K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Probably why neither of those items lasted very long. The first 5 P4a's came with both, and eventually the second group of 5 P4b's came with only sky-lining, and both ended up off shortly after. All the skylining does is add semi streamlining and prevent dirt from getting on stuff, but in the end it just adds more work to the maintenance in those areas. As for the deflectors, they added them super tight to the smokebox so they didnt hinder the engineer/fireman's view, but with little room for draft, they didn't work very well.

One thing I noticed is that the P4 skyline casing doesn't go over the entire engine, unlike a few other skyline casing engines, like this
spac9-coal1.jpg

And this
k41188s.JPG

And also this
8772.1136988000.jpg

I'm not aware of any post steam-era decapod double headers....the only two i've known of that have operated are Strasburg's 90 and the IRMs 1630.

Not in post steam era US but back in the day it would have happened frequently in some places. The Gainesville Midland, for example, frequently double headed their 2-10-0's

Yea back in the day it happened hundreds of times a day amongst all the different railroads. But I don't know if any other decapods have even ran since steam ended in the 50s other than SRC 90 and SL&SF 1630.

8276686216_d60a614a55_b.jpg

Any tips how to add in the smoke deflectors for the PM Berkshire? That's what I want to know, so the PM Berkshire from K&L looks way cooler-

Any tips how to add in the smoke deflectors for the PM Berkshire? That's what I want to know, so the PM Berkshire from K&L looks way cooler-

I think Evilcrow might know that one, there was a couple of posts with a modded Berkshire. I think Steve also said something about that a few pages back. All i know is its a mesh attachment thing which i have no experience with.

I think Evilcrow might know that one, there was a couple of posts with a modded Berkshire. I think Steve also said something about that a few pages back. All i know is its a mesh attachment thing which i have no experience with.
I remember a while back I asked Evilcrow in a private message how to do it and he sent me a attachment code to put into the config file which auto creates the smoke deflectors. If I can find the code, I would gladly PM you it and tell you step by step how to do it. But for now, I have to deal with schoolwork.

Back