community Edition is not the final product.

Have you raised your bugs in the T:ANE Errors thread in the Trainz:A New Era + Kickstarter forum? If not, N3V are not going to be aware of your issues and are not going to be able to fix them.

Shane

Thanks Shane, it is a bit annoying driving almost 200 miles and looking forward to passing through my favourite railway station, only to be foiled in the final few miles.
I will do as you suggest and post my finding in the other forum. apart from the last few lines.

Mike

I think it has potential, I was not aware what they call a community edition is actually an early alpha with only a couple of things functional.
A little disappointed, yes, but it can be great if they finish it right and get all the new little details ironed out.
It looks pretty, sounds are good to me but as far as function goes I will wait and see.

I have decided to not download the community edition of TANES. I will wait for the boxed edition and see how that goes. Unfortunately it does not look good for getting a proper running simulation after a very long download. I have hopes for February.

Like everybody else,I have mixed reaction to TANE,its all been said already,you can't add any content of your own that you have used in other versions of trains.It is very hit and miss.sometimes when loading scenarios,items are missing,such as track, get glitches in the tunnels,i.e. see through in parts.so you can see the landscape above the tunnel.Carriages seem to disappear then reappear when driving on some routes.I've had it crash on me three times whilst driving along on the ECML route.
A very mixed bag me thinks

Not all of you will know about the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway. The DHR. It was built for TRS2004 and since then been progressively updated to TS12 standards. No cosmetic changes, just the ones required by CM rules.

I don't agree with the previous posts suggesting that it is not possible to bring older content into T:ane.

T:ane will download and accept TS12 content and will run sessions exactly as designed so long ago. The DHR and all its content downloaded from the DLS without a hitch, no errors, no warnings. Despite the billboard trees, the route looks better in T:ane than it did in TS12. it runs better, no jerks or stutters.

If you are having problems with T:ane, perhaps you have to look at your system or the content you are trying to load.

I must admit that it bugs me when people winge about T:ane and 'all of its faults' when it was clearly stated that this was a a Beta release not the finished version.

Peter

We are trying to run Build 70957 on a Win 7 Build 7601 running on an i5-2410 w/ 6Gb RAM. The previous versions of Trainz ran fine but we get an error "Renderer initializations has failed" error and despite all attempts, (following all forum suggestions), we can't get it to run - any ideas? Any ideas?

We are trying to run Build 70957 on a Win 7 Build 7601 running on an i5-2410 w/ 6Gb RAM. The previous versions of Trainz ran fine but we get an error "Renderer initializations has failed" error and despite all attempts, (following all forum suggestions), we can't get it to run - any ideas? Any ideas?

Does your Graphics card meet the minimum requirements? as that error says it probably does not.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?116406-T-ANE-install-issue

I have very old GPU and I got the same message initially.

I changed the General/settings renderer to OpenGL and ran an asset rebuild. This worked for me with the exception that many built-in assets were in the open for edit condition after the rebuild.

I reverted them to original and it all works as long as I run in a minimized screen size. Full screen causes my GPU to fail.

Cheers.

Just had to leave my comment Was involved with prebeta and beta now CE I accept the fact that in reality its still beta but on my system it has more problems than its predecessors is this a step backwards or taking out bugs for one system adds them to others. My only hope is that when I get my edition of T:ANE it works. just as a matter of interest I have trainz on my system and it runs sweet as

Newby, but the download was perfect, the program runs on all standard settings. Downloaded a Route of my own successfully.Some compatabily problems as usual with assets W 8.1 , 8g ram 64 bit AQMD A8-7200 Radeon 8 cores

I have the Community Edition installed and all appears to run fine with the exception of the Database repair. I gets as far as checking for deleted assets, and just sits there indicating that it is working according to the BAR indicator. Thinking that it was working I tried letting it run overnight, but to my surprise, it was still at the same position come morning, and the folder count still had not incremented as expected.

It initially took several downloads of the software before I could get it as far as I have.

The problem with the database repair did not take effect until I imported a small route from TS12. As far as running the route goes, it worked fine after taking out the kinks and missing assets, some of which of course were replaced by downloading them in TANE.

I have the Community Edition installed and all appears to run fine with the exception of the Database repair. I gets as far as checking for deleted assets, and just sits there indicating that it is working according to the BAR indicator. Thinking that it was working I tried letting it run overnight, but to my surprise, it was still at the same position come morning, and the folder count still had not incremented as expected.

I have the identical problem. In fact I was going to post the almost identical paragraph as above.

I can continue using the game and Content Manager just as long as I keep the database repair window open. I just minimize it and keep on Trainzing.
If I close the repair window the game will not respond until after I reboot my PC.

Cheers

I...

I can continue using the game and Content Manager just as long as I keep the database repair window open. I just minimize it and keep on Trainzing.
If I close the repair window the game will not respond until after I reboot my PC.

Cheers
A known issue with a simple solution. Empty your TANE Cache/Internet folder, the Repair will then complete. If you changed the default instal location, you'll have to look for it.See the TANE discussions for more information.

As for not importing previous asset, not true! Do it constantly to test my older creations and to note areas that need improvement.

Last edited:
I have installed the community version and ported several of my layouts onto it. There are dependencies missing in some assets, which I have deleted and I have got rid of most of my errors. However when I save a layout from Surveyor, I click the final YES to save, the layout noise stops after a second or two and the screen freezes. I wait for a good time and then can only exit by deleting in the computer task manager. I then restart TANE and find that the layout has saved (as long as I give it long enough to make sure). This is not a serious problem but is there a work around for this or alternatively will it be fixed?

However when I save a layout from Surveyor, I click the final YES to save, the layout noise stops after a second or two and the screen freezes. I wait for a good time and then can only exit by deleting in the computer task manager. I then restart TANE and find that the layout has saved (as long as I give it long enough to make sure). This is not a serious problem but is there a work around for this or alternatively will it be fixed?

I've had the same problem. Sessions seem to be OK but routes will often freeze on save.
The workaround is to 'save as' instead of 'save'. Just let TANE overwrite the route. Don't change the title, of course.

Cheers

Back