Article: Trainz: A New Era Community Edition Review

Hi all just finished loading about three hours ago the new boxed collectors edition, nearly a 12 months wait and $140 light in my pocket. really it is nothing more than the CE version, I hope that it has all the bugs gone. No new content nowhere near as much as 2010 or 2012 and if you bough duchess, coronation, TT1 they will not work in this at all.
If you are wanting to just drive or sit in a cab for hours in some thing that some one else as created well then you may be happy, but for those who want to create, you have only a few locos to pick from. so big disappointment, not worth $149.

Good Morning Aussepom
No new content nowhere near as much as 2010 or 2012 and if you bough duchess, coronation, TT1 they will not work in this at all.
The routes/content included with T:ANE are those that were advertised. Due to the extremely large size of T:ANE, we cannot include all legacy content with it as this would require us to almost double the size of T:ANE over the current version, which is simply not viable for us to do.

In regards to the DLC packs, at this time only the PRR T-1 and Aerotrain DLC packs are available for download. We will be releasing all other DLC packs as soon as possible, however it may take a little time for some packs if they need updating or experience issues in T:ANE.

Keep in mind that you still have full access to the Download Station, and as such you still have the same range of content available to you. We are also currently in the process of making all of the built-in TS12 content (excluding routes at this stage) to the DLS.

Regards

does anyone know how to actually change the renderer? I have the downloaded version of TANE and get the same "rendering failed" message.

Here's what my log said

? Renderer initialization has failed.
- Details follow:
- Type: Failure initializing Graphics API.
- Summary: Failed to create DirectX device and swap chain.
- Details: DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED"The specified device interface or feature level is not supported on this system".
Windows version info 6.1.7601 (S)
- File: ..\..\engine\RenderDirectX11\RenderServerManagerDirectX11.cpp:203
- Type: Unspecific generic initialization failure.
- Summary: Failed to initialize the global device.
- Details: (null)
- File: ..\..\engine\RenderServer\RenderServerManager.cpp:292
- Type: Unspecific generic initialization failure.
- Summary: Failed to initialize the renderer.
- Details: (null)
- File: ..\..\engine\RenderServer\RenderServerManager.cpp:1436

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

What is your hardware? Looks like your GPU (video card) doesn't support DX11. How to change? - Get a new card that does support DX11. If this is a laptop, the chances of doing that are rather slim.

Back