US Track for 2012: is there a concensus yet?

Euphod

No Friend requests please
US Track for 2012: is there a consensus yet?

Have we determined the best track asset to us for building a US line, preferably with wood ties, based on appearance and performance?
Any route builders that have tested various track assets would be welcome to post here.
I know there are several "favorite" assets, such as JR's track, but if you have done any research on different types that are on the DLS, I would appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Ed,

Look at the track by SAM. This track is nicely detailed and has nice performance.

No official testing, but no issues with loading or stutters either even with lots of scenery. I use it myself. :)

John

John, I downloaded some SAM track, but had to leave the home before I could test it. Can you tell me that it's standard gauge? I remember the description said "Polish Track", so now I'm wondering. Thanks.

Euphod,
I have used the SAM track before and it is standard gauge. There are few others that I have used that just as good but I can't remember their names at the moment. I'll have to get back to you on the names of the other tracks.

I found on the DLS some track called "ORIGINALDGREY" has a variety of ballasts,ties and rail shades of usage.,
I believe its a chunky mesh and looks pretty good.
Im surprised I havent noticed it before seein it being a v2.0 asset.........
Im using it on 2010 and frame rates no problems with it at all............

John, I downloaded some SAM track, but had to leave the home before I could test it. Can you tell me that it's standard gauge? I remember the description said "Polish Track", so now I'm wondering. Thanks.

Hi Ed,

This is all standard gauge track. The wood-junction track looks really nice too. :)

John

Hi, I still like the MP track, both wood and concrete. There is something weird with the kuids though they are both on the DLS. MP track wood v2 kuid2:69871:2004:2 and MP track concrete kuid2:68787:38013:12.

Cheers,
Bill69

Look at the track by SAM.

Ditto! Comes in a million varieties, but watch out for the hi-poly! It is absolutely splendid, but does eat up performance. The lo-poly stuff though is imho the best track to date in Trainz. Good looking but smooth as silk even in large yards. The track is based on European practice and is not absolutely correct for USA track in regards to tie spacing or the tie/track attachment but in anything other than a dead-set close up the difference is hardly noticeable.

Andy

EDIT: It is 'SAM' track, but the creator is 'samplaire'. Most on he DLS, but his website has other versions also...

Ditto! Comes in a million varieties, but watch out for the hi-poly! It is absolutely splendid, but does eat up performance. The lo-poly stuff though is imho the best track to date in Trainz. Good looking but smooth as silk even in large yards. The track is based on European practice and is not absolutely correct for USA track in regards to tie spacing or the tie/track attachment but in anything other than a dead-set close up the difference is hardly noticeable.

Andy

EDIT: It is 'SAM' track, but the creator is 'samplaire'. Most on he DLS, but his website has other versions also...

I use the dirty wood track by Jointed Rail, which is not available on the DLS, as my mainline track, and the "SAM" track in my yards. I agree we have to watch for the high-poly stuff, but the lower res options are terrific look yard tracks. When driving along and from a distance, I agree there's no way to tell that the track is built to European standards.

John

Back