Animated water

psteg

Good evening all.

I have been looking through the Net with little to no results. I have also been to Download Manager.

What I am looking for is water that is animated. Both in river form and large body form. Any pay or free site will be much appreciated. I have found one (Trainzone.com) but am waiting on them to get back to me.

Also while you are here. How do you shut off running engines? I park my Locos (Steam) and the keep running. Is there a way to turn them off?

Thank You
Pieter

Animated water, with varying degrees of "roughness" is already built into the game.

Check out this video. It's for TS2010, but I think it will be the same for your version.

The piece on how to add water starts at 00:49

Thank you Mezzoprezzo.

Unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I have already made a couple of very nice layouts using the spline waters, paint waters and the method shown on the clip. What I am looking for are rapids that actually move or water ripples that actually ripple etc.

Thank you for the time and effort you spent in responding to my question, it is very much appreciated.

Pieter

Thank you Mezzoprezzo.

Unfortunately this is not what I am looking for. I have already made a couple of very nice layouts using the spline waters, paint waters and the method shown on the clip. What I am looking for are rapids that actually move or water ripples that actually ripple etc.

Thank you for the time and effort you spent in responding to my question, it is very much appreciated.

Pieter

There were some that worked in old versions of Trainz, most don't in 2010 or TS12, there are a few though, careful with any payware animated rivers for that reason, they may not work in TS12. Off the top of my head try looking for rapids, stream ,whitewater or rapids on the DLS. I think most were by cyberstorm. Try them on a blank board first as some are extremely difficult to position or remove. Some for some odd reason appear in surveyor in the track tab not in the spline one if you install and can't find them.

Edit: add waterfalls to the list.

whitewater set and 40m,80m rapids by cyberstorm trz2.4 work with no errors in trz 12+
Search #78193
Some are built in
I just checked on blank board
Watch out his steam and mist effects are almost impossible to position.
I wish someone would make a new set PW or free

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I will try those. What about part 2 of my question, is there a way to stop engines from running when they are parked off to the side or in the Engine House?

Thanks
Pieter

You can not just stop a steam loco.

Poop and dagnabbit :=)

Psteg, To clearify Whitepasses comment, in the REAL world, you can not just "turn off" a Steam Loco...they have a fire that burns to heat water to make steam...even if you put the fire out, the boiler remains HOT for many hours...creating steam for a good portion of that time.
-There is no way to "simulate" something that can not happen for real.

--SOME Diesel locos do have a way to turn them off in the sim...Check out the Jointed Rail website.

Maybe what Peter was asking is not to instantly shut down steamers, but to "disable" some inside the roundhouse to give the appearance they're not currently or recently been used. I think this thread might have useful information http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...to-Static-Objects&highlight=convert+trackside.

Cheerio,
Nicholas

Good evening all.

Also while you are here. How do you shut off running engines? I park my Locos (Steam) and the keep running. Is there a way to turn them off?

Thank You
Pieter

Just going by what the guy actually wrote. I'm not a mind reader.

Thanks guys and sorry to not make myself clear. All I would like to do is have any Engine that is parked in a yard or Engine House and not being used to look like they are not being used. An Engine stops running when you clean out the boilers or do repairs. Sometimes an Engine will sit in the yard for long periods of time without being used. That is what I am looking for. And if it means going into a config file or the likes, I would just like to know how to do that without blowing up the computer or turning off the power in my city.

An update on the moving water. I just installed Murchison 2 and it has many of the type of moving water I was looking for. This is a great add that has been done exceptionally well. My hat is off to Michael Sutton for his fine work.

Thanks everyone.
Pieter

Last edited:
Pieter,

If you are looking for something that will sit in a shed or on a siding permanently, then you can create a scenery object. This is easily done by copying (cloning) the train asset first, then editing the config.txt file to make it no different than a building or house. You will also have to do the to the bogies as well since scenery objects don't like bogies. I did this to create some stuff equipment for a tourist attraction near a station. I have a small steam locomotive and an old trolley car sitting there on a piece of track.

I suggest looking at another scenery object, or looking up in the Trainz Wiki, for the category code for scenery objects. You will then have to remove the engine-specs, horn sound, and other things that are unneeded for a stationary object.

Hope this helps a bit.

John

Back