K&L Trainz Steam Locomotive pics!

Two pictures of a Glorious Pacific

I like both liveries, but the black and white version is reskin bait! Nickel Plate Road/Erie/Baltimore & Ohio/New York Central/C&EI/Wabash/Monon/Frisco/etc. Sure there's no appropriate details for the roads aforementioned, but that's a relatively minor issue.

(the RR's in bold would nicely complement the loco's/RR's that Steve has previously made and wouldn't be too inaccurate).

Not saying I don't like the original black and white scheme, but I just think it looks basic, the red stripe and speed lettering give it accents that make you look at it. Its like their subtle version of the N&W J with a red stripe right down the middle, except they took it one step farther....white walls! lol

Promo scenes are all done, finishing up the skylining and then I can just about call the modeling part of the project complete. New dual processor and PCIe SSD drive are on the way to boost performance and then i'll shoot the promo and it'll be done.

Need to make sure I can get both 3713 and 630 done this year, so while I wait for the new hardware, i've been getting a jump start on 630. More on that later.

I like both liveries, but the black and white version is reskin bait! Nickel Plate Road/Erie/Baltimore & Ohio/New York Central/C&EI/Wabash/Monon/Frisco/etc. Sure there's no appropriate details for the roads aforementioned, but that's a relatively minor issue.

(the RR's in bold would nicely complement the loco's/RR's that Steve has previously made and wouldn't be too inaccurate).
I actually agree with this.

When I first saw the engine come up on the projects page, I instantly was thinking in my head, "Definitely gonna be a good generic steamer to use if I ever want to make some model RR's or use it for the P&A!"

​Cannot wait Steve!

Its like their subtle version of the N&W J with a red stripe right down the middle, except they took it one step farther....white walls! lol

And even they were kinda basic when unstreamlined
NW05562.jpg

Need to make sure I can get both 3713 and 630 done this year, so while I wait for the new hardware, i've been getting a jump start on 630. More on that later.

What lovely timing, just as out real angel heads in for her annual, virtual 630 can take the stage, with all the spotlight.

Saturnr

Im going to be the weird one here and admit that I kinda like the Class J better without the full streamlining.

Im going to be the weird one here and admit that I kinda like the Class J better without the full streamlining.

I don't love it better, I love it the same! It looks just as good as the streamlined version and it kind of looks like a 4-8-2 Mohawk from the NYC.

Here is a photo of one, I spent 5 min filled with indecision that Mohawk was the name of it.

nyc2967.jpg

The B&M P4 family as of now.....still more work to be done

3 versions of the engine:

- V1 with sky-lining and optional smoke deflections
- V2 without sky-lining but with optional smoke deflectors
- V3 with white walls, red stripe and speed lettering, and with optional name plaque

f7e9bdac0c7e6a2627e93495da511275.jpg

Probably why neither of those items lasted very long. The first 5 P4a's came with both, and eventually the second group of 5 P4b's came with only sky-lining, and both ended up off shortly after. All the skylining does is add semi streamlining and prevent dirt from getting on stuff, but in the end it just adds more work to the maintenance in those areas. As for the deflectors, they added them super tight to the smokebox so they didnt hinder the engineer/fireman's view, but with little room for draft, they didn't work very well.

Back