Destroyer

Welcome back!
My contribution to the destroyers theme.
This is not the destroyer but rather a "pocket destroyer" - Flower class corvette - USS "Saucy"
miniatura.php

bbb.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Marek_2,
Not sure what you mea by 'Welcome back'... I haven't been anywhere...

I did a corvette a short while ago but another is most welcome. They were mainly used by the Canadians abd British during WWII,

Sean,
Thanks for helping the other person to find my content on TPR. Anybody new to that site seem to have problems but once you're used to it then finding stuff is easier.

As a break I am creating the hull(s) of South Dakota, in fact I think I have them more or less done. I'll fill in the superstructure a bit at a time.

The other option is the Italian fleet, they had some really beautiful ship but mostly they lacked radar and got caught by the British fleet a few times because of it.

Blessings,

Angela

Maybe I written badly.. - "Welcome back group". so it would be properly
I used to do a lot of ships for TRS - a few years ago.( search in forum ) I still have the models of "Baltimore" (CA-68), V-class destroyer, "Colorado" (B-45), USS San Jacinto (CVL-30)
Now I saw the topic and ...... it's first new model for TRS
burta2jpg_nhpqsxs.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, I might have to find those ships you did Marek, my US fleet is still a bit "short-staffed". Not sure where I'd find some Italian ships, if you could help me locate a few that'd be great. I'll do a search myself soon, but right now I'm a bit busy downloading 100 or so trees for my routes, so it'll probably be a while before my downloads window is cleared up, even if they are just 180 kb or so a piece. Then, it'll be grasses, shrubs, and rocks...

Hi Marek_2,
I see now, but I was not in that group way back then (if it was way back that is).
I started building ships because there were practically no British ones on the DS apart from the Oberon sub maybe.
Like your corvette though, very nice. You should look out the others and put those in here as well, all the more the merrier I say. Anything to do with ships is right up my street.
The Polish fighters in WWII did man some of the British destroyers during that conflict as well as Spitfire squadrons, very brave men and they fought like cat and dog with the Germans. There are a lot os Polish people over in the UK right now, very nice people too.
Why did you choose American ships? Just curious.

Sean,
I am not sure if there are any Italian ships on the Ds or anywhere else for that matter. Maybe I should correct that sometime in the future. I think the best known was the Vittorio Veneto, a battleship I believe, and there was a cruiser called the Pola as well. Maybe an Italian member will come in and enlighten us with a few more.... I said they were lovely ships, and they were even though they were our enemies at that time. The lines and proportions were just right and they were so sleek. But then so were a lot of ours and the American ships. The South Dakota lines are really nice, the way that bow swings up is perfect. I just hope I have it right....

Angela

Angela

"Why did you choose American ships? Just curious "
This is an English ship, flower class corvette
Do you want to fleets of other countries?
Imperial Russian Navy Riurik
n_a

Imperial Russian Navy Russia

n_a

HMS Rodney
n_a

I'm afraid that I couldn't get any phots of HMS Bristol this weekend, thanks to the heightened security status at the moment. Excellent was full of drillies, though, as it seems to be a focus for those practising for the street lining on Wednesday.

I'm afraid that I couldn't get any phots of HMS Bristol this weekend, thanks to the heightened security status at the moment. Excellent was full of drillies, though, as it seems to be a focus for those practising for the street lining on Wednesday.

Oh well, never mind, you can only try and I don't want you getting yourself into trouble. There may be another more convenient days in the future.

Angela

Hi all ship fans,
At least the problem that prevented the Exeter from being sent up to the DS has been resolved with the help of a person in a group I belong to, so thanks Chris for spotting where it was.
The ship/asset has now been sent to both the TPR (2004, although it will still show in later versions) or the DS where it is a v 2.9 bit of kit (content in other words). The DS is a bit slower in processing so it may be a little while before it is available.
Both have different kuids so can be Imported side-by-side if you wish.

Angela

Can't find it on TPR. Perhaps it's not up yet... Oh well, I'll pick it up when it is. I need to get my Winzip back up and running, then head over to MilitaryTrainz, found a huge variety of Japanese and German ships there. More than enough for two fleets. Might have to get a few US ships from them too (Before I didn't get them because they were way out of my era), because with that many ships, the battle I have planned is going to be painful. Lots of beatin', bangin', and ships sinkin'. I don't see many ships making it out of this one from either side.

The N3V DS has confirmed this as accepted so should be up soon if it already isn't.

Please do not download the TPR one, that fault still exists if you load it into 2010/12. I am in the process of making a '2' CDP so that should replace and obsolete the previous one.
I just loaded it into 2010 both as Content and as a CDP and it went in error free this time. Just awaiting confirmation from a remote PC (somebosy else's PC in other words) and then I'll upload to TPR again once I am sure it works - I thought it did.... as a 2004 asset again.

Angela

I need some clear plans for the USS South Dakota. The pictures I have are too messy i.e. too great a distance and too complicated, all the detail merges and I cannot see the wood for the trees.

Can anybody help please? I have started the ship but need line drawing or similar before I can continue.

Angela

Oh no! I tried to download the HMS Exeter off of TPR (the new one), but when I hit the download button, it only pulls up the thumbnail. I've only just now made an account on their forum, so I can't tell them what's going on, so can someone please inform them so they can fix it? In the mean time, looks like I'm off to the DLS.

hi angela
mate, as usual you done a brilliant job.

i cant find the last 4 ships on tpr, as usual.

any ideas what wrong with their site.
i tried dl another asset, and even with the right click and save, it wouldn't come down
i guess i'll have to wait until the dls shows it up

cheers mate

ron

Angelah,
Great work on the ships, several have been handy as some of the classes built were operated by the RAN so they have been handy for my aussie map.

Also this link might help with BB-57 USS South Dakota. http://www.navsource.org/archives/01/57a.htm

Us naval ships in general.

http://www.navsource.org/archives/

Ghosty

Hi Ghosty,
Thanks for those links, have them bookmarked now so I can return and gaze in wonder and awe.

Getting on with the Hood at the moment, she got left in the dust a bit so deserves a bit more attention.

Angela

Oh no! I tried to download the HMS Exeter off of TPR (the new one), but when I hit the download button, it only pulls up the thumbnail. I've only just now made an account on their forum, so I can't tell them what's going on, so can someone please inform them so they can fix it? In the mean time, looks like I'm off to the DLS.

PM me with your mail address and I'll send it. If you're using 2009 then the one on the Trainz DS is the one you want, a 2010 CDP.

The one on the TPR was okay for 2004 but would throw a wobbler in later versions of Trainz. I sent a new one up late last night, a 'kuid 2' asset that should replace the old one.

I'll look through those links today and many thanks for listing them for me.

Angela

One person has informed me that the 2004 config for the HMS Daring CDP has corrupted, this is the one on the TPR Depot.
I have checked mine and it's fine but it may have got messed up in the transfers from me to TPR and from the TPR Depot to you.
So if anybody has noticed such a problem can they please let me know and I will redo the config and save out again as a 'kuid 2' asset.

Angela

Back