The NEW Simulator Central site is broken and no support

I bought 2012 and settle and carlisle yesterday and coronation scot today i've had no problems downloading them with firefox,
except that I paused two files on 2012, when I tried to restart them the download link was broken and had to lose one of my
ten downloads.
I received the keycodes yesterday for the two I bought within minutes. however no keycode has arrived for the coronation scot or acknowledgement.

Perhaps the website is having problems:

Check your Planet Auran account and your purchase history. Your codes should be in there as well as the link to the original downloads. That is unless they've changed things since the new Simulator Trains website has been started up.

John

Sorry to hear about your d/loading problem, I wonder which Richard Head designed that new store web site for N3V Games. My problem is, I bought a few item from the new web site too, I received PayPal's notice/email that I paid for these after checking out from my shopping cart to pay for these. I also was redirected back after buying and paying to that infernal web site BUT where are the d/load links there? Where the hell can I d/load the stuff I paid for? I did NOT receive any acknowledgement/email with any possible d/load links from N3V Games that I just bought these items, remember, my shopping cart is STILL now today showing the items I bought and paid for as STILL ready for d/load, the items I just paid for yesterday. My email address IS also registered with THAT web site.

So, what the hell IS GOING ON? This brings me back to my other complaint I posted yesterday, what bl**dy Micky Mouse operation is this? Does no one on their side ever test that web site, the web pages etc., if these are working correctly BEFORE letting it loose on us?

Please DO NOT SAY the problem is on my side, I checked my Spam folder, no email from that store web site that I even bought these items. My ISP DOES NOT filter my Hotmail mailbox, as confirmed with them. Why didn't I get any confirmation of this from N3V Games after paying my good money. The invoice I was shown after getting redirected from PayPal did show one password for Murchison's after I got redirected back to that web site but that is all I can see on it. No d/load information, no nothing. No information of this transaction either in my "Planet Auran" profile or content. Why not? After all, this IS Trainz related and is their store, to which I get directed to if pressing the "Store/Shop" button in my "Planet Auran" profile there. So, one web page tells you that you bought these items (new web site N3V Games) but the other related N3V Games web site (my AURAN profile) does not want to know of it. Just dandy!!! Who designs such web sites? My 10 year old son could have done a better job, me thinks.

I am giving up with this stupid business, I might ask PayPal too to refund me as this whole affair with this web site is beyond a bl**dy joke.

You people saying "it is working for me" are not addressing the issue, it bl**dy does not work for me, neither does it for some others. Just to give you an example the problem I have with d/loading from the AURAN/N3V DLS, I only d/load via FTP if and when I can d/load. I have a "lifelong" FCT but 9 out of 10 times d/loading from there will stop ANY d/load after a couple of 100kb and not continue with it. Every now and then I can restart the d/load but then this stops again after a short burst of a few seconds but then I get the dreaded message, can not read from server/source and any subsequent d/loads will not respond. Although I MUST BE SUCCESSFULLY logged in as my "login deamon" there tells me "I am successfully logged in, cookie set, bl**dy etc." but why such hassles with d/loads there? It seems N3V Games is using a similar d/load procedure from the new store web site. I know this is unrelated to the above problem BUT any web site with d/loadable content MUST make it easier for people having issues d/loading, whatever the reason.

Not so cheery

VinnyBarb

I bought 2012 and settle and carlisle yesterday and coronation scot today i've had no problems downloading them with firefox,
except that I paused two files on 2012, when I tried to restart them the download link was broken and had to lose one of my
ten downloads.
I received the keycodes yesterday for the two I bought within minutes. however no keycode has arrived for the coronation scot or acknowledgement.

Perhaps the website is having problems:

Go back to the site and look at your orders. Click on the order and it will give you the serial number, cut and paste it to a safe place.

Cheerio John

Sorry to hear about your d/loading problem, I wonder which Richard Head designed that new store web site for N3V Games. My problem is, I bought a few item from the new web site too, I received PayPal's notice/email that I paid for these after checking out from my shopping cart to pay for these. I also was redirected back after buying and paying to that infernal web site BUT where are the d/load links there? Where the hell can I d/load the stuff I paid for? I did NOT receive any acknowledgement/email with any possible d/load links from N3V Games that I just bought these items, remember, my shopping cart is STILL now today showing the items I bought and paid for as STILL ready for d/load, the items I just paid for yesterday. My email address IS also registered with THAT web site.

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/cont...and-download-products-in-SimualtorCentral-com

Steps 13 and 14 I think address one of your issues.

Hope that helps.

Cheerio John

http://forums.auran.com/trainz/cont...and-download-products-in-SimualtorCentral-com

Steps 13 and 14 I think address one of your issues.

Hope that helps.

Cheerio John

I don't think you are getting it. I can open my recent order page on the new shopping site where ALL I bought is listed, where it says:
Order #100000576 - Complete

listed their is also the Invoice link which shows:

invoice #100000474

with all I bought neatly listed. I can not see nor find ANY download information nor that page showing which you refer to above.

It shows who I have paid the money to (PayPal) it says Order complete

but where the blazes is that d/load information? My email address is correct, how else would I receive every other day something or other Spam mail from AURAN/N3V? But NO, I repeat again, NO COMFIRMATION EMAIL nor DLoad Instructions received. Nor is there any info in my old Planet AURAN page that I actually bought the above items although every other page above tells me I did. Why wont it show there, it is still the same company? That is what I am PI$$ED OFF about. I can not be more cleared than that. To top it off, I am leaving in half an hour and will not be back home for about a week. Where I go to, no Internet access either, so it was not a very productive weekend for me as I could do WITHOUT this cr@p with my condition.

Just to show you how DUMB and STUPID people at AURAN/N3V are, where Tony Hilliam announced the new shopping web site, why couldn't he place the link to it in this announcement there? Oh no, you have to click on another link to another page to find out where this bl**dy web site is. How silly, dumb and stupid is that?

Almost 24 hours after I placed the order and paid for it, still no confirmation email from AURAN/N3V nor from N3V Games.

Not so cheery

VinnyBarb

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot, my shopping cart on that web site today STILL shows the content I "bought and paid for" so I can check out and pay for it, although I already completed the sale yesterday. Another "Rooster up" by the ones that designed that web site.

VinnyBarb

Launching a brand new site a couple days before the weekend and not having anyone on "duty" for the weekend is just lame. Even if the president of the company has to monitor the help requests and this forum would be a smart move. After all, are then not in business to make a profit and not irrate the customers?

Launching a brand new site a couple days before the weekend and not having anyone on "duty" for the weekend is just lame. Even if the president of the company has to monitor the help requests and this forum would be a smart move. After all, are then not in business to make a profit and not irrate the customers?

Sounds daft but Trainz always has been a mixture of the community and Auran or N3V as it now is. Practically all the content has come from the community, many of the significant advances have come from the community, and you normally get faster replies to queries for the forum than helpdesk, its not perfect, but in an odd sort of way it works.

I think your issue at the moment is because of your internet connection and choice of software you have run unfortunately through your ten downloads and need the counter to be reset, again unfortunately only the helpdesk can do that, I think some one else has given you the method of how to contact the helpdesk.

Tony Hilliam has been monitoring the forum this weekend and has been instrumental in getting the prices reset on the web site. I think I've also seen a couple of posts from other members of the Trainz team over the weekend so they are around. If each copy of Trainz sold for a million dollars and they sold the same number of copies as they do today volume wise then I'm quite certain their Help desk would be manned 7/24. Reality is Trainz doesn't sell for a million a copy, and help desk does take time to respond to queries.

I'd recommend a little patience as people get the bugs sorted out and a better set of instructions on how to use the web site sorted out as well.

Cheerio John

I don't think you are getting it. I can open my recent order page on the new shopping site where ALL I bought is listed, where it says:
Order #100000576 - Complete

listed their is also the Invoice link which shows:

invoice #100000474

with all I bought neatly listed. I can not see nor find ANY download information nor that page showing which you refer to above.

It shows who I have paid the money to (PayPal) it says Order complete

but where the blazes is that d/load information? My email address is correct, how else would I receive every other day something or other Spam mail from AURAN/N3V? But NO, I repeat again, NO COMFIRMATION EMAIL
nor DLoad Instructions received. Nor is there any info in my old Planet AURAN page that I actually bought the above items although every other page above tells me I did. Why wont it show there, it is still the same company? That is what I am PI$$ED OFF about. I can not be more cleared than that. To top it off, I am leaving in half an hour and will not be back home for about a week. Where I go to, no Internet access either, so it was not a very productive weekend for me as I could do WITHOUT this cr@p with my condition.

Just to show you how DUMB and STUPID people at AURAN/N3V are, where Tony Hilliam announced the new shopping web site, why couldn't he place the link to it in this announcement there? Oh no, you have to click on another link to another page to find out where this bl**dy web site is. How silly, dumb and stupid is that?

Almost 24 hours after I placed the order and paid for it, still no confirmation email from AURAN/N3V nor from N3V Games.

Not so cheery

VinnyBarb

Maybe the site doesn't like your attitude.....:cool: I know, it is getting on my nerves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand bug fixes, but in the first few days of launch it's just good business to have someone monitor the site and handle issues.

I downloaded TS12 yesterday and only had one problem. The exe file was corrupt so I just downloaded it again and worked great! I am using chrome, so I do not know if that helps or not.

Was life good the day before you ordered it? You could live without it before then....why not now? It's all about me...I want it now and I don't want to hear any reason why I can't have it now....everybody's a poop head because I can't have it now!!! I don't care if you've got it!! It's not about you! It's about meeeee!!! The one who posted with the huge fonts, who I won't mention, but rhymes with vinnybarb...I pictured that person lying on the floor kicking and screaming and having a real tantrum. How embarrassing....and from a trainzer who's been around a while and knows how this works....especially on weekends....

Was life good the day before you ordered it? You could live without it before then....why not now? It's all about me...I want it now and I don't want to hear any reason why I can't have it now....everybody's a poop head because I can't have it now!!! I don't care if you've got it!! It's not about you! It's about meeeee!!! The one who posted with the huge fonts, who I won't mention, but rhymes with vinnybarb...I pictured that person lying on the floor kicking and screaming and having a real tantrum. How embarrassing....and from a trainzer who's been around a while and knows how this works....especially on weekends....

Even my grandson when he was 5 didn't carry on like that.......;)

Just keep drinking the koolaide Sourdough and the owner of auran that paid someone good money to build a working classy website will never know its not working. Yes, somebody got paid in real money, not simulated money to do the work. It is faulty and needs fixed. I can live without it, though it was a gift for my grandsons birthday which got missed. He knows that its coming so I guess thats ok. I just love how people need to defend bad work. The whole point is good SMART business dictates when you launch something brand new, you monitor and nuture it to minimize problems, not just take your weekend and hope it drives itself. Another thing is for everyone that complains, there are probably 50 that didn't or just gave up and didn't make a purchase.

Last edited:
Of course to be fair for every one that had a problem there could be fifty that didn't, personally I made two separate purchases and no problem with either of then although others obviously have. If anything good comes out of this, hopefully whoever is responsible has learned an important lesson.

Tony Hilliam is on the case of the vanishing shop now anyhow and has posted in one of the other threads. Now how about the missing days in Content Manager for which the recommended fix of running an EDR makes even worse ......... ;)

I tried to put in a trouble ticket thru the simulator central earlier because I bought the PRR set and still haven't received a serial number for it... when I filled out the trouble ticket and hit send the site told me that function wasn't available and to try again later... now the site is down...

Going to fill out a trouble ticket the old fashioned way.....

I make it a habit not to help those who are having difficulties with downloads.

If it is N3V's fault, they are justified in being annoyed (though not abusive). If it's their own fault then they don't want to know and will still be annoyed. If you try to help and fail, you just get told to stop interfering. If you try to help and succeed, well you may get some thanks, but I wouldn't bet on it.

And whatever you do, never say you have succeeded in what they are failing to do. No really, don't.

Back